Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2380329 times)

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3975 on: August 10, 2016, 07:13:17 AM »
When he was taking pictures with squad there was no berahino  :o

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3976 on: August 10, 2016, 07:20:44 AM »
Saido is on a slow boat to China !!

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3977 on: August 10, 2016, 07:46:21 AM »
Is he officially the smallest chairman in the Prem?
He looks like he could walk under a bog door with a top hat on

Wearing heels

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3978 on: August 10, 2016, 08:17:14 AM »
Wearing heels

On stilts - did you hi next to Olsson!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3979 on: August 10, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
And you think this will impact on the Albion?

I imagine there are thousands of relations between us and the chinese, this has just become a highprofile balls up, nothing more.

I think it could yes, if relationships between UK & China are soured because of a decision to pull out of Hinckley Point, than they'd be soured at every level. Lai wants to use us to showcase football in China, that's football, not necessarily English Football.

AND the acquisition hasn't been ratified yet (as of yesterday), which is probably why we haven't spent any money yet.

Lai enjoys first day at Albion

PUBLISHED
16:00 9th August 2016
And skipper Fletcher praises Lai's enthusiasm

GUOCHUAN Lai described his first day at Albion as "exceeding all his expectations" after a whirlwind tour of the Club.

The 42-year-old Chinese entrepreneur, who will become Albion's new owner when his deal with former Chairman Jeremy Peace is approved by he Financial Conduct Authority and the Premier League, toured both the training ground and The Hawthorns.

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/guochuan-lai-described-his-first-day-at-albion-as-exceeding-all-his-expectations-after-a-whirlwind-tour-of-the-hawthorns-3236377.aspx#t6uzkYvCh4o9Xf60.99
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3980 on: August 10, 2016, 08:27:20 AM »
Stop going on about Hinckley point its 1 programme on the BBC that few people watch it won`t impact on the Albion to me its only scare mongering this takeover has happened and will be ratified. That's just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:03:09 AM by pollard13 »

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3981 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:07 AM »
Mr Lai looks like the Chinese version of Frank Skinner.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3982 on: August 10, 2016, 08:55:29 AM »
Does anyone know how long the ratification process takes

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3983 on: August 10, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »
Cannot see Hinckley Point having any impact whatsoever on the Albion deal. Its a business/trade deal between two countries and if May wants to have another look then she is perfectly within her right to do so. I am quite sure that diplomacy will prevail. If China have said adverse things about our 'relationship' then it will be directed towards international trade

Of course we could always hit back by boycotting our local Chinese takeaways....... and we all know that's not going to happen!

MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3985 on: August 10, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
Stop going on about Hinckley point its 1 programme on the BBC that few people watch it won`t impact on the Albion to me its only scare mongering this takeover has happened and will be ratified. That's just my opinion though.

Do you know what Hinkley Point is?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3986 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
This is also interesting

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2016/08/10/west-brom-takeover-calls-for-delay-over-unfair-treatment-of-shareholders/

Can't see this holding up the deal. Like it or not Lai has negotiated a deal to purchase Peace's shares. It is now up to the smaller shareholders to attempt to negotiate deals themselves if they wish to sell.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3987 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:55 AM »
Cannot see Hinckley Point having any impact whatsoever on the Albion deal. Its a business/trade deal between two countries and if May wants to have another look then she is perfectly within her right to do so. I am quite sure that diplomacy will prevail. If China have said adverse things about our 'relationship' then it will be directed towards international trade

Of course we could always hit back by boycotting our local Chinese takeaways....... and we all know that's not going to happen!

Don't know if you've ever dealt with the Chinese, but honour is really important to them & any pull out by us, in the Hinkley point deal will be viewed in China as dishonourable. What the consquenses of that will be to WBA, I don't know? but I suspect not good.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3988 on: August 10, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »
Until Hinkley Point is definitely affecting the club/takeover please refrain from posting about it in the takeover thread. If you wish to discuss it then the news thread in the off topic section is where you need to be. Cheers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:08:48 AM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3989 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »
Can't see this holding up the deal. Like it or not Lai has negotiated a deal to purchase Peace's shares. It is now up to the smaller shareholders to attempt to negotiate deals themselves if they wish to sell.

I'm not sure Jacko, like you, I thought Lai had bought JP's 88% & the other shareholders would be given a similar offer, but according other posters, S4A might be forced to sell under international acquisition laws, so that Lai gets 100%. In any event, I can't see us pushing any buttons on players until the deal is ratified, so the sooner the better.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3990 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »
So sentimental owners of shares are wanting to hold up the deal so that they can get a better deal for themselves.

im flabbergasted by that, last thing we need with the season upon us is a hold up with the takeover and therefore a hold up with transfers

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3991 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:55 AM »
So sentimental owners of shares are wanting to hold up the deal so that they can get a better deal for themselves.

im flabbergasted by that, last thing we need with the season upon us is a hold up with the takeover and therefore a hold up with transfers

That's what I though. Wonder how much the shares were worth originally
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3992 on: August 10, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »
So when it comes to it the money matters more than the sentiment. Disgraceful thing they are trying to do

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3993 on: August 10, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

Lai has no obligation to make them an offer nor did Peace have to consult them when selling his 88%. They're a bunch of self important twats who would sooner see us relegated than move with the times, all for the sake of being able to call themselves shareholders.

It's alright when it's someone elses money they're spending but when it's their own their sending letters to the Premier League, cryarses.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3994 on: August 10, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
So when it comes to it the money matters more than the sentiment. Disgraceful thing they are trying to do
didn't invest in share option but if peace can make money on his shares why not the small share holder?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3995 on: August 10, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »

My mates got one share, he reckon hes worth 20k :o

but you are right its most likely going to hamper our season
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:04:38 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3996 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
didn't invest in share option but if peace can make money on his shares why not the small share holder?

They can, they'll just have to negotiate their own deal. Same as Peace did, just so happens he owned 88% of them. Not just one or two for the sake of being able to tell his mates he was a shareholder.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3997 on: August 10, 2016, 10:05:49 AM »

Im pretty sure they can make money on the shares, but the point remains that Lai is under no obligation to purchase them or make them an offer so unless someone wants to buy them then they have no authority to hold up the takeover or the ratification process whatsoever.

It just smacks of hey we want money aswell.....

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3998 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »
I find the shareholders story a little surprising - as a shareholder who goes to the S4A meetings, the general consensus was to keep our shares. Under business acquisition and shareholdings regulations, should Mr. Lai get 90% of the shareholdings of the club, there would be a mandatory sale of all other shares to him, at the same per-share value he purchased 88% of them from Peace. This would mean that everyone would get the £15,000+ they'd be worth. The vast majority of people I know through S4A bought the shares for sentimental value and the comments of some of the higher ups in that article I find a little unfair - there had been mentions of protecting investments but not to the scale that they seem to be expressing in the article.

In fact for many years S4A's primary aim was to give the smaller shareholders the opportunity to group together and communicate properly in order to PREVENT the mandatory sale of our shares to Peace, and I witness people sell shares within the groups so that those who wanted to cash in could sell to another small shareholder and not lose the shares to Peace or others - so to do a complete U-turn and complain we're not being offered anything is a little contradictory. Very confused as to how there's been a sudden flip-flop.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3999 on: August 10, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
I don`t mind the shareholders trying to get there money of the shares what does annoy me is taking the club to task over them. Stop the fit and proper until we've had our say DONT THEY realise they the ones  holding the club back by trying to tell the FA that they can`t sanction our takeover. STOP being such mindless buffoons and let the club get on with trying to keep us in the PREMIERSHIP .