Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369648 times)

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1350 on: July 06, 2015, 01:00:41 PM »
Maybe that's why we did it ;-)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1351 on: July 06, 2015, 01:17:03 PM »
I've seen nothing more than circumstantial evidence so far.  We're still at 2+2=5 at the moment.

The description 'Chinese consortium' makes me think it's a group of less wealthy investors.

Would less wealthy investors pay 150m plus for a club and would Peace sell to someone who couldn't move the club forward?

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1352 on: July 06, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »
Steve Madeley said on Twitter to me that Neil Moxley never said Wanda group is behind takeover. Where did people read this. I see the Mirror has still got that Wanda group is looking to buy an English club but they removed the "talking to JP for 4 months" part.

Also the people have removed that part of the article haven't they?

So does this mean it was incorrect information or not yet to be public knowledge information?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1353 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
It could well be the latter, lawsuits and such.

Wanda have been mentioned fro different sources from day 1,  Jianlin said he would make an announcement soon of a sports club he has purchsed that would excite chinese soccer.

Are these sources wrong or are indeed people making five out of two plus two? Who knows.

But IF we have given exclusivity to one consortium, and IF the asking price is £150m then they must have serious cash whoever they are.

The stories about Wanda were published and then withdrew a few weeks ago. After the exclusivity statement by the club on Friday these stories appeared again.
Maybe they thought it was ok to publish them now, only to be threatened with legal action?

A lot of people seem to know what is going on, but are being gagged.

That's how i see it anyway.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1354 on: July 06, 2015, 02:24:25 PM »
Would less wealthy investors pay 150m plus for a club and would Peace sell to someone who couldn't move the club forward?

Yes to the first question and I'd hope not to the second (but if he's had enough and just wants to bank £150mil, who knows)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1355 on: July 06, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
Either they know something and have been leant on by their legal departments or they have been suckered by the same silly internet rumours that have sent Albion fans quiet giddy and are now quietly back tracking to cover their embarrassment.

If I had to bet on either I would go with the latter. I hope fans are not too disappointed when in turns out not to be Wanda. I think it is safe to assume that whoever is the successful bidder is they are quite likely to be very wealthy.     
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1356 on: July 06, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
The silence from Wanda themselves is interesting, unless they are purchasing another club and leaving a red herring.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1357 on: July 06, 2015, 03:08:22 PM »
Why the secrecy anyway? I've never really understood that.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1358 on: July 06, 2015, 06:34:13 PM »
The silence from Wanda themselves is interesting, unless they are purchasing another club and leaving a red herring.

Once it enters the exclusivity stage a confidentiality agreement kicks in I believe.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1359 on: July 06, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
What do you mean?

I've ordered my Messi and Ronaldo home and away tops, starting learning Chinese and put everything I have on Albion winning the prem by 2018.

I'm all in.  ;D

Ha ha like it!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1360 on: July 06, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
Once it enters the exclusivity stage a confidentiality agreement kicks in I believe.

There are certain people who need to know about the deal to facilitate it happening and these people have been told that they face legal action if anything leaks. I would imagine the press are under exactly the same restraints so I would imagine that nothing will be forthcoming from any concrete source for the foreseeable future.
Gera, Gera, Gera

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1361 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »
Not sure what wandas structure is (listed firm etc) but there will be market abuse rules in place preventing unauthorised disclosure - not worth leaking it if doing so will potentially see you end up in jail or smacked with a big fine.  Those involved will be very carefull about what if anything they say publically

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: July 06, 2015, 07:48:14 PM »
The suspense is killing me. Is it him, isn't it him? Whoever it is has to have deep pockets.
Roll on August the 1st as we will know by then (hopefully)..

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1363 on: July 06, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »
Fulham and forest are both also owned by 2 very rich owners who are running then as businesses and not just throwing money at the clubs, our new owners could very well do the same thing
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1364 on: July 06, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
Fulham and forest are both also owned by 2 very rich owners who are running then as businesses and not just throwing money at the clubs, our new owners could very well do the same thing

Not sure Forest are a great example - they have been chasing promotion to the Premier League for a while, sacked plenty of managers, posted losses of over £20million. They failed to meet championship financial fair play rules and were subject to a transfer embargo alongside Leeds and Blackburn after their loses increased by £5million.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1365 on: July 06, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
Not sure Forest are a great example - they have been chasing promotion to the Premier League for a while, sacked plenty of managers, posted losses of over £20million. They failed to meet championship financial fair play rules and were subject to a transfer embargo alongside Leeds and Blackburn after their loses increased by £5million.

Forest are a great example of " be careful what you wish for" !!!!

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1366 on: July 06, 2015, 09:56:05 PM »
If it's not the Dalian Wanda group and therefore Wang Jianlin, wouldn't they dismiss the rumours?

I have to say it's hard to think of much else at the moment. Very exciting and a tad worrying.

My money is on Wang though.

On the subject of Peace- I believe that he will have negotiated the best deal for himself and the club. He will want to be remembered as having done a good job so his farewell is crucial in that respect.

Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1367 on: July 06, 2015, 10:04:52 PM »
There are certain people who need to know about the deal to facilitate it happening and these people have been told that they face legal action if anything leaks. I would imagine the press are under exactly the same restraints so I would imagine that nothing will be forthcoming from any concrete source for the foreseeable future.

Sorry but what restraints are the media under?

The Secrecy agreement can only be legally applied to parties involved in the transaction...
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1368 on: July 06, 2015, 10:13:53 PM »
A couple of people who usually have v decent information in the past on other boards that I trust have said its not Dalian / Jianlin. I guess its a wait and see, I hope it gets done sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:17:28 PM by addy »

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1369 on: July 06, 2015, 10:24:58 PM »
I would assume that someone has asked the group to comment on the rumours.

Of course they would decline if it is them and I can't think of a reason why this hasn't happened if they are not the buyer.
Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1370 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:25 AM »
Sorry but what restraints are the media under?

The Secrecy agreement can only be legally applied to parties involved in the transaction...

I totally agree with you Aixelsyd, there are stories in the press everyday that are based upon speculation and rumour. I can't see stories based on speculation and rumour being sustainable grounds for legal action as the court case lists would be full everyday.

The Financial Times carry lots of stories of merges, takeover, et al every day without legal implications, so what's the difference in our cass?

I don't know who the new owner will be, assuming that is an agreement is reached to sell and buy, and I understand all the excitement the speculation and rumours of the richest man in China Taking us over, our club,  however, fans will operate  on a  expectation continuum of pessimistic to the ridiculesly optimistic when somewhere along the centre of the continuum is the correct expectation level. But wherever you are on that continuum enjoy it while you can you may be pleasantly surprised or very disappointed, but that is par for the course in the life of an Baggies Fan
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1371 on: July 07, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
I know there are a couple of threads on the takeover but I'm interested to see how many people are for/against it.

I know it's slightly subjective at the moment as we don't know the exact details or the proposed takeover, but based on what we know today do you want us to be taken over by the supposed Chinese group or would you prefer things to stay as they are?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1372 on: July 07, 2015, 08:41:37 AM »
I'm happy with how we are. One of the last few Premier League clubs with a British owner who have no financial worries.

Better the devil you know.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1373 on: July 07, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
Remember Randy Lerner is a billionaire and they've got worse under him. Money doesn't make you an overnight success. You need to do smart business, which we have for the last decade.

If the new owners are as careful but can pick up some of the bigger names we've narrowly missed out on in the past we could be on a steady rise. But then they could buy garbage over the odds.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1374 on: July 07, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »
I have gone yes. We have done remarkably well to have rebuilt ourselves from the ruins that we were 20 years ago, without the help of a sugar daddy.
But as we are we will always be the poor guys in the transfer market, which is why we employed the likes of Ashworth.

I am realistic, and don't expect a new owner to push us into the top six, those clubs will always have a monopoly on signings, but it would be nice to compete with mid table sides for decent players.

Even if we don't get a new owner, we will still be one of the top 40 richest clubs on the planet. That is due to our own efforts and no one elses,and that is a record to be proud of.

But it would be nice now to have a bit of a leg up.We owe no one anything.