Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2352812 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #8225 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:20 PM »
The Newcastle job is simple just keep them in the Premier League long enough for them to be sold. Bruce is as good as many and in reality Benetiz is hardly an exponent of free flowing football so there is no real change there but I still feel they should have gone to the God father of the grind and get Pulis.

Didn't realise you disliked Newcastle that much?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8226 on: July 11, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
Didn't realise you disliked Newcastle that much?

Not really but nothing says survival is everything more than employing Pulis and we should know.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8227 on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:53 PM »
Brighton
Narwich
Villa
Blades.  Bottom
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8228 on: July 11, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »
Brighton
Narwich
Villa
Blades.  Bottom

I don’t think Villa will be in any trouble personally.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8229 on: July 11, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
Read that Big Sam turned the Toon down
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8230 on: July 11, 2019, 10:10:38 PM »
Read that Big Sam turned the Toon down

They dodged a bullet there then!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8231 on: July 11, 2019, 10:38:33 PM »
They dodged a bullet there then!
Man is an idiot, he was on talkshite this morning , Steve Harrison said that Phillip cocu had gone to Derby and that toon should look to someone like him, not the usual round the block
Fathead Sam was straight in with his anti foreign prehistoric rubbish..
Shouldn't be allowed near a football after what he did
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8232 on: July 13, 2019, 12:50:59 AM »
The way I see it is there is the usual split.

Top 6 with the usual suspects  but with a top four Man City Liverpool Spurs and Chelsea some distance ahead of Man U and Arsenal and there is nothing happening at either of those clubs which suggest they have their act together any more than they did last season. Chelsea are a bit of a wild card with appointment of Lampard loss of Hazard and the transfer ban all playing out.

Challenger Group Wolves Leicester Everton and West Ham. Doubt any of these will get into relegation trouble if Arsenal's and Man U's tribulations continue might break the top 6

The rest the remaining 10 will struggle to varying degrees and the 3 relegated teams will be drawn from this group. Sheffield  United and Norwich look weak but Newcastle seem to be in perpetual crisis and I wouldn't completely discount any of the more established teams unravelling.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8233 on: July 13, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »
The way I see it is there is the usual split.

Top 6 with the usual suspects  but with a top four Man City Liverpool Spurs and Chelsea some distance ahead of Man U and Arsenal and there is nothing happening at either of those clubs which suggest they have their act together any more than they did last season. Chelsea are a bit of a wild card with appointment of Lampard loss of Hazard and the transfer ban all playing out.

Challenger Group Wolves Leicester Everton and West Ham. Doubt any of these will get into relegation trouble if Arsenal's and Man U's tribulations continue might break the top 6

The rest the remaining 10 will struggle to varying degrees and the 3 relegated teams will be drawn from this group. Sheffield  United and Norwich look weak but Newcastle seem to be in perpetual crisis and I wouldn't completely discount any of the more established teams unravelling.

The Premier League is ridiculously predictable isn't it? The only thing I would disagree with you on is Chelsea being in the top 4. Hazard's absence, along with having a relatively inexperienced, young manager in his first season at the club, will see them slipping and one from Arsenal and Man Utd taking their place.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8234 on: July 13, 2019, 09:08:20 AM »
To be honest I am not sure where Chelsea land but I think both Arsenal and Man United look directionless although in truth Arsenal only finished 1 point behind Spurs last year without ever looking convincing.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8235 on: July 13, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
The Premier League is ridiculously predictable isn't it? The only thing I would disagree with you on is Chelsea being in the top 4. Hazard's absence, along with having a relatively inexperienced, young manager in his first season at the club, will see them slipping and one from Arsenal and Man Utd taking their place.
He did say about Chelsea being a wild card ?

Unpopular opinion, wolves are 3 good signings from the top 4

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8236 on: July 13, 2019, 11:47:46 AM »

Imagine they'll be hoping to finish higher than 4th in their Europa League group...  Long hard season for them Thursday/Sunday.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8237 on: July 13, 2019, 12:29:39 PM »

Yes, it's just that I think they're not. Hazard is in the top 5 players in the world IMO and the difference he made to this Chelsea side is immeasurable. I think they'll have to settle with vying with Wolves for 6th place while Arsenal push on under Emery and replace them in the top 4.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8238 on: July 17, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »
I see the Newcastle fans are going into meltdown this afternoon about Bruce being confirmed as manager today - shortly before they also got battered 4-0 by Wolves in the Asia Trophy tournament.

Quite amusing to watch, helping me forget our own woes for a bit  ;D
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8239 on: July 17, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »
surprised that spurs have sold Kieran Trippier.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8240 on: July 17, 2019, 07:18:52 PM »
I see the Newcastle fans are going into meltdown this afternoon about Bruce being confirmed as manager today - shortly before they also got battered 4-0 by Wolves in the Asia Trophy tournament.

Quite amusing to watch, helping me forget our own woes for a bit  ;D

Slightly premature - Wednesday are still haggling over compensation. Looks to be around £4million

The way Bruce has gone about this given the good faith shown By Chansiri in January is disgusting really

I fancy Newcastle to drop without Rafa
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8241 on: July 17, 2019, 08:57:46 PM »
Slightly premature - Wednesday are still haggling over compensation. Looks to be around £4million

The way Bruce has gone about this given the good faith shown By Chansiri in January is disgusting really

I fancy Newcastle to drop without Rafa
Agree,Bruce has shown a lack of respect here .

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8242 on: July 18, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
Interesting little twitter exchange. Ben Foster posted a picture of him and some teammates/coaches, titled "always the hardest workers" (i think in relation to staying behind after training). Van der sar replies "true, although a shame you didn't know that when you were younger". Meow.
Boing Boing

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8243 on: July 18, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »
Interesting little twitter exchange. Ben Foster posted a picture of him and some teammates/coaches, titled "always the hardest workers" (i think in relation to staying behind after training). Van der sar replies "true, although a shame you didn't know that when you were younger". Meow.

Seems a bit arsey from Van Der Sar. Foster would have been in his early 20's at United, I'd hardly say he's an unprofessional footballer during his career.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8244 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
Seems a bit arsey from Van Der Sar. Foster would have been in his early 20's at United, I'd hardly say he's an unprofessional footballer during his career.

True, but he’s known to be a poor trainer and especially in his younger days, didn’t take football seriously.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8245 on: July 21, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »
One takeaway from this summer's transfer window is DO NOT BUY FROM BOURNEMOUTH. Over 20 mil for Mings and now 10 million for their sub striker with 3 goals in 3 years and 1 year left on contract. We got the same for J Rod who has over 30 goals in 2 years!
Boing Boing

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8246 on: July 21, 2019, 01:24:21 PM »
One takeaway from this summer's transfer window is DO NOT BUY FROM BOURNEMOUTH. Over 20 mil for Mings and now 10 million for their sub striker with 3 goals in 3 years and 1 year left on contract. We got the same for J Rod who has over 30 goals in 2 years!

The one takeaway is that we should have been signing the types of players Bournemouth have whilst we had the chance. But most people outside of Pulis and the idiots in our recruitment team knew that anyway.

Bournemouth have filled their squad with young talent. If you want one of their starting XI you're looking at £20m+, if you want one of their fringe players it's minimum £10m. Virtually every signing we made under Pulis was going to drop in value from the day they walked through the door.

Hopefully we have learnt our lesson. e.g. If Ajayi has an outstanding season that's an instant £10m on what we paid.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8247 on: August 02, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »
Telegraph Twitter Account

Exclusive: Manchester United complete Harry Maguire transfer from Leicester for £85 million

That's an awful lot of money for him
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8248 on: August 02, 2019, 03:46:50 PM »
Trying to make the cost of players out of reach but for the top 6.
Definitely us and them.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8249 on: August 02, 2019, 05:39:00 PM »
Telegraph Twitter Account

Exclusive: Manchester United complete Harry Maguire transfer from Leicester for £85 million

That's an awful lot of money for him

Crazy money. Average Prem centre back, nothing more. Everton paid £27m for Mina last summer, a ridiculous fee for other reasons, but I still think he's a superior centre back to Maguire.

To think Man U already have multiple centre backs on their books also. Insane times