Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369599 times)

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1450 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Wonder if this makes any difference to any potential takeover by anyone of Chinese desent?

http://www.international-adviser.com/news/1023646/china-market-plunge-economy-risk

The continuing fall in China's stock market puts the country's entire financial system and structural reform agenda at risk, according to Axa Investment Managers and Schroders - See more at: http://www.international-adviser.com/news/1023646/china-market-plunge-economy-risk#sthash.KUdfU3fA.dpuf
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: July 08, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
Wonder if this makes any difference to any potential takeover by anyone of Chinese desent?

http://www.international-adviser.com/news/1023646/china-market-plunge-economy-risk

The continuing fall in China's stock market puts the country's entire financial system and structural reform agenda at risk, according to Axa Investment Managers and Schroders - See more at: http://www.international-adviser.com/news/1023646/china-market-plunge-economy-risk#sthash.KUdfU3fA.dpuf

Not really.  They will have diversified their wealth quite a lot already

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1452 on: July 08, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »
Obviously Hui Wing Mau is just a name plucked out of the sky (nice one!) but he is a good example on that Forbes rich list that it could effect things... he's seemingly had $1bn wiped off his value since the 2014 list was produced.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/hui-wing-mau/?list=china-billionaires
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1453 on: July 08, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
It could be the be the bloke who owns the WOK YOO LIKE Chinese take away chain.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1454 on: July 08, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »
It could be the be the bloke who owns the WOK YOO LIKE Chinese take away chain.

More likely to be the owners of 'City Wok'  (one for the South Park fans there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujF4bwXb5g

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1455 on: July 09, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »
Jianlin has lost $6.5bn on the stock exchange recently. There goes us being champions league winners in two years time.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
The financial news from China could work both ways I guess

If Chinese investor(s) are about to buy us, they will have likely just lost a fortune on the Chinese stock market. This may well change their approach to us in that they need to be much more cautious?

On the other hand, they may want to transfer as much cash into other more stable economies meaning they may want to invest a bit more............

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1457 on: July 09, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »
Jianlin has lost $6.5bn on the stock exchange recently. There goes us being champions league winners in two years time.
Depends how much he's got left!
Isn't that the equivalent of us losing a fiver down the back of the sofa?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1458 on: July 09, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
Don't know about a fiver to the likes of us, but he's down to his last $32.5 billion now.

Poor lamb, be on the bones of his backside before he knows it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/liyanchen/2015/07/08/chinas-richest-billionaires-lost-195-billion-in-one-month-amid-stock-market-rout/
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1459 on: July 11, 2015, 12:51:49 AM »

He lost 6.5bn? Isn't that most of his money gone, as I thought he was only worth about 9bn
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1460 on: July 11, 2015, 01:28:23 AM »
Reading the article posted, he is worth 32.3 billion dollars, U.S.

6.5 billion dollars has been wiped off his shares, but like all investments in stock markets they can go down as well as up and as long as he holds on to his shares it is only a loss on paper that, nonetheless, must be of concern to him.

The Chinese economy has slowed, but is still in a quite health condition overall compared to the rest of the world and I would hazard a guess that we ALL have something that was made or has its origin in China in our homes or on our drive.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1461 on: July 11, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »
I would be very surprised if this goes through now. At the end of July we will hear Peace say he couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement, the season will be upon us and no new player's will have arrived.

I hope to god i am wrong and that i end up with egg on my face, but we all know about the wily old fox and his way's.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1462 on: July 11, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
I would be very surprised if this goes through now. At the end of July we will hear Peace say he couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement, the season will be upon us and no new player's will have arrived.

I hope to god i am wrong and that i end up with egg on my face, but we all know about the wily old fox and his way's.

What makes you think a deal is unlikely ?

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1463 on: July 11, 2015, 08:07:58 PM »
Not this old chestnut again :)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: July 11, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
Not this old chestnut again :)

Wouldn't be the first or last time the Albion have broke your heart   ;).

lonions

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1465 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
The fact they've gone into exclusivity means a deal has been agreed. The 30 days is for the buyer to conduct a more thorough due diligence.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: July 11, 2015, 10:59:05 PM »
The fact they've gone into exclusivity means a deal has been agreed. The 30 days is for the buyer to conduct a more thorough due diligence.

Don't talk saft remember we are of course only little ole albion

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: July 11, 2015, 11:15:05 PM »
it means a deal has been done in principle, however due diligence enables the purchaser to evaluate all risks and based on that perhaps further price movement.  if the risks are perceived by the buyer to be too great and a price reduction can not be agreed then the buyer can walk away but will probably have to pay a default fee.

At that stage any other interested parties may come back in, unless of course the seller withdraws the offer to sell :D

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1468 on: July 12, 2015, 03:34:09 AM »

I know your comments are based on past experiences but lets just wait and see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks. At the end of July if the situation remains as it is now along with no inspiring signings then JP will be facing some criticism.

For anyone interested I have looked at the up-to-date signings by premierships clubs and so far we are 19th on overall spending on actual fees disclosed and on a player who was part of a relegated team to League One. Only Norwich to date have not purchased a player costing a fee.

http://www.soccernews.com/soccer-transfers/english-premier-league-transfers/

cuckfield1704

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1469 on: July 12, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »
During the close season Norwich have bought Graham Dorrans for £3m

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1470 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
http://eplindex.com/69337/fit-proper-ownership.html

"With West Bromwich Albion set to reveal Wang Jianlin, one of the richest men in China, as their new owner, we take a closer look at past failings."

They believe it's Jianlin  ;D roll on the end of the month

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1471 on: July 12, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »

"With West Bromwich Albion set to reveal Wang Jianlin, one of the richest men in China, as their new owner, we take a closer look at past failings."

They have got about as much of a clue as we have.

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: July 12, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
Might we end up in a red kit then?????

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1473 on: July 12, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
Might we end up in a red kit then?????

We've got a red away kit, I'm sure that will be fine. And I hope Peace would conduct his own due diligence on the new owners so that he knows, or has assurances, that they won't meddle too much
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »

Removed already. Someone's doing their darnedest to keep the wraps on this sale.