Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369610 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2250 on: July 06, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
We are still a club who's only ambition is to stay in Prem after seven seasons. JP has carried on the good work that was started by Paul Thomson but by being more cautious and with the new money being pumped into league Jeromy has to either sell or change his tact and put debt on club just to compete with transfers and wages

Paul Thompson stopped the rot and turned the tide

JP pushed us forward
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2251 on: July 06, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »
Paul Thompson stopped the rot and turned the tide

JP pushed us forward

If it wernt for him we might have gone bust
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2252 on: July 06, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »

If it wernt for him we might have gone bust

I know mate

he turned the tide for us, we was losing 60k a week or a month was it? The sales of Maresca helped us to stem the tide and turn a corner
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2253 on: July 06, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »
Totally agreed. Some people are just never satisfied

I thought it was Thompson who rebuilt the Rainbow? I agree JP has been excellent overall but I question whether he is the man to take us forward. It is sad to see smaller clubs overtaking us - both on and off the pitch.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2254 on: July 06, 2016, 03:05:39 PM »
I thought it was Thompson who rebuilt the Rainbow? I agree JP has been excellent overall but I question whether he is the man to take us forward. It is sad to see smaller clubs overtaking us - both on and off the pitch.

most definitley the poorest club in the premier, maybe Burnley
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2255 on: July 06, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »
someone wake me up when they know whats going on.... because your all talking about things irrelevant!

Let me know when we've been takenover

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2256 on: July 06, 2016, 04:18:26 PM »

Some of those smaller clubs splashing money operate at a loss unlike us, and are one risky gamble away from having things crash down around them. At least you know with us we operate knowing that relegation wouldn't kill us.

It's natural to question if he's the man to take us forward, especially as he's admitted he's not, hence the desire to sell. People seem to think 'he's taken us as far as he can' is some sort of criticism of the guy and that he's trying to cling to power despite it not being best for the club - which is ridiculous when he's admitted it and is trying to sell.

He's may have taken us as far as he personally can, but that's a great achievement and to have him admit it proves that he knows his own limits.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2257 on: July 06, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
He should put a reasonable price on us, say £80m. If he wants £200m and not £80m what would you think is motives are for that, bearing in mind if someone did pay that for us,which i very much doubt, it would not allow them to spend on the team or the stadium. But of course we aren't interested in those are we, just the profit side of the game.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2258 on: July 06, 2016, 04:51:18 PM »
He should put a reasonable price on us, say £80m. If he wants £200m and not £80m what would you think is motives are for that, bearing in mind if someone did pay that for us,which i very much doubt, it would not allow them to spend on the team or the stadium. But of course we aren't interested in those are we, just the profit side of the game.

Answered your own question unfortunately in your last sentence. Greed.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2259 on: July 06, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »

So we are worth £4m more than Championship Villa? Ok mate. With the money in this league, selling for £80m is silly - especially considering that someone bought 50% of Everton for £85m. And where is this £200m figure coming from? You can't make up an arbitrary figure then call someone greedy because of it  ;)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2260 on: July 06, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2261 on: July 06, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »

Would you sell your house with all the improvements you have made with a carefully attended garden for less than the valuation. It stays on the market for a year or so, the valuation doesn't fall, it fact it increases, but you stick to your price.
Your next door neighbour thinks you should sell at a lower price because he would like some new, perhaps richer neighbours and that sticking to the value of your house, thinks you're greedy

As the seller, do you drop your price to please him?

No of  course you don't, you want the best price
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:36:02 PM by halifax_baggie »

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2262 on: July 06, 2016, 05:26:39 PM »

Like you would take a cut price on something you owned! This I had made the improvements and put the work in he has over the last 15 years I'd want as much as it is worth.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2263 on: July 06, 2016, 05:53:18 PM »
Would you sell your house with all the improvements you have made with a carefully attended garden for less than the valuation. It stays on the market for a year or so, the valuation doesn't fall, it fact it increases, but you stick to your price.
Your next door neighbour thinks you should sell at a lower price because he would like some new, perhaps richer neighbours and that sticking to the value of your house, think's you're greedy

As the seller, do you drop your price to please him?

No of  course you don't, you want the best price

Who's valuation is it though?

It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Personally I think it is way over valued and JP will struggle to sell.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2264 on: July 06, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »

It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Personally I think it is way over valued and JP will struggle to sell.

the Market decides the valuation, whatever we may think.

I think there are one or two accountants on here who would hazard a guess based on asset value and future income streams ;)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2265 on: July 06, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »
JP brought the club as an investment the same as the glaziers at Man U except the loan has now been paid back. He will only sell at a price he wants which will be substantial as while we are in the greed leave we are one of a few clubs left which haven't been brought. Trophies don't matter just staying in the league hence why Pullis will remain here.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2266 on: July 06, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »

What valuation are you basing this off? Media speculation? As far as I've seen there's been no formal asking price for the club, certainly none that Peace has made public. Figures of £180-200m are touted by fans but nobody knows what has been offered - you have to remember we already entered into one period of exclusivity last season so someone met JP's valuation, which by your reasoning means the club isn't priced too highly to attract interest.

That said you won't find many clubs for sale that are profitable, have no debts to pay off (Villa were bought for around £75m + assurances they could pay off £25m debt) and with guaranteed increases in income next season. You'd be surprised how much more businessmen are willing to pay if they don't have to sort out underlying messes upon purchase. I'd hazard a guess that the 88% controlling stake in the club would be worth £130-150m. Put into perspective £85m for 49.9% of Everton's shareholdings would suggest that's a viable figure.

But as others have suggested, we are worth whatever anyone would pay for us.

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2267 on: July 06, 2016, 06:36:46 PM »
Something that occurred to me earlier.

If Jeremy valued the club at 80m, it means investors come from a broader pool. In essence, someone with less money could pay 80m for us, but then might not have the capital to do anymore than we currently do.

Setting the bar higher means the buyer is likely to have greater income streams from elsewhere, and would have greater capacity to support the club, especially if it all goes drastically wrong.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2268 on: July 06, 2016, 06:44:37 PM »
What valuation are you basing this off? Media speculation? As far as I've seen there's been no formal asking price for the club, certainly none that Peace has made public. Figures of £180-200m are touted by fans but nobody knows what has been offered - you have to remember we already entered into one period of exclusivity last season so someone met JP's valuation, which by your reasoning means the club isn't priced too highly to attract interest.

That said you won't find many clubs for sale that are profitable, have no debts to pay off (Villa were bought for around £75m + assurances they could pay off £25m debt) and with guaranteed increases in income next season. You'd be surprised how much more businessmen are willing to pay if they don't have to sort out underlying messes upon purchase. I'd hazard a guess that the 88% controlling stake in the club would be worth £130-150m. Put into perspective £85m for 49.9% of Everton's shareholdings would suggest that's a viable figure.

But as others have suggested, we are worth whatever anyone would pay for us.
You seem the right person to ask this question, was or is there still a company called Kappa involved with WBA or Jeremy Peace.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2269 on: July 06, 2016, 06:55:36 PM »
Something that occurred to me earlier.

If Jeremy valued the club at 80m, it means investors come from a broader pool. In essence, someone with less money could pay 80m for us, but then might not have the capital to do anymore than we currently do.

Setting the bar higher means the buyer is likely to have greater income streams from elsewhere, and would have greater capacity to support the club, especially if it all goes drastically wrong.

Serious question! Why do you think anybody would want to buy a football club? Especially a ready made one like WBA? No businessman in their right mind would want to buy a football club as a stand alone way of making money, would they? There has to be easier ways of getting £1.2 million return.

I'm not sure how old JP is, but if he did sell, I could see him buying Leeds or Portsmouth & then using the WBA model to add value, but I just couldn't see anybody buying WBA without some other motive.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2270 on: July 06, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »
Serious question! Why do you think anybody would want to buy a football club? Especially a ready made one like WBA? No businessman in their right mind would want to buy a football club as a stand alone way of making money, would they? There has to be easier ways of getting £1.2 million return.

I'm not sure how old JP is, but if he did sell, I could see him buying Leeds or Portsmouth & then using the WBA model to add value, but I just couldn't see anybody buying WBA without some other motive.

Good point, I was just thinking out loud!

I guess my point more was, if we sell for 80m we attract a group of investors with less disposable income. Ie someone with a net of say 750m may see that as a fun project, but if we retail at 200m, it might push the boundaries up to someone of 1b plus as an example.

I.e. we'd be a more expensive vanity project for a wealthier buyer - thus might have more money to pump into the club

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2271 on: July 06, 2016, 07:27:15 PM »
Good point, I was just thinking out loud!

I guess my point more was, if we sell for 80m we attract a group of investors with less disposable income. Ie someone with a net of say 750m may see that as a fun project, but if we retail at 200m, it might push the boundaries up to someone of 1b plus as an example.

I.e. we'd be a more expensive vanity project for a wealthier buyer - thus might have more money to pump into the club

I can see your point, but without being disparaging to WBAFC, it ain't very glamorous is it? & TBH can't see many vanity projects post June 23rd.
IMO it's either got to be a tax sink or brand exposure, or a bit of both.

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2272 on: July 06, 2016, 07:33:52 PM »
I can see your point, but without being disparaging to WBAFC, it ain't very glamorous is it? & TBH can't see many vanity projects post June 23rd.
IMO it's either got to be a tax sink or brand exposure, or a bit of both.

No it isn't, but "Premier League" is. I don't really think many of the owners are concerned about the name, as opposed to having a team in the prem. Before Man City were taken over, they were hardly a fashionable club.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2273 on: July 06, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »
No it isn't, but "Premier League" is. I don't really think many of the owners are concerned about the name, as opposed to having a team in the prem. Before Man City were taken over, they were hardly a fashionable club.

I guess we'll never know.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2274 on: July 06, 2016, 07:36:24 PM »
Why is everyone going on about net worth and how much should we be sold for, if and when were sold Peace will do it on his terms and will get the price he wants whatever that price is. I will be glad when all this speculation is over and were sold which will happen be it now or in the future so we can all get back to doing what we do best supporting the BAGGIES in the PREMIER LEAGUE, role on the new season looking forward to kiddi BOING BOING