Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369588 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1650 on: July 21, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »
there was tv camera outside ground by astle gates at 1.30pm  ???????

It was BBC reporting about James McClean turning away during the nation anthem.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1651 on: July 21, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »
I hope it all falls through what do you think

No way. It would be a step into the unknown but we need investment if we are to stay competitive in this league. If JP stays we will go down within 3 years IMO as we will struggle to compete with the majority of teams.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1652 on: July 21, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »
Nixon has just said.. Its all signed off, not sure why its not announced. But like everyone else wouldn't say who it is.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1653 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »
As said above, there are non-disclosure agreement that mean all involved parties cannot say anything until the process has finished.

We were told to wait until the end of the month for an announcement so there's 10 days left to wait it out.

They said they hoped to make an announcement by the end of the month its not set in stone that there will be one.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1654 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
Nixon has just said.. Its all signed off, not sure why its not announced. But like everyone else wouldn't say who it is.

Who is Nixon?

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1655 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
Who is Nixon?

A reporter for one of the national newspapers, not sure which one.

He seems to know a fair bit compared to the local journos.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1656 on: July 21, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »
Just a thought - perhaps the new owners want to make the announcement together with big signings so that they get maximum publicity and a feel good factor ;)

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1657 on: July 21, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
Here's hoping your right

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1658 on: July 21, 2015, 11:07:33 PM »
Without sounding pedantic when the club said the takeover should be done "By the end of July", did they mean literally that it would be announced on the 31st or as in a few days before possibly?

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1659 on: July 21, 2015, 11:22:58 PM »
Without sounding pedantic when the club said the takeover should be done "By the end of July", did they mean literally that it would be announced on the 31st or as in a few days before possibly?

I would assume (given that i obviously don't know for certain) that the handover is done from our side, but the FA need to do their stuff. So the end of July stuff was just an educated guess from the Albion staff.

I'd be very surprised if this is having any hold up on incoming players or any inpact on nearly anything if honest. I think once it goes through it'll be all academic really, unless of course the person/company wants to put money in (upto FFP limits)
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1660 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »

I imagine it's the legal side that's holding up the announcement. (If you've ever moved house, you'll know solicitors are not renowned for their speed). Also JP will want to ensure that he gets paid, & I can't imagine it's an easy task to get circa £150,000,000 out of China (If it is indeed Chinese prospective owners).
As I understood it, they were saying that the formalities should be complete by end of July, it could be before, it might be after, in any event, I would imagine that the new owners are part of the decision making process in modifying the playing squad.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1661 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:04 AM »
I'm assuming here but I'm guessing that the club won't be sold if the new owner fails the fit and proper owners test by the FA? I'd hope due diligence would remove that as a risk, but with a lot of talk of 'handing over to the right person' what's the possibility the sale could happen but we get left in limbo?

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1662 on: July 22, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
I'm assuming here but I'm guessing that the club won't be sold if the new owner fails the fit and proper owners test by the FA? I'd hope due diligence would remove that as a risk, but with a lot of talk of 'handing over to the right person' what's the possibility the sale could happen but we get left in limbo?

Has anyone actually ever failed this? Seeing some of the chancers who have passed, I wonder how difficult it is to actually pass!

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1663 on: July 22, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »
Has anyone actually ever failed this? Seeing some of the chancers who have passed, I wonder how difficult it is to actually pass!

Only one manager ( if I  remember reading correctly)  and he had already been at that particular club and dropped them in the poop.

If you have enough cash and you haven't atleast been caught money laundering (yet)  or have no serious convictions the clubs yours basically.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1664 on: July 22, 2015, 09:51:37 AM »
JP is probably somewhere in a darkened room at this very moment counting his money before he signs off the deal. It will take a week or two to count £150 million.

You would have thought that given his supposed love for the club a profit of £100 million would be more than enough to see him through his retirement  and he could give us back £50 million to put into the transfer kitty. Now that really would be a gesture of goodwill.

If nothing else, it would compensate the fans for all the agonies he's put us through during the various transfer windows down the years.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1665 on: July 22, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
JP is probably somewhere in a darkened room at this very moment counting his money before he signs off the deal. It will take a week or two to count £150 million.

You would have thought that given his supposed love for the club a profit of £100 million would be more than enough to see him through his retirement  and he could give us back £50 million to put into the transfer kitty. Now that really would be a gesture of goodwill.

If nothing else, it would compensate the fans for all the agonies he's put us through during the various transfer windows down the years.

The King is in his counting house counting all his money, god knows what the queen is doing
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1666 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »
I imagine it's the legal side that's holding up the announcement. (If you've ever moved house, you'll know solicitors are not renowned for their speed). Also JP will want to ensure that he gets paid, & I can't imagine it's an easy task to get circa £150,000,000 out of China (If it is indeed Chinese prospective owners).
As I understood it, they were saying that the formalities should be complete by end of July, it could be before, it might be after, in any event, I would imagine that the new owners are part of the decision making process in modifying the playing squad.

So you mean he's holding onto the keys until the money hits his account?  :)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1667 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
JP will have to pay Capital gains tax of 27% on a large slice of the £150 million I guess,  so I would not put it past JP to be arranging some whizzy tax avoidance scheme if possible, something which could also delay the completion process. The chances are we will never get to know.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1668 on: July 22, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
JP will have to pay Capital gains tax of 27% on a large slice of the £150 million I guess,  so I would not put it past JP to be arranging some whizzy tax avoidance scheme if possible, something which could also delay the completion process. The chances are we will never get to know.

He won't be able to use "offshore" allowances under new laws, but I can Imagine he would leave a sizeable amount in which ever country the new owners' come from, for "future" needs. (That is if their taxes are lower).

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1669 on: July 22, 2015, 10:56:38 AM »

Didn't Cellini at Leeds fail it? Then Pass it. Then fail it again.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1670 on: July 22, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »

The succesful seasons do this for me.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1671 on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »
The succesful seasons do this for me.

Very good point, Someone on here I forget who and apologize for that said along the lines of we all think we need major changes when in fact those changes needed are minimal if at all.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1672 on: July 22, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »

Didn't one of the Porstmouth owners pass the test and it ended up that the person did not even exist?

Ali Al Faraj

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1673 on: July 22, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »
JP will get entreprenurial relief on the sale which is at 10% tax so I reckon he'll be ok! ;D

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1674 on: July 22, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »
JP will get entreprenurial relief on the sale which is at 10% tax so I reckon he'll be ok! ;D

Only covers the first £10m of gains