Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369606 times)

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #700 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
I do agree although I feel if wang jianlin was involved in 1979 taking us to China then it could be likely he would be interested in the baggies instead

He had nothing to do with us going to China. That is 100% fAcT.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #701 on: June 26, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
Where's this 'the owner will have their own sponsor on the shirt' come from? Not many teams have that at all.

Indeed. Albion have also been whoring the shirt sponsorship out desperately too. So just think that it's a coincidence.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #702 on: June 26, 2015, 11:26:48 AM »
He had nothing to do with us going to China. That is 100% fAcT.

Others said he may have? Who knows

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #703 on: June 26, 2015, 11:41:40 AM »
further to add the club are NOT ALLOWED to comment on any potential buyer or acquisition while negotiations are in progress.  This is actually a breach for quoted companies and the penalty can be a prison sentence. 

If negotiations are advanced etc. then a confidentiality agreement would have also been signed.  so why doesn't every one who is getting so het up Chill the F out relax the teams are only returning to pre-season next week and various players contracts do not actually either end or move in to the next year until the 30th June.....so why on earth do people expect a influx of player to have arrived in time for Monday...

Really I have said it before and I will say it again..

the biggest problem with Fans is that since the emergency of Football manager and championship manager they think they have become educated in to the ways in which clubs are run and how easy it is to sign players, this has allowed them to become "keyboard warriors" and bring the whole mood of forums like this down... I really do despair for some people

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #704 on: June 26, 2015, 11:47:13 AM »
I hope we would have been informed by now, considering the deadline JP set, if a takeover wasnt imminent.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
I thought that vile had signed an exclusivity agreement to negotiate with the yank?  I don't remember hearing that it had been cancelled.  So, they can't be talking to the Chinese.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »
I thought that vile had signed an exclusivity agreement to negotiate with the yank?  I don't remember hearing that it had been cancelled.  So, they can't be talking to the Chinese.

They've signed an exclusivity agreement with someone; don't remember it being confirmed as the US interest. For what its worth my view is that the US interest is the most likely party to have been granted exclusivity, given the Quickbooks tie up and Lerner's US background - though that's just speculation on my part. 

The Wang Jianlin link to us is a case of 2+2 =5 at the moment. i.e. he's about to announce significant sporting/footballing investment in europe (2) + we've been talking to a chinese interest (2) = chinese billionaire is our buyer (5)

As A5HB pointed out , there's more than one wealthy person in China.

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »
Others said he may have? Who knows

Nope.

It comes from this story:
http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2015-01/22/content_34624363.htm

Which clearly says that Stephen Perry was involved in the trip.

The real reason Albion ended up going was that the England team pulled out after the embarrassment of not qualifying for the 1978 world cup. Bert Millichip's mutual connection the FA and Albion ensured that Albion filled in.

It just seems that people have read that article wrong.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
I posted a link to an article somewhere earlier on this thread, pointing out how unlikely it was that Wang Jianlin had anything to do with organising the Chinese tour.

This was based on him serving in the Peoples Liberation Army between 1970 and 1988.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »
Reading that started a mad train of thought in my head,
Mr Jianling now owns Sunseeker, maker of luxury yachts,

I can just imagine a fleet of luxury junks moored below halfords lane bridge waiting to waft visiting dignatories on a voyage of discovery around Tipton, The Soho loop and Smethwick !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #710 on: June 26, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
Baggies Barge eat your heart out.
 :).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #711 on: June 26, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
This time of year we see who is in the 'glass is half full' camp and who is in the 'glass is half empty but either way it's not been washed properly, there's p*ss in the glass and someone's poured bleach into it' camp.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #712 on: June 26, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »
I have been involved in 'takeover talks' in years gone by but on a much smaller scale to the current one at the Albion. I had to sign the confidentiality agreement and was warned of instant dismissal for 'gross misconduct', if I uttered a word! Its hardly surprising we have had no leaks from anyone ITK.  Have patience I am sure we will know in a week. It may be a bad analogy but as far as JP is concerned he does not have to inform supporters whats happening, just because you might drink a bottle of coke every day doesnt give you any more right to know whats going on if Coco cola are being taken over! 

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #713 on: June 26, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »

I can just imagine a fleet of luxury junks moored below halfords lane bridge waiting to waft visiting dignatories on a voyage of discovery around Tipton, The Soho loop and Smethwick !!

A new range of Sunseeker luxury barges on the Dudley canal maybe!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #714 on: June 26, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »
What a ridiculous post. Calm down!

What part of it is not true?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »

Most of it apart from Mulumbu leaving.

How do you now we don't have a sponsor lined up, How do you know we don't have a buyer lined up, The Ben Reeves link is/was just a RUMOUR as was the supposed interest in a real Madrid kid.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #716 on: June 26, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
The only part probably not true is Jezza fooling us all because he ain't fooled me.

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #717 on: June 26, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
The only part probably not true is Jezza fooling us all because he ain't fooled me.
Oh dear, the club is a shambles, isnt it................
Don't call me Walt

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #718 on: June 26, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »

He didn't call you a liar, he said you were being ridiculous and need to calm down.

I was accused of being premature and told to chill in my earlier thread. But i have been a baggie too long.
Here we are almost July, no buyer, no sponsor, Mulumbu gone, no Real Madrid starlet.
Instead we have James McClean, and are trying to land a player from MK Dons who they got as a free.
You couldn't make it up.

Well done Jezza, fooled us all again.

We have people interested in the club. We have buyers. They haven't signed off on the deal yet. So calm down.

We went two seasons without a sponsor, why do we NEED to have one in July? Are you really worried about us not having some letters and maybe a picture on our shirts? It doesn't matter, so calm down.

Mulumbu's contract ran down and he's left. Didn't feature much last season and not the lynchpin he used to be. Adequate cover in his position, so calm down.

The Real Madrid 'starlet' in question plays in the Spanish equivalent of league one. Some Spanish newspaper mentioned him weeks ago and you're still mad? Not sure why not signing a Real Madrid reserves player causes you so much panic, so calm down.

Again I seriously worry how everything you read becomes gospel. Angry we haven't signed an unknown South American lad and angry an MK Dons player has been mentioned in the same breath as us by someone on twitter. It's 95% garbage, so calm down.

You can make it up, because it is made up.

Where is ANY of what you've said anything to do with Peace?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: June 26, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »
Oh dear, the club is a shambles, isnt it................

Peace had done well for the club,admittedly, and he also has done well for himself out of the club at little expense from his own pocket. Who bought the Astle Gates?

Should we be impressed by his achievements? Yes, without a doubt, he is a very astute businessman who has put the club on a sound financial footing.

But i think he reacts better to fans showing signs of discontent, and his reactions following crowds becoming restless with him have been positive for our club rather than when we are passive.

He more than likely reads this board to see what fans expectations are. As long as we all keep saying, relax it's only June,relax it's only July,relax it's only August,relax we still have two days of the window left, he probably thinks our expectations are low and a 17th or 18th finishing position would make us all happy.

I think he is probably right. :(

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #720 on: June 26, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »
He didn't call you a liar, he said you were being ridiculous and need to calm down.

I was accused of being premature and told to chill in my earlier thread. But i have been a baggie too long.
Here we are almost July, no buyer, no sponsor, Mulumbu gone, no Real Madrid starlet.
Instead we have James McClean, and are trying to land a player from MK Dons who they got as a free.
You couldn't make it up.

Well done Jezza, fooled us all again.

We have people interested in the club. We have buyers. They haven't signed off on the deal yet. So calm down.

We went two seasons without a sponsor, why do we NEED to have one in July? Are you really worried about us not having some letters and maybe a picture on our shirts? It doesn't matter, so calm down.

Mulumbu's contract ran down and he's left. Didn't feature much last season and not the lynchpin he used to be. Adequate cover in his position, so calm down.

The Real Madrid 'starlet' in question plays in the Spanish equivalent of league one. Some Spanish newspaper mentioned him weeks ago and you're still mad? Not sure why not signing a Real Madrid reserves player causes you so much panic, so calm down.

Again I seriously worry how everything you read becomes gospel. Angry we haven't signed an unknown South American lad and angry an MK Dons player has been mentioned in the same breath as us by someone on twitter. It's 95% garbage, so calm down.

You can make it up, because it is made up.

Where is ANY of what you've said anything to do with Peace?

I never said he called me a liar, i try not to get personal with other Albion fans,unlike some of you on here. He said the post was ridiculous and i merely asked what part of it was not true?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #721 on: June 26, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »

They build them in Poole, TP lives in Poole, whoooooo! :-\ ;D
Baggie in Southampton

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #722 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:22 PM »
I never said he called me a liar, i try not to get personal with other Albion fans,unlike some of you on here. He said the post was ridiculous and i merely asked what part of it was not true?

It was more the 'tell me which part isn't true' bit that seemed a little odd. He was saying calm down, I took the time to elaborate as to why you needn't get so drunk off over nothing. In my eyes it seemed like you were suggesting he thought you weren't being truthful, so apologies for making you feel that's what my main point was - really wasn't.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #723 on: June 26, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
No need to apologise PsalmXX111, we are all baggies and we are all passionate about our club.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #724 on: June 28, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »
I know someone at the club and even the people itk in the club know nothing.
The only thing they would say to me about it all was 'money' and that albion have a lot of money. But I suppose it is relative
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son