Author Topic: Carlos Corberan  (Read 257500 times)

Atomic and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

Re: Carlos Corberan
« Reply #2325 on: November 07, 2023, 07:45:50 PM »
I personally think he is doing a brilliant job.

It is all down to his tactics and the coaching of the players, who most us have thought need replacing. In the past they have been very inconsistent, and not played to their potential. Some of them now are different players!

I just hope we can hold on to him and have a brighter future with him.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2326 on: November 08, 2023, 01:29:16 PM »
 We are seeing possession football which we would not have thought our players were capable of a few months ago and Palmer seems to have improved out of all recognition is this due to the new goalkeeping coach CC has appointed?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2327 on: November 08, 2023, 08:47:43 PM »
I don't want to speak too soon but maybe we have committed to a coach for long enough for their plan and style to take hold. God know it's what we've needed to do for ages.

Plus. Finally. No dinosaurs.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2328 on: November 08, 2023, 09:36:55 PM »
We are seeing possession football which we would not have thought our players were capable of a few months ago and Palmer seems to have improved out of all recognition is this due to the new goalkeeping coach CC has appointed?

I don’t think we play possession football particularly. We’ve only had more possession in 3 of our 7 wins.

First time in 3 seasons or so we haven’t massively underscored our xG though and I think that’s telling

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2329 on: November 08, 2023, 10:11:10 PM »
I don’t think we play possession football particularly. We’ve only had more possession in 3 of our 7 wins.

First time in 3 seasons or so we haven’t massively underscored our xG though and I think that’s telling

In fact, we are outperforming our XG the most.of.any team in the league.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2330 on: November 09, 2023, 07:57:48 AM »
It's almost as though we're comfortable both in and out of possession while laying traps for the opposition and then passing through them when they're vulnerable (eg. second against Hull) and converting easier chances than those created by whipping the ball willy nilly into central areas when we're not playing with a recognised central forward. Screams of clinical efficiency and maximisation of the resources at your disposal. How very modern. I wonder whether this will catch on.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2331 on: November 09, 2023, 08:12:09 AM »

Improved compared to when? He had a bit of a blip at the start of the season (when the whole defence was underperforming) but last season he was as good, keeping plenty of clean sheets (10 in the 22 league games he played in).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2332 on: November 09, 2023, 09:02:07 AM »
...I wonder whether this will catch on.

Don't be absurd, man.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2333 on: November 09, 2023, 09:10:41 AM »
...I wonder whether this will catch on.

Don't be absurd, man.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2334 on: November 09, 2023, 09:55:07 AM »
Don't be absurd, man.

Don't be absurd, man.

Well if the 'Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music' implies it's an absurd notion, twice no less, then absurd it must be  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2335 on: November 25, 2023, 10:07:05 PM »
Let all and sundry cream themselves taking about Mckenna, but cc is the true master.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2336 on: November 25, 2023, 10:32:03 PM »
Obsessive genius.

What I love is how his coaching team compliments him. He has people he trusts and with his clinical, coach-first, attention-to-detail style, he clearly relies on people like Michael Hefele to keep spirits high and have more personal relationships with the players.

Up the Carlos - Up the Albion!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2337 on: November 28, 2023, 10:00:27 PM »
Can’t fault him at the moment.

After QPR it looked a tricky run of fixtures for the next 6/7 matches (arguably longer and through to new year) but 4 wins and 1 unlucky defeat is an incredibly return from the 5 so far

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2338 on: November 28, 2023, 11:01:46 PM »
Certified genius

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2339 on: November 28, 2023, 11:07:39 PM »
 :(fab cc
Gets on my nerves the amount of media and opposing fans who say how 'they didnt turn up or were flat'
When we beat them not too many say how much better we actually were

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2340 on: November 29, 2023, 12:57:36 AM »
Gets on my nerves the amount of media and opposing fans who say how 'they didnt turn up or were flat'

Our off the ball shape nullifies alot of sides especially at home where we really constrict the opposition. Slowly our form is picking up away also. Silk purse and sows ear come to mind. Good Job Don Carlos
O Albion we love you

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2341 on: November 29, 2023, 11:20:21 AM »

I doubt your average football fan can truly appreciate the art of a team that is well coached and well set up out of possession so will always look at their own teams inability instead of recognising the meticulous work that goes into our side on a daily basis under CC. It is truly exceptional

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2342 on: November 29, 2023, 11:27:47 AM »
It is hard to believe that is the same team Bruce had, when Carlos came in he had a big task and it didn't start great, then it clicked but it was to late though we pushed for the play offs but fell off. I Don't think the team were as fit as Carlos wanted them. We thought losing O'Shea would leave us vulnerable but Carlos has worked on that defence and Kipre has been transformed, Mowatt incredible, Grady and Phillips are looking class. Grady looking as good as if not better than he did under Slav. The Players in thier Interviews look Happy and seem to be enjoying Training and thier football. They also speak about how Carlos has long meetings but they feel like they learn so much and can apply it because of his methods. His movement on the Touchline is testament to that he wants perfection he can change it on a fly. Carlos is honestly one of the best things Gourlay did we were skeptical, some of us knew he was good but not this good. Long may it continue.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2343 on: November 29, 2023, 11:59:03 AM »
All football fans are alike if their teams plays poorly it's never the opposition take Albion fans how often do you see  our opponents praised.
It's normally so and so is rubbish, he ain't playing well even last night the team had a fair bit of stick playing away to a team directly below us in the league .
Fans are so fickle today a win and we're fantastic a defeat and we're going down no middle ground.
By the way Corberan is the master he will manage one of the top clubs in the future.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2344 on: November 29, 2023, 12:14:31 PM »
At the start of the season how many people would have predicted a back four of Furlong, Townsend, Kipre and Bartley would concede 17 goals in 18 games and be the second best record in the league?

I would wager absolutely nobody.

The true mark of any head coach should be whether a team is consistently playing better or worse than the sum of its parts.

I think its extremely clear he has passed that threshold emphatically. What a fantastic job he's done and I think we have to be very concerned about another club coming in and poaching him
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 01:04:43 PM by Jordie1471 »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2345 on: November 29, 2023, 12:49:11 PM »
At the start of the season how many people would have predicted a back four of Furlong, Townsend, Kipre and Bartley would concede 17 goals in 18 games and be the second best record in the league?

I would wager absolutely nobody.

The true mark of any head coach should be whether a team is consistently playing or worse than the sum of its parts.

I think its extremely clear he has passed that threshold emphatically. What a fantastic job he's done and I think we have to be very concerned about another club coming in and poaching him

This is absolutely right. And to those who believe CC is only doing what any decent coach should do with this team, I sincerely hope that the opportunity to prove that right or wrong does not happen any time soon.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2346 on: November 29, 2023, 02:02:24 PM »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2347 on: November 29, 2023, 02:13:06 PM »

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2348 on: November 29, 2023, 02:17:53 PM »
Interesting if you subscribe. I cannot see it!!
Sorry mate I did wonder if that would happen!
Try going on X it's underneath a tweet by John Percy that might work.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2349 on: November 29, 2023, 02:18:20 PM »
Brum Mail say club have backed him with another backroom addition named Rafael Aranda.

"Rafael Aranda has been brought in in a consultancy role, borrowed from Universitat de Valencia, and with him he brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the fields of physical activity and sports science, degrees in which he teaches."

I am sure the current bounce is primarily due to Corberan, but interesting since this guy came on board.  12 games, 19 goals scored, 8 conceded and 22 points gained.