Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369606 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1725 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »
I have too say that JP does have this clubs best interests at heart, love him or hate him he is looking for the deal that will allow us to develop and not become another Pompey.

Yes im gutted that we havent been sold to an owner that will push us forward however I would rather stay with JP than be sold off to someone who will destroy all the hard work of the last 15 years

Fair play JP
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1726 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:42 AM »
Never believed it would happen and not surprised by the statement, how many people have purchased season tickets on the back of change.
Tell us the whole story, I doubt it, fans led up the garden path by a very shrewd accountant!!
No signings, no progress, money in the bank you have to laugh. 

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1727 on: July 24, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »
For every Roman Abramovitch there are several Carson Yeungs...... JP always said that whatever deal happens it has to be for the good of West Bromwich Albion. He clearly does not like what he sees and has pulled the plug.

For that he deserves our gratitude.
MAGA!

Ukar1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1728 on: July 24, 2015, 10:32:39 AM »
For every Roman Abramovitch there are several Carson Yeungs...... JP always said that whatever deal happens it has to be for the good of West Bromwich Albion. He clearly does not like what he sees and has pulled the plug.

For that he deserves our gratitude.

Well put.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1729 on: July 24, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »
Not much you can say really. Statement makes it clear that the terms of the sale were agreed but for some reason the buyers couldn't fulfill them, could potentially be a lucky escape.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1730 on: July 24, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
I would rather have JP in charge then someone who would ruin our great club and from what the statement says that us what JP thinks would have happened.

If JP didn't care about the club why didn't he just sell it then and sod the consequences.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1731 on: July 24, 2015, 10:36:21 AM »
Though I won't lie, I'm somewhat feeling down its not going ahead, as like others I allowed myself to think we would have someone to throw a bit more money at us, it's clear he has the best interest at heart. None of us know how tough it is to sell a football club and I hate to say it but bigger clubs like villa and Everton have not managed it. What we really need now to pick those of us who are deflated with this news is a decent signing or two, bit like when we signed lescott a couple of days after Alan Irvine was named head coach

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1732 on: July 24, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
I was never overly fussed in the first place.

Sometimes its better to be grateful for what you have, rather than wishing for something else.

As long as we have Pulis, I'm content. :)
Baggie in Southampton

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1733 on: July 24, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Slightly disappointed but I've learnt over the years not to get too excited! Can't knock the statement to be fair although I wouldn't be surprised if this was timed so that a signing or 2 is nearly complete as to soften the blow either?
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1734 on: July 24, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
I think many fans were dreaming of a fantastic new owner who would come in and splash the cash...when in reality i dont think that would have been the case.

Onwards we go and we can sleep safe knowing JP has the clubs best interests at heart.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1735 on: July 24, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »
I would rather have JP in charge then someone who would ruin our great club and from what the statement says that us what JP thinks would have happened.

If JP didn't care about the club why didn't he just sell it then and sod the consequences.
perhaps because they offered him a wee bit less than he wants?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1736 on: July 24, 2015, 10:47:36 AM »

I would suggest that the issue was financial, and the Chairman  wouldn't have been receiving his ransom, so he pulled the plug.

I'm sure Peace is not a very happy man today.
Penny Arcade.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1737 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:49 AM »
The way I read the statement is that a sale to another buyer could still be on but could take some more time.

To be honest, I've always been satisfied to remain as we are, slowly progressing over the past decade or more as a club and team. With or without a new owner, with additional TV money coming, it's difficult to see us not improving further.

Any takeover must be aimed at improving the club long term and not someone coming in to spend a few quid in the short term to be a hero but then bring the club down a la Carson Yeung.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1738 on: July 24, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
Never believed it would happen and not surprised by the statement, how many people have purchased season tickets on the back of change.
Tell us the whole story, I doubt it, fans led up the garden path by a very shrewd accountant!!

No signings, no progress, money in the bank you have to laugh.

This is my general thought on the whole matter too. Personally, I'm very uncomfortable with change in anything in life, whether it be for the better or worse, so in that respect I'm not too disappointed that the takeover hasn't materialised. Saying that,with my cynical head on, I can't help think that this was an exercise by JP to lull us all into thinking that progress was being made in order to appease the supporters and prompt season ticket sales during a summer that many of us were seriously thinking of not renewing after a thoroughly boring,disappointing campaign last year. That is not being unnecessarily critical of JP, he as Throstletown said, is very shrewd and did what had to be done and it worked!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1739 on: July 24, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »
i guessed the writing was on the wall the moment i read we were negotiating with Abou Diaby.

Half relieved, half disappointed. Better the devil you know, but just for once, i was dreaming that Albion might have had the money to compete with other mid table clubs. Ah well, we will be back over this again at some point, when another buyer tries to buy us out.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1740 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »
Villa fans already getting excited that the deal has fallen through so they can go back in for them.
Any chance?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1741 on: July 24, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
If anyone bought a season ticket on the basis of change they deserve everything they get for being so foolish.

It was clear for a long while, even if sold, change would be minimal, if anything, without our balding custodian, probably more risky.
Baggie in Southampton

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1742 on: July 24, 2015, 10:57:14 AM »
I'm disappointed that the deal has fallen through at such a late stage.  I guess it indicates that the potential purchaser wasn't the safe hands that we'd been promised, or that they'd found something that wasn't 'as billed'.

I hope this whole issue is parked until September now. 

Ukar1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1743 on: July 24, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »
Are we likely to get a forfeit from the potential purchaser noe its fallen through?

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1744 on: July 24, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »
Any monies held as part of the exclusivity process would get used for the legal bills - I would expect.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1745 on: July 24, 2015, 11:04:20 AM »
some people are unbelievable and really haven't got a clue....

how can it be "typical peace"... the statement says that a deal was agreed.... therefore JP was ready to sell which is what so many on here wanted...

the fact that he was not comfortable with how the deal was being finalised and "dragging" on surely shows that he has the clubs best interests at hand... He could have just done what Gold and Sullivan did with blues and still sold to them after they had messed about just like Carson Yung did and look where that got blues.

don't get me wrong we can all dream of a new rich owner ploughing money in to the club we love , but the reality is that in the current set up we are in safe hands, and todays actions surely show that JP is not just interested in his own pocket.. he actually cares for the club...

so for crying out loud and for the sake of the new season please please stop this negativity about the running of the club and let them get on with their jobs,.

Pulis seems to be happy with the way things are going, albeit frustrated with some of the clubs demands, but he has not expressed concern that he doesn't have JP's backing so FFS give it a rest and get behind what the club are trying to achieve.

Well said mate, great post.

Personally I'm more than content with the Club Statement.

A quick glance at some of the Albion social media sites does indicate a proportion of our support is a bit disappointment, but personally I can't fathom how anyone can be too down about things when none of us have a clue about who the potential new owners were or what their intentions and future plans for the club were?

Clearly though the club does not have to be actively marketed as being up for sale for a potential buyer to emerge and make an offer, and at some stage the club will be sold, though personally as an ordinary Albion fan and Season Ticket holder, I'm very content with the way in which Peace runs the club so long may he continue at the helm as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm pleased to read the Club Statement, the club have continually emphasised that the situation has had no negative impact on player recruitment, and from the outside looking in, the position of Tony Pulis (who I believe to be a superb Manager) looks very strong and secure.

I suspect we'll have a few new players on board soon and am very much looking forward to the new season.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1746 on: July 24, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
I'm not sure about the whole idea anyway... Venky's anyone?

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1747 on: July 24, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »
A slightly relieved Baggie over here. Better the devil you know.... until the next takeover talk begin...
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1748 on: July 24, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »
If anyone bought a season ticket on the basis of change they deserve everything they get for being so foolish.

It was clear for a long while, even if sold, change would be minimal, if anything, without our balding custodian, probably more risky.
Very true, nothing was said that the new owners (if sold) would splash the cash.

And another thing if JP had sold us and the new owners turned out to be the worst thing that had happened to the club what would the fans been saying then? JP shouldn't have sold us he should have done more checks on these people. Better the devil you know.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1749 on: July 24, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »
Line 1 - Venkys - Chicken Farmers who have almost destroyed Blackburn
Line 2 - Vincent Tan - Virtually ripped the tradition out of the football club with colour change.
Line 3 - Carson Yeung - Almost bankrupt blues and is currently in a chinese prison cell

JP your doing a great job old chap
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!