Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369557 times)

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #975 on: July 02, 2015, 09:09:43 PM »
Are you saying I'm not a West Brom fan?
This season will be my 58th....
And no matter how good a job you think that he has done, he certainly has not earned the enormous fortune he will take from our club.
Tell me what have we won during his tenure. Nothing.
I wonder how much you think he would deserve if we had been successful.

On the other hand we won f*ck all the 20 previous years. In fact we were close to financial disaster. your point about whatever he makes from this proposed sale hold no water, Why? because like it or not it is his club. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:20:58 PM by LongBridge Baggie1 »

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #976 on: July 02, 2015, 09:10:59 PM »
I've heard that it's chinese which seems to be common knowledge and that the new owner does have a lot of money. Not wang jianlin however

I just don't get then why does the club take so long to announce something?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #977 on: July 02, 2015, 09:14:17 PM »
And no matter how good a job you think that he has done, he certainly has not earned the enormous fortune he will take from our club.
He literally has earned every penny he's made...it's all his.

Call him 'smart', call him 'ruthless' or whatever, he's earned everything by himself, using whatever methods possible. To say he hasn't earned it is stupid...

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #978 on: July 02, 2015, 09:17:00 PM »
I just don't get then why does the club take so long to announce something?
Ratification probably by the Premier League. Fit and proper test, etc

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #979 on: July 02, 2015, 09:24:43 PM »
I was responding to a comment that Peace should stay in a Director capacity, I'm sorry but your comments are irrelevant to my response.

Yes they are. Equally, I could have quoted your other posts on the matter.

You labelled him an opportunistic accountant and I have listed several of his achievements which shows him to be a bit more than an opportunistic accountant don't you think?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #980 on: July 02, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

No I'm not saying that at all mate, I'm saying your agenda with him looks to me that you are totally forgetting that he has been a successful chairman. Can you honestly say he hasn't been???

Yes he has made money along the way but as long as we have been successful as a club why should we care?

If we were languishing at the bottom of the championship for years and he was still making a fortune I wouldn't be happy but he has given us our most successful period for nearly 3 decades

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #981 on: July 02, 2015, 09:45:17 PM »
Has he gone yet?  :D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #982 on: July 02, 2015, 10:01:15 PM »
Some people here seem to be labouring under the delusion that we are a big club. We are not (in Premier League terms.) Our average attendance is one of the lowest in the league. Our commercial income is one of the lowest in the league. Our brand recognition is one of the lowest in the league. It's really not helpful to bang on about our history, or the trophies we won 50 years ago or more. Football has changed, and it's now all about money - something our club has never had a lot of. Simply holding our own in the Premier League is an achievement.

For those hoping for a foreign billionaire to come in and splash the cash, realistically, how often does that work? How's that working out for Blackburn, or Cardiff, or Birmingham? The fact is that 7th is realistically the best we can hope to achieve in the Premier League - and I hate that about modern football.

Our average attendance is one of the lowest in the league because under Peace the ground has become smaller.
Our commercial income is one of the lowest in the league because Peace has not got the nous to sell the club to the public.
Our brand recognition is one of the lowest in the league because Peace puts Albion out to play in unrecognisable strips instead of listening to the fans preferred choice.
Football is all about money now,...damn right it is and Peace refuses to pay realistic prices for decent players,frustrating managers in the process. The reason we need a rich investor,or even an investor that spends money on players instead of shares.
Simply holding onto a place in the premier league is an achievement in itself.
Bloody hell,he's even got you thinking like him now.

Keep aiming low and you will never be disillusioned, but you will never taste ecstacy either.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #983 on: July 02, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
Our average attendance is one of the lowest in the league because under Peace the ground has become smaller.
Our commercial income is one of the lowest in the league because Peace has not got the nous to sell the club to the public.
Our brand recognition is one of the lowest in the league because Peace puts Albion out to play in unrecognisable strips instead of listening to the fans preferred choice.
Football is all about money now,...damn right it is and Peace refuses to pay realistic prices for decent players,frustrating managers in the process. The reason we need a rich investor,or even an investor that spends money on players instead of shares.
Simply holding onto a place in the premier league is an achievement in itself.
Bloody hell,he's even got you thinking like him now.

Keep aiming low and you will never be disillusioned, but you will never taste ecstacy either.

Oh my god I really do despair... I give up I really do

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #984 on: July 02, 2015, 10:23:53 PM »
Some of these posts cannot be serious surely  ;D

Gives you a laugh after a rubbish day at work though
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #985 on: July 02, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
I actually think a Chinese buyer either rich or not would be better for us than an American or Aussie one. Football and especially the premier league is very big in Asia, and both our commercial income and brand would become truly global. especially with us being the first British club to tour China.

But i don't believe Peace has any intention of selling while we are in the prem,which is why he set such an high price. His is amking a lot of money out of us.

The quotes i have read about the asking price is what i saw in the E&S, £150m to £200m depending on whatt division we were in, so nearer to £200m at present IF you can believe  all you read.
Of course when he does sell it will be for an undisclosed fee, the same as all of his dealings.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #986 on: July 02, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »
Oh my god I really do despair... I give up I really do

I love a well thought out and reasoned response.  :P

Anyway i'm off to bed,perhaps we will hear an announcement tomorrow, or in the next 48 hours, or next week...or maybe never.

Will the last one reading this thread remember to turn the light off please?  ;)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #987 on: July 02, 2015, 10:33:04 PM »
He aint going .... another con trick I think.
Two days after his deadline and no sign of an announcement.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #988 on: July 02, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »
He aint going .... another con trick I think.
Two days after his deadline and no sign of an announcement.

I think if there was no takeover, we would have known by now. I am going to assume we are in the very final stages of a takeover. I might be wrong though.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #989 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:01 PM »
Does anyone think it could be an investor with peace staying on as chairmen having split his control?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #990 on: July 02, 2015, 10:51:59 PM »
I've heard that it's chinese which seems to be common knowledge and that the new owner does have a lot of money. Not wang jianlin however

You haven't heard anything. Nobody has. Just in the same way that you had no clue about the Ba transfer or any other that you make out to have inside info. Stop winding the more gullible members of this forum up, it's getting boring now.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #991 on: July 02, 2015, 11:15:31 PM »
You haven't heard anything. Nobody has. Just in the same way that you had no clue about the Ba transfer or any other that you make out to have inside info. Stop winding the more gullible members of this forum up, it's getting boring now.

I'm glad someone has finally put this guy in his place, it's gets so boring reading his pretend 'ITK' drivel.
"This crack is really moreish."

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #992 on: July 02, 2015, 11:24:18 PM »
I'm glad someone has finally put this guy in his place, it's gets so boring reading his pretend 'ITK' drivel.

I have to agree. Dont get me wrong I share bits and pieces I hear every now and then but it is a rarity and in good faith. No disrespect to baggie96 but if I'm not mistaken I believe none of the stuff he has apparently heard has worked out to be true. The fact of the matter is this is a very private thing between a seller and a consortium who will want to keep their identity secret until a deal is done Atleast. I am slightly Dissapointed it hasn't turned out to be true regarding a statement from the club as John Percy is usually very reliable but I suppose it's not the first time journalists have been incorrect and it wont be the last time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:26:06 PM by baggie38 »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #993 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:06 PM »

Anyway i'm off to bed,perhaps we will hear an announcement tomorrow, or in the next 48 hours, or next week...or maybe never.

Will the last one reading this thread remember to turn the light off please?  ;)
I would do...but I can't find the bloody switch. ::)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #994 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:37 PM »
I'm just wondering if Jeremy Peace has met his match in terms of negotiations.

Wondering whether our prospective new man has thrown in a curve ball at the last minute to drive the price down and maximise his potential investment.

You know, throw him off balance a little just when he thinks everything has gone his way.
Definitely not ITK, just a random thought.
 ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #995 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:21 PM »

Well I hope you rest easy and wake up tomorrow with some common sense instead of the blinkered view you have ;)

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #996 on: July 02, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »
I think if there was no takeover, we would have known by now. I am going to assume we are in the very final stages of a takeover. I might be wrong though.

Is it really that easy to keep the sale of a business worth over 100m quiet? I'd have thought something like that would be extremely difficult to keep under wraps. An awful lot of work, and an awful lot of people would be involved in such a sale. Usually when you see clubs sold the sellers have been rumoured weeks if not months in advance.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #997 on: July 02, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »
I'm just wondering if Jeremy Peace has met his match in terms of negotiations.

Wondering whether our prospective new man has thrown in a curve ball at the last minute to drive the price down and maximise his potential investment.

You know, throw him off balance a little just when he thinks everything has gone his way.
Definitely not ITK, just a random thought.
 ;).

The Chinese businessmen I've met are very shrewd negotiators, they will not do a deal unless they know you and you earn their respect, hard negotiations with no wriggle room are not the way to go. I hope Peace isn't being intransigent

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #998 on: July 02, 2015, 11:44:20 PM »
Is it really that easy to keep the sale of a business worth over 100m quiet? I'd have thought something like that would be extremely difficult to keep under wraps. An awful lot of work, and an awful lot of people would be involved in such a sale. Usually when you see clubs sold the sellers have been rumoured weeks if not months in advance.

Depends I guess. I mean if they sign and break the NDA you could be basically ruined for life.

I am not sure that much people will be actively working on it, and the people/small team that are, are used to doing it. They would have likely done much bigger deals during their careers.

I am not sure thought really just guessing. I honestly don't know how it works.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #999 on: July 02, 2015, 11:45:47 PM »
The Chinese businessmen I've met are very shrewd negotiators, they will not do a deal unless they know you and you earn their respect, hard negotiations with no wriggle room are not the way to go. I hope Peace isn't being intransigent

Interesting insight, thank you.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.