Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369583 times)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #1000 on: July 02, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »
Our average attendance is one of the lowest in the league because under Peace the ground has become smaller.
Our commercial income is one of the lowest in the league because Peace has not got the nous to sell the club to the public.
Our brand recognition is one of the lowest in the league because Peace puts Albion out to play in unrecognisable strips instead of listening to the fans preferred choice.
Football is all about money now,...damn right it is and Peace refuses to pay realistic prices for decent players,frustrating managers in the process. The reason we need a rich investor,or even an investor that spends money on players instead of shares.
Simply holding onto a place in the premier league is an achievement in itself.
Bloody hell,he's even got you thinking like him now.

Keep aiming low and you will never be disillusioned, but you will never taste ecstacy either.

-6th consecutive Premier League season, which include 8th, 10th and 11th place finishes.

-State of the art training ground.

-Category 1 Academy Status, thought to be one of the best in the country (5th best   provider of England youth players).

-Huge developments and investment made into an extensive scouting network, medical department and video and statistical analysis.

-No debt.

-Average attendance figure during Peace's entire tenure: 24,519.  Average attendance for the 5 years before Peace's tenure: 16,879.

-Competitive wages, Ba reportedly offered a 3 year contract worth £70,000 a week. 
'Albion’s wages have increased 10-fold in the 12 years that Peace has been in charge. “The top-paid player was on £4,500 a week in the Championship at that time, and that was big for us then.’’ Now Albion’s best-paid player is on £50,000 a week'
(Jeremy Peace interview with Henry Winter, Daily Telegraph, October 2014)

- Competitive season ticket pricing (ranked 3rd cheapest Premier League season ticket 2014/15).

-Commercial and sporting partnerships developed in India.

-The creator of the loan to permanent deal, initially developed by Peace to redirect tax into the following financial year, now common place in football.  Flex down contracts, another innovative concept formulated by Peace, now common place in football.

-New £2M shirt sponsorship deal.

I could go on and on, he has has done a phenomenal job in my eyes.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:29:38 AM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1001 on: July 03, 2015, 04:42:15 AM »
-6th consecutive Premier League season, which include 8th, 10th and 11th place finishes.

-Category 1 Academy Status, thought to be one of the best in the country (5th best   provider of England youth players).

-Huge developments and investment made into an extensive scouting network, medical department and video and statistical analysis.

-No debt.

-Average attendance figure during Peace's entire tenure: 24,519.  Average attendance for the 5 years before Peace's tenure: 16,879.

-Competitive wages, Ba reportedly offered a 3 year contract worth £70,000 a week. 
'Albion’s wages have increased 10-fold in the 12 years that Peace has been in charge. “The top-paid player was on £4,500 a week in the Championship at that time, and that was big for us then.’’ Now Albion’s best-paid player is on £50,000 a week'

- Competitive season ticket pricing (ranked 3rd cheapest Premier League season ticket 2014/15).

-The creator of the loan to permanent deal, initially developed by Peace to redirect tax into the following financial year, now common place in football.  Flex down contracts, another innovative concept formulated by Peace, now common place in football.

You are spot on, he has done a phenomenal job, and will be recognised by most as having done so, but only when he has gone unfortunately.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1002 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
John Percy still feels there will be announcement regarding the takeover will be happening soon.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1003 on: July 03, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »

-No debt.

spot on ... and more to the point you have saved me the effort or responding to this uneducated and bias drivel

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1004 on: July 03, 2015, 06:51:59 AM »
Hopefully we hear something today  :) good news Friday.

Sarniabaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1005 on: July 03, 2015, 07:49:11 AM »

-No debt.

Phenomenal indeed, as 'iwasthere' says, it is when/if has gone that people might look back and realise the depth of the mans contribution.

We may never be so fortunate again, should a foreign investor arrive and tire of his plaything.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1006 on: July 03, 2015, 08:03:07 AM »

-No debt.

Lock the thread, there's your winner. Undoubtedly though, we'll get another obscure stick to beat JP with now you've proved some wrong; I'm guessing 'he can't be blue and white as he's never down the Sportsman before games' with an unhealthy dose of 'he said we were a mid table championship club' thrown in for good measure.

Anyway Signor, you've pretty much nailed it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:56:21 AM by OldburyWBA »

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: July 03, 2015, 08:09:10 AM »
spot on ... and more to the point you have saved me the effort or responding to this uneducated and bias drivel

Thank you, totally agree, the facts speak for themselves rather than biased, jealous, ill informed, rumour driven, conspiracy and , personal agenda, spouted on this thread
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:11:30 AM by halifax_baggie »

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1008 on: July 03, 2015, 09:01:26 AM »
John Percy still feels there will be announcement regarding the takeover will be happening soon.

Got a link?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1009 on: July 03, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »
People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. But sometimes, the truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it.

I for one will be sorry to see JP leave, although I acknowledge its probably time for change if the club is to progress.

IMHO, JP is a modern day equivalent to Fred Everiss in what he has done and achieved for West Bromwich Albion FC. as Signor_Maresca has summed up so concisely.

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: July 03, 2015, 09:08:58 AM »
Got a link?

No , someone on Twitter this morningasked him if he still feels there will be an announcement soon although 48 hours have passed, and he replied 'yes' although I've just looked and it seems he's deleted the comment.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1011 on: July 03, 2015, 09:12:06 AM »
No , someone on Twitter this morningasked him if he still feels there will be an announcement soon although 48 hours have passed, and he replied 'yes' although I've just looked and it seems he's deleted the comment.

I see ok, yes I looked but couldn't see anything. Interesting anyway thanks.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:09 AM »
I have heard from someone i know within the game that JP staying on is a strong possibility.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1013 on: July 03, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
I have heard from someone i know within the game that JP staying on is a strong possibility.
Better the devil you know is an old saying. Yes someone can come in with millions and millions of pounds and say they are going to do this, that and the other, then ruin our club.

In other words it will not be the end of the world if JP stays.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »

And I pray that’s the case, I really don’t think a foreign owner is worth the gamble. We won’t be a Man City. We won’t be a Chelsea, simple. However there is a high probability we could into a QPR, Blues, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham or Blackpool – the evidence is there. Stability over volatility

jwilkes90

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1015 on: July 03, 2015, 09:44:10 AM »
It's happening

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1016 on: July 03, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »
It's happening
How do you know this?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Welsh_Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: July 03, 2015, 10:00:19 AM »
And I pray that’s the case, I really don’t think a foreign owner is worth the gamble. We won’t be a Man City. We won’t be a Chelsea, simple. However there is a high probability we could into a QPR, Blues, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Fulham or Blackpool – the evidence is there. Stability over volatility

I used to believe this but i'm 36 years old and the highlights of supporting Albion have been winning the play-offs against Port Vale, The Great Escape, a few promotions and winning the Championship.  I would swap another 30 years of survival for a few good seasons followed by returning to the Championship.  What's the point if we never win anything???  I'd love a cup win and some European football for a few years even if it meant going down afterwards.  Some older fans don't quite understand this as they have seen European football at the Hawthorns and celebrated cup success. If we don't have a big investment and act a little reckless I doubt i'll see it in my lifetime.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1018 on: July 03, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
It's happening

I am made to believe the same
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1019 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:35 AM »
Bill howell has said on Twitter an announcement will be made at 10:30
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:52 AM »

I am made to believe the same
Bill Howell says announcement at 10:30

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1021 on: July 03, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »
Bill howell has said on Twitter an announcement will be made at 10:30

to be fair if it was big sky would be covering i am sure. JP for me is here to stay
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: July 03, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »

to be fair if it was big sky would be covering i am sure. JP for me is here to stay
John Percy did say the statement was clarifying the short term future, so could easily be an extension of the deadline.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1023 on: July 03, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »
JP is staying on.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1024 on: July 03, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »
"James Nursey
‏@JamesNursey
#WBA ownership statement at 10.30. Reported previously in promising talks with Chinese group. Likely next step? exclusivity agreement"

https://twitter.com/JamesNursey/status/616897960245338113