Author Topic: Carlos Corberan  (Read 257694 times)

SmethDan, aidacuk, KYA and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Carlos Corberan
« Reply #1500 on: June 04, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »
Yep it's unknowable atm
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Orlando Astle

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1501 on: June 04, 2023, 02:30:57 PM »
I don’t think anybody agrees with your view that Corberan is a “very average manager” - but your relentless negatively has been noted by others on this forum before.
Is there much to be pleased about? If so, I'm all ears.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1502 on: June 04, 2023, 02:53:37 PM »
Is there much to be pleased about? If so, I'm all ears.

Big flipper ears by any chance?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1503 on: June 04, 2023, 05:34:46 PM »
Thank God we have Carlos IMHO. He is our brightest, last hope.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1504 on: June 04, 2023, 05:37:58 PM »
Thank God we have Carlos IMHO. He is our brightest, last hope.

Agreed; let's hope he decides to hang around.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1505 on: June 04, 2023, 06:24:39 PM »
Agreed; let's hope he decides to hang around.

Absolutely, Anyone who can’t see what he achieved with this squad last season confuses me.
I for one was convinced we would go down, Philips for one was a spent force who he turned into a match winner, every player improved imo.
I think there’s a big chance he will go, if not to Leeds there will be many offers coming his way, it will be a long close season with my fingers crossed.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1506 on: June 04, 2023, 10:40:57 PM »
Absolutely, Anyone who can’t see what he achieved with this squad last season confuses me.
I for one was convinced we would go down, Philips for one was a spent force who he turned into a match winner, every player improved imo.
I think there’s a big chance he will go, if not to Leeds there will be many offers coming his way, it will be a long close season with my fingers crossed.
Phillips for one was a sizeable miss, once CC decided to bring him on for no good reason
Wallace was also a miss once CC decided to move him to incorporate allbrightbitsgone
He was better than Bruce clearly…but does not walk on water.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1507 on: June 05, 2023, 08:13:37 AM »
He was better than Bruce clearly…but does not walk on water.

Maybe not but he's the closest thing to a miracle we have at the club and the only thing that's keeping my head above that water.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1508 on: June 05, 2023, 12:55:15 PM »
Maybe not but he's the closest thing to a miracle we have at the club and the only thing that's keeping my head above that water.

How right you are! Some are never satisfied. We have a bunch of average, at best, players and he still nearly got them into the play-offs. I just hope we keep the man.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1509 on: June 05, 2023, 06:24:21 PM »
I wouldn’t stay at Albion as an ambitious young coach because it could easily be lethal to my reputation. The club is an utter mess. It’s the kind of environment that kills careers.

It would of course depend on there being a better option to escape to. But if one came along I’d be off like a shot.

It makes me sick to say it. But the hard reality is we’re not an enticing prospect anymore - far from it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:32:37 PM by ttree30 »

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1510 on: June 05, 2023, 08:00:27 PM »
I wouldn’t stay at Albion as an ambitious young coach because it could easily be lethal to my reputation. The club is an utter mess. It’s the kind of environment that kills careers.

It would of course depend on there being a better option to escape to. But if one came along I’d be off like a shot.

It makes me sick to say it. But the hard reality is we’re not an enticing prospect anymore - far from it.

Leprosy is more enticing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 08:17:17 AM by Hull Baggie »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1511 on: June 05, 2023, 08:41:02 PM »

I'm afraid this is about it.  If he'd made up his mind to do a proper spell here come what may, why would he have had a release clause?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1512 on: June 05, 2023, 08:42:39 PM »
I'm afraid this is about it.  If he'd made up his mind to do a proper spell here come what may, why would he have had a release clause?
Release clauses are fairly standard nowadays.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1513 on: June 05, 2023, 09:09:25 PM »
Hope he stays but fully expect him to move on and wouldn't blame him at all. Our club could sink to new depths the longer it's under Lai's ownership. Take Carlos away and what's left from a football point of view?.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1514 on: June 06, 2023, 01:25:09 PM »
Hope he stays but fully expect him to move on and wouldn't blame him at all. Our club could sink to new depths the longer it's under Lai's ownership. Take Carlos away and what's left from a football point of view?.
Whats left from any point of view...nada.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1515 on: June 06, 2023, 02:15:39 PM »
The positive for us on the Leeds link is that their club is close to being sold to an American Group (49ers) and their director of football, Victor Orta, who rated Corberan has already left so it is not clear how much interest they have left in our manager. That said, the President of this new group buying Leeds has oddly been on the Leeds board since 2018 so it's not a completely fresh revolution; and if not Leeds then other clubs in time will come sniffing.

Be interesting to see what we announce (or fail to announce) over the summer with the CEO role; as I can't imagine the manager is happy with the present skeleton set-up. He will want clarity on his budget and someone he trusts to work with on player trading; presently there is nobody left at the club with any strong links to agents or the industry, outside whatever scouting department we have.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1516 on: June 06, 2023, 02:21:42 PM »
Whats left from any point of view...nada.
Our status as a founder member.  Errr... that's it.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1517 on: June 06, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
The positive for us on the Leeds link is that their club is close to being sold to an American Group (49ers) and their director of football, Victor Orta, who rated Corberan has already left so it is not clear how much interest they have left in our manager. That said, the President of this new group buying Leeds has oddly been on the Leeds board since 2018 so it's not a completely fresh revolution; and if not Leeds then other clubs in time will come sniffing.

Be interesting to see what we announce (or fail to announce) over the summer with the CEO role; as I can't imagine the manager is happy with the present skeleton set-up. He will want clarity on his budget and someone he trusts to work with on player trading; presently there is nobody left at the club with any strong links to agents or the industry, outside whatever scouting department we have.

His budget?

As in if he sells 10 million of players, what % of that could be reinvestment in player purchases?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1518 on: June 06, 2023, 03:13:19 PM »
Tell you what, it's just as well Carlos Corberan isn't a loyal Albion supporter given the amount of them that would be off to Leeds in a flash if they offered the job  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1519 on: June 06, 2023, 04:29:28 PM »
His budget?

As in if he sells 10 million of players, what % of that could be reinvestment in player purchases?

Yes, even if the club are looking to get in so many million to balance the books there will still be a budget we are trying to operate within, both with respect to the wage bill and player trading. Still needs to be a strategy. The club should have already replaced the CEO or be very close to announcing the replacement as they have had since March to do so but the boardroom sadly is a shambles so I can't have any confidence on that front.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1520 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:42 AM »
By the way, who will appoint a new CEO?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1521 on: June 08, 2023, 12:28:33 PM »
I'm going to stick my neck out and make myself open to ridicule later but I think Carlos will stay - for one more season.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1522 on: June 09, 2023, 10:29:10 PM »
A few of the ‘itk’s’ in the loosest term saying he’s off to Leeds on Twitter. I do have to say if he is their man he is 100% off, he’d be mad to stay.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1523 on: June 09, 2023, 10:31:56 PM »
A few of the ‘itk’s’ in the loosest term saying he’s off to Leeds on Twitter. I do have to say if he is their man he is 100% off, he’d be mad to stay.

Sale.to new owners announced tonight. Just needs to pass the rigorous 'fit to own' process

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1524 on: June 10, 2023, 10:07:28 AM »
Could be a good result for us as Americans might want a name instead of a good coach so Slippy will get gig.