Author Topic: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover  (Read 154105 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2023, 05:30:09 PM »
Looks chocabloc there

Yep a good turnout.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2023, 05:30:51 PM »
Couple of people on the Twitter (presume fans) saying the protests are shameful as some kids and elderly have been caught up in the protests, with at least two tweets describing it as a “crush”.

Let’s hope it’s just emotions and overreaction rather than people getting hurt.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2023, 05:33:53 PM »
Couple of people on the Twitter (presume fans) saying the protests are shameful as some kids and elderly have been caught up in the protests, with at least two tweets describing it as a “crush”.

From the various video footage i've seen it looks busy but no signs of panic/stampeding. Pedestrian traffic flowing down the back. Would say it's just someone being over emotional.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 05:35:30 PM by gazberg »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2023, 06:10:23 PM »
There would have been a huge police presence for the game, knowing there was the first iteration of a pre planned protest in years. If there were any signs of serious safety issues, the Silver and Bronze commander would have dispersed the crowd. They haven't.

I think it is likely all we hearing is a reaction from a fan base who aren't used to seeing protests at the ground - we have been a fairly placid fan base for years.

It means those who don't really agree with protests can over react and embellish how bad it was.

Boing Boing

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2023, 06:13:55 PM »
We were there, bit sad to see only one little Lai out sign, needed more so any media present exactly who this is against.

All very placid. Would have a lot worse if were on a Bruce streak.

First of many hopefully, until this cretin leaves our great club.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:47:23 PM by BalisPen »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2023, 06:36:16 PM »

Trust me, there was no crush.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2023, 07:07:21 PM »
Some bloke did shout something about kids couldn't get through, but there was plenty of room to get past.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:20:26 PM by BalisPen »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2023, 07:08:51 PM »
Trust me, there was no crush.
for folks exiting the Halfords, 3 men and a dog represents a stampede
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2023, 07:14:26 PM »
for folks exiting the Halfords, 3 men and a dog represents a stampede

;D

Exactly right. Someone probably accidently brushed someone elses arm and the chap whos arm got brushed saw it as the end of days.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2023, 07:15:35 PM »
There wasn’t a crush. It was a little stand still and you had to wait - people who didn’t want to be there and who had no interest protesting vented a little frustration, but other than that it was fine.

Few of those frustrated comments only showed (to me, anyway) that a large portion of our fan base don’t realise the immediate financial danger that we’re in.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2023, 07:16:00 PM »
There wasn’t a crush. It was a little stand still and you had to wait - people who didn’t want to be there and who had no interest protesting vented a little frustration, but other than that it was fine.

Few of those frustrated comments only showed (to me, anyway) that a large portion of our fan base don’t realise the immediate financial danger that we’re in.

One of the most passive fanbases in football.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2023, 07:40:29 PM »

Could you explain, "the immediate financial danger that we're in" please?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2023, 07:40:48 PM »
What did Simon Jordan say? He’s not everyone’s cup of tea (he isn’t mine either) but he does know football and he does speak sense at times.
Jordan said nothing he wasn’t on the programme.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2023, 08:26:16 PM »
Could you explain, "the immediate financial danger that we're in" please?

Taking a 20 million pound loan out to cover ‘day to day running costs of the club’.

This isn’t to have a splurge or gamble on promotion: we’re taking a loan out to function; to serve our purpose.

When the owners clearly have no intention of repaying either of the loans - reported to be up to £12 million pounds - I’d say that I these factors very much affect our immediate financial future.

I take it you have no concerns with our current ownership then?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2023, 09:52:14 PM »
Taking a 20 million pound loan out to cover ‘day to day running costs of the club’.

This isn’t to have a splurge or gamble on promotion: we’re taking a loan out to function; to serve our purpose.

When the owners clearly have no intention of repaying either of the loans - reported to be up to £12 million pounds - I’d say that I these factors very much affect our immediate financial future.

I take it you have no concerns with our current ownership then?

I have serious reservations with our current ownership, but we will have a significant negative income/wages gap at the end of this season, due to parachute payments running out.
The £20 million loan over 4 years was inevitable to make up that shortfall in income, especially if you want to retain key players.

If we get promotion this season, the problem goes away to some extent, but, if not, the £20 million loan gives us another 4 chances.

Until, the Lai loan(s) are officially defaulted, we have to assume  they will be repaid, but thus far the signs are not good.
I only have a limited knowlege of company law, but I believe if Lai does default on the loans, there would be serious consequences on him, & possibly also on Ken.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2023, 12:09:13 PM »
I think some of the negative comments were from people who just wanted to get home after the game  and were frustrated by how long it was taking.
As an example the stewards at the gate by the away end refused to open it even after all the away fans had gone, meaning that fans who'd been waiting for them to open the gates for about 20 mins had to walk back either trying to get along Halfords lane or via Middlemore Road. Not a problem if you are able bodied but some fans like my mum who walks with a stick and can only manage walking at about 2 mph and suffers a lot of leg pain use that gate as a short cut. Why the stewards couldn't have told us they wouldn't be opening the gates, when we first got there, is beyond me.

I completely agree with the protests by the way (as does my mum) and our issue was with the stewards not the protestors.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-price-of-football/id1482886394?i=1000592787751

West Brom special on Kieran Maguire's Price of Football pod ft. Alistair Jones of Action for Albion. Maguire the leading voice in the media re: football finances, for those unfamiliar.

Hats off to Jones - been on Talksport, Guardian Football Weekly and now this in the last week. Done a great job getting the media to run the story and acknowledge how we're being run.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2023, 12:37:58 PM »
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-price-of-football/id1482886394?i=1000592787751

West Brom special on Kieran Maguire's Price of Football pod ft. Alistair Jones of Action for Albion. Maguire the leading voice in the media re: football finances, for those unfamiliar.

Hats off to Jones - been on Talksport, Guardian Football Weekly and now this in the last week. Done a great job getting the media to run the story and acknowledge how we're being run.

Listened to the podcast.

Have to say, Jones is very articulate & speaks well.

Not sure he said anything that we don't already know.

I also would argue that Simon Chadwick is more informed on Chinese influences than Kieran Maguire.

Wonder who said to Jones "This is the greatest untold story in football"?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2023, 09:25:36 PM »
He has just tweeted that Ian Skidmore has agreed to meet with them next week.

"@action4albion
Right then folks, I have some breaking news.

This evening Ian Skidmore called me to accept our offer of the olive branch. We are meeting at some point next week.

Please don’t ask what and how the meeting will be constructed because I don’t know these details as yet.

Without all of your commitment, passion and will to get answers none of this would have been possible, so thank you to everyone.

Those of you that know me will know we will ask the questions that need answering. We’re not exactly shrinking violets. It’s only right that@DaveCheshire baggie and @PaulFaulkner are joining me as they’ve been here from the start. It’s a good day. Thanks"

EDIT - He's further tweeted Gourlay will be there too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:38:53 PM by gazberg »

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2023, 10:22:45 PM »
He has just tweeted that Ian Skidmore has agreed to meet with them next week.

"@action4albion
Right then folks, I have some breaking news.

This evening Ian Skidmore called me to accept our offer of the olive branch. We are meeting at some point next week.

Please don’t ask what and how the meeting will be constructed because I don’t know these details as yet.

Without all of your commitment, passion and will to get answers none of this would have been possible, so thank you to everyone.

Those of you that know me will know we will ask the questions that need answering. We’re not exactly shrinking violets. It’s only right that@DaveCheshire baggie and @PaulFaulkner are joining me as they’ve been here from the start. It’s a good day. Thanks"

EDIT - He's further tweeted Gourlay will be there too.

Absolute proof the club are well aware of the name being dragged through the gutter. Proof of the power of protest.

Let’s hope this is the start of increasing transparency, communication and honesty by the club, in the knowledge like blokes like Alistair speak for a fanbase that demands they are held to account.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2023, 10:25:12 PM »
Absolute proof the club are well aware of the name being dragged through the gutter. Proof of the power of protest.

Let’s hope this is the start of increasing transparency, communication and honesty by the club, in the knowledge like blokes like Alistair speak for a fanbase that demands they are held to account.

I agree. Something's getting through to Lai at some level I'd imagine. We know he hates it if his name is even potentially dragged into anything

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2023, 07:25:56 AM »
It's brilliant that these fellows have created action4albion, and I suggest we all show our passion for the club and get behind them as much as we can.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2023, 08:08:26 AM »
Excellent news

And who on here said protests were futile?😂
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »
I imagine it will go something like........

"There's lots of stuff going on in the background, that we can't discuss because it's commercially sensitive.
You'll just have to trust us"

Possibly together with an invitation for Action for Albion to have a voice on the Assembly.

I have serious doubts that there will be straight forward answers to their questions.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2023, 10:57:32 AM »
I imagine it will go something like........

"There's lots of stuff going on in the background, that we can't discuss because it's commercially sensitive.
You'll just have to trust us"

Possibly together with an invitation for Action for Albion to have a voice on the Assembly.

I have serious doubts that there will be straight forward answers to their questions.

It's possible they have been told to come out of hiding by Lai to try and quieten the protests down without giving any real information but if they do so then they risk ramping things up even further.

I await the outcome of this meeting with interest.