Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2550124 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2275 on: February 04, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
With half of our goals this season and no opportunity to bring in anyone else now, we have to work with him that's for sure. I think he's a good lad but is a bit naive and immature at times to be honest. He needs someone to look after him a bit within the squad and outside of football whilst he's going up the ladder or else he could fall very quickly. Maybe  Fletcher could help him within the squad for example?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2276 on: February 04, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »
Hardly said he wants to go or demanded to leave has he ? Another sensationalised headline exaggerating a story. Nothing wrong with anything he said. Some players want to play at the highest level and the likes of Stuart Taylor (google him if you don't know who he is) want to sit on their arses and pick up a wage without playing games
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2277 on: February 04, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »
Sent back by Brentford
Question marks over his atittude and application, regularly late on matchday according to reports
Laughing Gas incident
Drink driving
Dressing room punch up
Constant comments in Press

His attitude at times is that of a lad who thinks he's better than the Club and wants out. Well I hope he scores the goals to keep us up and then leaves in the summer...regardless of how talented he is, his atittude is questionable at best and can only see persistent issues with him whilst he is here!

He needs to hope someone comes in for him though - Ings and Austin are both going to be the subject of interest in the Summer and can only really see Liverpool and Spurs at the big clubs wanting any of those three!

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2278 on: February 04, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Officially finished with this lad.

Cant stand him.

Has potential, but hugely overrated by the media & himself.

Our treatment of players like Wisdom, Ideye and others etc is terrible when they do at least put a shift in every week unlike this lad.

When he is a sub he doesnt warm up, just taps a ball side to side, walks around like he owns the place, creates fires with every word he speaks.

I hope he moves on, i hope we demand a huge fee, then i hope his career turns out like Sinclair's.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2279 on: February 04, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
I have no problem with anything quoted in the above linked article, it's just a pity that he seems to think he is God's gift to little old Albion.
He should be concentrating on banging the ball in the back of the net on a more regular basis, which in effect is what he has acknowledged anyway.

Would have been nice to have a youth team product with talent who wanted to stay and become part of the furniture, rather than a passing deck chair to be folded away and moved out at the end of the holiday/football season.

Nothing wrong with having ambition Saido, it's how you go about achieving your dreams that marks you as a man young fella.
Wish I had your bank balance, but don't think you'll ever find any real balance in your life. The saddest part is that you will not care so long as the money is rolling in. Oh well, take care of your mom.
 ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2280 on: February 04, 2015, 10:38:56 AM »
Media overhyping it as usual

This is no different really to the quotes made a few weeks back

Of course he will go in the summer, but as long as we stay up and get a good price I doubt anyone will be that bothered.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2281 on: February 04, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
If you're good, young and English you will always be highly sought after.

But why come out with these comments 2 days after the window has slammed shut? If he kept quiet and scored more goals between now and the end of the season he would probably get bids no matter what he said. Liverpool look favourites to sign Ings on a free transfer and Spurs have tied up Kane for another 5 years. So he's running out of 'bigger' clubs.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2282 on: February 04, 2015, 10:40:16 AM »
I honestly cannot abide the lad. The attitude on him is rank awful.

I appreciate the goals he has scored, and will hopefully continue to score, this season, but beyond that I will be glad to see the back of him provided we get a decent fee as his arrogance is just unbearable.

He is 21 years of age, has another decade at the top level ahead of him, we have stuck with him through his off the field scandals and general sulks in which he has stopped performing for stages in two seasons now and he repays us with continuous talk of 'moving onto bigger and better things'.

Odious little...something.

Parallel him with Harry Kane who seems nothing but appreciative of the fact he is playing regular Premier League football and is comfortably outperforming 'Super Saido'.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2283 on: February 04, 2015, 10:41:08 AM »
How many of his goals this season have been from the penalty spot? Take that away and his goals contribution is nothing to shout from the rooftops about. If he was that good the money vultures would have had him signed up well before now. If he doesn't perform in the second half of the season then no-one will want him and he'll be pleading with JP to give him a new contract.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:46:02 AM by royhan »

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2284 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »
Has Ings or Austin come out with any comments about leaving in the Summer? I certainly havent seen them!

Has Kane been involved in any controversies off the pitch? Again, I haven't seen any!

I havent got an issue if Berahino bangs the goals in and goes to a bigger club in the Summer...I just don't see why he needs to keep talking about it!

He's another one who should leave the club a hero but won't!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2285 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:41 AM »
Doesn't matter what we say or do his arrogance and self belief is in his make up.
There were problems with his attitude when on loan and we now have the same problems reoccuriing.
We know he'll leave at the end of the season, but the best thing he could have done was keep schtum and get on with his game.
I think our super duper media department could do with having a word with him as well. What are they thinking to let a little dumbarse like him speak to the press without a club representative in attendance.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2286 on: February 04, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
Has Ings or Austin come out with any comments about leaving in the Summer? I certainly havent seen them!

Ings contract expires in the summer.  He has already signed a precontract with David Moyes at Real Sociedad.  What's there left to talk about?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2287 on: February 04, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »
Sounds like he should be kept out of the media spotlight until the end of  the season to avoid a witch hunt following his every comment/ tweet....! Alternatively, he could use some creative imagery like Eric Cantona to confuse everybody as to what he's really saying..... ha ha. Football is turning into a silly soap opera where we're spending more time discussing a few words said in interviews instead of performances on the pitch. This was the point of the Albion statement yesterday I think - basically distancing themselves from the rubbish spouted in the media regarding transfers which whipped everyone up (me included) into thinking we were about to spend a fortune on half a new squad when in reality the club were much more low key and realistic in their approaches for players (e.g. Ba or Lambert would very likely not chosen us out of half a dozen prem clubs interested then and that is just where we are as a club).

If we really look at Berahino's comments, what we don't like is that he's telling us the truth - what 21 year old footballer wouldn't want to play champions league football and have the money and adulation that accompanies it? We just don't want to hear that because it means he wants better than we can give him. If he came out and said "I love it at Albion", kissed the badge after scoring but left at the end of the season for the first big offer, nobody would bat an eyelid. What 21 year old has never said stupid, immature things or made mistakes - give the boy a break !!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2288 on: February 04, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
Sounds like he should be kept out of the media spotlight until the end of  the season to avoid a witch hunt following his every comment/ tweet....! Alternatively, he could use some creative imagery like Eric Cantona to confuse everybody as to what he's really saying..... ha ha. Football is turning into a silly soap opera where we're spending more time discussing a few words said in interviews instead of performances on the pitch. This was the point of the Albion statement yesterday I think - basically distancing themselves from the rubbish spouted in the media regarding transfers which whipped everyone up (me included) into thinking we were about to spend a fortune on half a new squad when in reality the club were much more low key and realistic in their approaches for players (e.g. Ba or Lambert would very likely not chosen us out of half a dozen prem clubs interested then and that is just where we are as a club).

If we really look at Berahino's comments, what we don't like is that he's telling us the truth - what 21 year old footballer wouldn't want to play champions league football and have the money and adulation that accompanies it? We just don't want to hear that because it means he wants better than we can give him. If he came out and said "I love it at Albion", kissed the badge after scoring but left at the end of the season for the first big offer, nobody would bat an eyelid. What 21 year old has never said stupid, immature things or made mistakes - give the boy a break !!

No i wont give him a break, he can say all he wants in the closed season
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2289 on: February 04, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
Ings contract expires in the summer.  He has already signed a precontract with David Moyes at Real Sociedad.  What's there left to talk about?

Could you show me a link to where this has been confirmed?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2290 on: February 04, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »
All he needs to do is keep his gob shut, bang in the goals, and the rest will take care of itself.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2291 on: February 04, 2015, 11:16:14 AM »

This hasn't been confirmed. I don't think so.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2292 on: February 04, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »
All he needs to do is keep his gob shut, bang in the goals, and the rest will take care of itself.

Exactly...but he refuses to do so!!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2293 on: February 04, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
Are we sure this is not an old conversation regurgitated by sky, seems to me he's saying no more than the interview he did with Ian Wright. (Which I think was published on here).
As I understand it, the club have offered to re-open talks with him about a new contract.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2294 on: February 04, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »
I've noticed a couple of times now where he has been quoted in the press referring to the club as "them" but I cant recall him being quoted as saying "us" ever !

No wonder fans don't hold him in such high regards.

IF he's worth £20 million , how much is Kane worth ??? Kane is streets ahead of our lad in many respects , on the pitch and off it.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2295 on: February 04, 2015, 11:50:15 AM »
Tell you what I bet he can't wait to get out of here the amount of c**p he gets off Albion fans, you never know he might end up somewhere he is appreciated.

Everyone can slag off his attitude all they want but for him to go through what he has and now be as successful as he is he must have some kind of decent head on his shoulders.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2296 on: February 04, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
I don't have a problem with what saido said but no way is he near a top 5 side, you can't even put him in the same bracket of players as Walcott, Rooney, Kane, Costa, sturridge, he just needs to work hard on improving his game and keep his comments in his head
Baggie Terra

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2297 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
Far to much money, and unfortunately not a lot of intelligence....
Penny Arcade.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2298 on: February 04, 2015, 11:59:59 AM »
I think he will sign a new contract and be here at least another 18 months now, possibly longer as I can't see where he is going to go (unless we go down).

Liverpool need something different to Sturridge and Ings in a tribunal is a far better option than 20m on Saido I would think. Spurs seem to have cooled their interest and I think would go for Jay Rodriquez at that price; and lets face it, he is not going to Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

Euro 2016 is a possibility for him, but he needs to score more and change peoples perception of his attitude. I don't think his behaviour (that we know of) has actually been that bad to be honest, but his reputation is shocking rightly or wrongly.

He wont even be in another England squad anytime soon partly because of this and because as Kane has certainly moved ahead of him (plus is London based). Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck are going nowhere, and id even pick Austin before him at the moment. This is before Rodriquez gets fit again, Ing's goes to a bigger club, and people like James Wilson who is clearly highly rated come in to contention.

I can see both sides though to be honest, I can see why he hasn't helped himself with the fans, but I can also see why he might feel like sticking his fingers up to us as well.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2299 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
probably do a Goodman and end up at sunderland or similar. .