Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369739 times)

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1675 on: July 23, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »
Sixth of August - very lucky for Chinese  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1676 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »
8 is THE lucky number in china so the 8th / 8th (August) is very auspicious, doubly so this year as it is officially the first day of Autumn in the chinese calendar.

Maybe we will sign a new number 8 (Craig Gardner is incumbent)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1677 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »
Sons of Albion Facebook page, saying Chinese Consortium been looking round the ground last two days ??? dont know how true this is  ::)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1678 on: July 23, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
Sons of Albion Facebook page, saying Chinese Consortium been looking round the ground last two days ??? dont know how true this is  ::)

Could just be reps of the new shirt sponsors?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1679 on: July 23, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
Sons of Albion are very reliable. They was the first to state about Chinese taking over.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1680 on: July 23, 2015, 08:15:41 PM »
So I am hoping like the majority that this Takeover happens. I’m also hoping its goes to the Wanda Group, If it is then were moving to a big and exciting era for the club. I ask the subject question "How long do you think Pulis will be in charge" if they do take over, and back him.

Now I’m not saying Pulis is a bad manager, totally the contrary, I think hes a very established manager for a club of our size, and gets results. But this Group are seriously loaded, and have a very good and successful Business. I think they would be looking to branch out and hopefully get into Europe. They will be looking in time for a big name manager no doubt.

Even if its not the Wanda Group and is a successful Chinese owner or company, I think the same can comply. Exciting times. Just wish the Takeover was concluded.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1681 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
Is it still good if it's a consortium... Or better if was a sole owner?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1682 on: July 23, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »
Sons of Albion are very reliable. They was the first to state about Chinese taking over.

They were guessing like everyone else was at the time. Few Chinese blokes seen around the stadium that could be there for any reason and suddenly its the consortium that has purchased the club.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1683 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:19 PM »
Now I’m not saying Pulis is a bad manager, totally the contrary, I think hes a very established manager for a club of our size, and gets results. But this Group are seriously loaded, and have a very good and successful Business. I think they would be looking to branch out and hopefully get into Europe. They will be looking in time for a big name manager no doubt.

Sorry but real-life does not work like championship manager. Our ground holds 26k, by premiership standards we are a small club with one of the lowest revenue streams. Rich benefactors are no longer allowed to throw money to transform a club, which in our case would need to be £200m plus anyway and would take 3 years minimum to really take effect. Pulis actually got stoke into Europe. There appears to be a myth that Peace has been holding us back when we've actually out-performed. The best we can hope for is a stadium expanded to 35k and mid-table football but in the prem you take each season as it comes. We are never going to be immune from relegation so somebody like Pulis is a godsend and you need to blindsided not to see that.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1684 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »
I erected the goals at Stamford Bridge last week. The place was swarming with Orientals. I think it had more to do with stadium tours, than a takeover. Do we do stadium tours? ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1685 on: July 24, 2015, 12:54:24 AM »
Sorry but real-life does not work like championship manager. Our ground holds 26k, by premiership standards we are a small club with one of the lowest revenue streams. Rich benefactors are no longer allowed to throw money to transform a club, which in our case would need to be £200m plus anyway and would take 3 years minimum to really take effect. Pulis actually got stoke into Europe. There appears to be a myth that Peace has been holding us back when we've actually out-performed. The best we can hope for is a stadium expanded to 35k and mid-table football but in the prem you take each season as it comes. We are never going to be immune from relegation so somebody like Pulis is a godsend and you need to blindsided not to see that.

My thinking exactly!
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1686 on: July 24, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
I erected the goals at Stamford Bridge last week. The place was swarming with Orientals. I think it had more to do with stadium tours, than a takeover. Do we do stadium tours? ;)

Yes. Very interesting too.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1687 on: July 24, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »
They were guessing like everyone else was at the time. Few Chinese blokes seen around the stadium that could be there for any reason and suddenly its the consortium that has purchased the club.

How do you know they was guessing though ? They have been more reliable than the local rags & some 'ITKS' on here..

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1688 on: July 24, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »
Its all off.  Boo!

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-jeremy-peace-official-statement-2568402.aspx

Chairman ends exclusivity agreement
I HAVE today brought to a close the period of exclusivity announced on July 3 and suspended negotiations with the interested party involved over the sale of West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd.

I entered into an exclusivity arrangement in good faith after agreeing terms for the sale but it is now clear to me that this potential purchaser is unable to fulfil the terms of that agreement at this time.

The Club's long-term stability and continued development is of paramount importance and I am not satisfied that the interests of West Bromwich Albion would have been best served by my continuing discussions at present.

It is important that I re-emphasise that the possible sale of the club does not and will not impact upon its day-to-day running and that this applies particularly in an area which I know concerns all supporters - team strengthening.

This is a period in which there is always an understandable impatience for new signings to strengthen our squad and nowhere is this pressure more keenly felt than at board level.

We have been busy pursuing transfer targets with the determined intention of helping our Head Coach Tony Pulis assemble a squad which he can take into the new Barclays Premier League campaign with optimism.

But, as Tony has confirmed, we will not be held to ransom. Of course I know this can add to supporter frustration but I do believe they will see our efforts come to fruition over the course of the transfer window.

As for the Club's long-term future, it is true that both before and since the exclusivity announcement was made, other parties have expressed strong interest in a purchase of the club and therefore that process remains ongoing.

But not at any point will it be allowed to deflect us from our primary objective of competing in the Premier League in a manner which our supporters demand.

Jeremy Peace
Chairman

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-jeremy-peace-official-statement-2568402.aspx#dY2liWy7vSWmMjvv.99

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1689 on: July 24, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »
i thought we were going to Harrods, lidls here we come
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1690 on: July 24, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
How frustrating ! Now JP go sign some players please
Will we ever know who the potential buyers actually were?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:55:43 AM by sammyg »

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1691 on: July 24, 2015, 09:55:45 AM »
what a waste of time!

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1692 on: July 24, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »
I have to say a massive anti climax, typical Albion

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1693 on: July 24, 2015, 09:58:36 AM »
Was a nice dream whilst it lasted, now back to normality  :(

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1694 on: July 24, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »
He states there are several other interested parties. Still very much up for sale by the sounds of it, even though we've past his own cut off date.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1695 on: July 24, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »
It proves JP only has the best interests of the club at heart.... isn't  that a good thing?

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1696 on: July 24, 2015, 10:00:41 AM »
Fair play JP. He obviously didn't feel comfortable with the potential purchasers so I am happy. Could of been a Pompey job.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1697 on: July 24, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
 No real surprise typical Peace his ability to soft soap knows no limits !!!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »
No real surprise typical Peace his ability to soft soap knows no limits !!!
Why is it 'Typical Peace'??
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:03:48 AM by ian66 »

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1699 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »
He's not going to be able to win whatever he says. I think that statement seems fair enough, if someone can't fulfil something they've agreed on this early, why continue?

How does anyone know if they promised him certain things for squad or stadium or name changes then changed everything? You don't and never will. So don't jump to conclusions, he isn't going to waste his own time doing this for a laugh.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"