Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369582 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1550 on: July 15, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
I think the whole thing has been one big con. Just another excuse to go into a new season with no new faces,please someone prove me wrong.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1551 on: July 15, 2015, 04:47:13 PM »
I think the whole thing has been one big con. Just another excuse to go into a new season with no new faces,please someone prove me wrong.
Why would we do that.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1552 on: July 15, 2015, 04:47:50 PM »

We have Pulis at the helm now, he wouldn't put up with that. We'd have signed Phillips by now if QPR weren't putting an unrealistic price on him.
the regime don't like it man

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1553 on: July 15, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
The reason it's taking so long to get sorted, is because of all the checks that have to be done on prospective new owners these days, & rightly so. These things do take time, but better we do them than get the wrong types of people in!
Interestingly, I was told by a good source that the reason we haven't gone up to 10 million for Phillips, is simply because of Pulis & not because the club aren't willing to pay it. TP has a valuation & won't let the club spend over the odds.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1554 on: July 15, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
The reason it's taking so long to get sorted, is because of all the checks that have to be done on prospective new owners these days, & rightly so. These things do take time, but better we do them than get the wrong types of people in!
Interestingly, I was told by a good source that the reason we haven't gone up to 10 million for Phillips, is simply because of Pulis & not because the club aren't willing to pay it. TP has a valuation & won't let the club spend over the odds.

This can't be right surely? The proposed takeover must be delayed because JP is an evil wizard and doesn't really want to sell he just wants to shift more season tickets and replica tops. He has no interest in selling for millions, why would he want to go and make himself massively wealthy when he could be spending time making Albion fans miserable?

And Pulis is having a say in transfers? Nonsense. Everyone knows that Richard Garlick is a malevolent dwarf king who is secretly plotting to deny Pulis any player he really wants before forcing some Spanish second division Patagonian B internationals on him, thus also forcing Pulis to walk out on the club.

I mean it's obvious to anyone isn't it?

Both Peace and Garlick want nothing more than to see the club fail, and fail dramatically before walking off giggling into the sunset leaving nothing but the smoking ruins of the East Stand behind them.

Someone please prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:54:30 PM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1555 on: July 15, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »
WBA are advertising for a new FD, it seems strange to me if the takeover was so close, as the new owners would surely want their own man in
Ill Sleep when im dead

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1556 on: July 15, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »
Maybe the new owners have put vacancy out.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1557 on: July 15, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
This can't be right surely? The proposed takeover must be delayed because JP is an evil wizard and doesn't really want to sell he just wants to shift more season tickets and replica tops. He has no interest in selling for millions, why would he want to go and make himself massively wealthy when he could be spending time making Albion fans miserable?

And Pulis is having a say in transfers? Nonsense. Everyone knows that Richard Garlick is a malevolent dwarf king who is secretly plotting to deny Pulis any player he really wants before forcing some Spanish second division Patagonian B internationals on him, thus forcing Pulis to walk out on the club.

I mean it's obvious to anyone isn't it?

Both Peace and Garlick want nothing more than to see the club fail, and fail dramatically before walking off giggling into the sunset leaving nothing but the smoking ruins if the East Stand behind them.

Someone please prove me wrong.

Cracking post, I'd written something similar but yours says it better and with humour!

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1558 on: July 15, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
Rumours on Twitter that the deal was signed off last week.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1559 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
Rumours on Twitter that the deal was signed off last week.

Just to add a bit more to this, source is from journo Alan Nixon. He has alluded to it twice now in the last few days, I seen him mention it a few days ago also.

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko
@RSR20553 West Brom contract was signed over a wek ago ... but no announcement ... odd. No new word on transfers. Phillis, Hennessy target.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1560 on: July 15, 2015, 06:34:57 PM »
Possibly the fact that most of the Albion are in America???? I am only guessing though!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:46:22 PM by MarkW »

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1561 on: July 15, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »

Mate I sat this candidly - let your disappointment re shares go, move on and stop repeating the same dismal predictions, be patient, look forward with optimism your life will become better and your posts will be creatively more interesting ;)

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1562 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »
Is he not an inspiration though? Be honest we would miss his posts and Chipperfan has by proxy certainly been creative enough for me today  :D
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1563 on: July 15, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »
The fit and proper test is a joke.

Cellino at Leeds failed it and was still allowed to takeover.

Then he got done for tax evasion and was banned until April 2015 i think with his son taking the helm until he returned.

The rules haven't detered him from anything as he's recently been charged by the italian authourities for evading tax on the purchase of a range rover.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1564 on: July 15, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Just to add a bit more to this, source is from journo Alan Nixon. He has alluded to it twice now in the last few days, I seen him mention it a few days ago also.

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko
@RSR20553 West Brom contract was signed over a wek ago ... but no announcement ... odd. No new word on transfers. Phillis, Hennessy target.

Signed off? You mean the takeover was finalised.. Or scrapped?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1565 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:39 PM »
Signed off? You mean the takeover was finalised.. Or scrapped?

He is implying it was as good as finalized last week. If that is true who knows. Seems a decent journo though. He also said they were Chinese in the next tweet.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1566 on: July 15, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »
This long drawn out saga is becoming a bit of a laughing stock. The sooner an announcement is made the better. It can't be very helpful when we are trying to sign new players, hence we have only added an average Championship player to date.  The new season is less than a month away.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1567 on: July 15, 2015, 09:05:30 PM »
This long drawn out saga is becoming a bit of a laughing stock. The sooner an announcement is made the better. It can't be very helpful when we are trying to sign new players, hence we have only added an average Championship player to date.  The new season is less than a month away.
is it? most folk outside the club & it's online fanbase either don't know or don't care.

if we DO sell this month, then that's a public sale of around 8 months . Lerner's been trying to sell Villa for 2 YEARS now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:08:59 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1568 on: July 15, 2015, 09:06:23 PM »

Who exactly is laughing? Do you imagine that £150m deals are done over a sandwich and a pint at lunch time in the pub?

For goodness sake, it may or may not happen, but whatever the case the club is right in taking its time and being cautious. This is quite probably the most important decision that has been made in the club's history. Do you really think they will rush it because a few vocal supporters are getting squeaky bums, or because some footballer is hesitating over whether to come here if not, or because some greedy Championship outfit is trying to wring a few bob more out if them?

These people are hard nosed, professional business people. If and when the deal gets done it will be because everyone involved feels that is the right outcome for all concerned. Until then no amount of keyboard bombast and bluster will change things.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1569 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
Mate I sat this candidly - let your disappointment re shares go, move on and stop repeating the same dismal predictions, be patient, look forward with optimism your life will become better and your posts will be creatively more interesting ;)

If i didn't care about the club so much i would chill. Some chance of that.
I am not normally so pessemistic,it's just that when we sign player's or have something to announce we seem to take an age.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1570 on: July 15, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »
is it? most folk outside the club & it's online fanbase either don't know or don't care.

if we DO sell this month, then that's a public sale of around 8 months . Lerner's been trying to sell Villa for 2 YEARS now.

That's a very good point. It's probably about as 'in and out' as you could get with the sale of a 150 million pound premier league business, in the constant eyes of the media and all the other guff that comes with it. I'm sure people think Jeremy should've just handed over his share certs in a brown paper back whilst disguised as burger van man on the brummie rd.....after given them the time it takes to have a pint to make a decision. In my opinion, quiet is good and things are progressing. Big mouths cost people with money......money!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:47:13 PM by sconesy »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1571 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »
If I was the new owner as of last week with a few quid to spend maybe I'd stay quiet until a few bids for key players were accepted rather than risk the selling club seeing £ signs as a new owner with cash approaches a sought after player?

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1572 on: July 15, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »
Chinese like lucky numbers ;)

maybe announcing on the 8th of the 8th is "very auspicious"

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:13:33 AM by Aixelsyd »
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1573 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »
I think he deserves to be up there with the top earners, without his goals we would have struggled to stay up

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1574 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:58 PM »
I think he deserves to be up there with the top earners, without his goals we would have struggled to stay up

Are you cryptically suggesting that Saido is the mystery investor in talks to buy the club?