Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325617 times)

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
also goes on to say this could be a real coup for us, and that hes very highly rated
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 12:55:41 PM »
Don't know a lot about him but am impressed by his deemed calibre and age.
Twitter: @floydy1983

charliewestbrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
Be a good signing, CL / Steve Madeley have actually known about this transfer all week, I assume the club have told them to keep quiet until he was signed/leaked in press somewhere. Hope we do get him, a real bargain.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
Hopefully they both sign that andrews and scharner replaced then

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
I'm a bit concerned we only have one other South American to help him settle (and he may be move on.) Tamas is the only other player who can speak Spanish as well (he could be moved on to.) May be difficult for him to settle, depending on who else we sign.

I actually don't care though because it's really exciting and worth the risk.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
From the youtube video looks very much a deep lying playmaker, something in my opinion we have lacked since Greening. Now i was never Greenings biggest fan, but one thing he never did was give the ball away, and he was crucial to the way we played then, allowing us to keep possession.

Recently, under Roy, we were happy to let the opposition have the ball, keeping men behind the ball and challenging them to break us down, it worked reasonably well, but my god was it boring.

Hopefully if we get Yacob he can be a better version of Greening, keeping things ticking along from midfield, also allowing Mulumbu/Morrison to do the box-to-box midfield role that they both do so well.

Would be an exciting signing if hes as good as he meant to be.

dragon

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »
From the youtube video looks very much a deep lying playmaker, something in my opinion we have lacked since Greening. Now i was never Greenings biggest fan, but one thing he never did was give the ball away, and he was crucial to the way we played then, allowing us to keep possession.

Recently, under Roy, we were happy to let the opposition have the ball, keeping men behind the ball and challenging them to break us down, it worked reasonably well, but my god was it boring.

Hopefully if we get Yacob he can be a better version of Greening, keeping things ticking along from midfield, also allowing Mulumbu/Morrison to do the box-to-box midfield role that they both do so well.

Would be an exciting signing if hes as good as he meant to be.

You have summarised him perfectly. Arsenal were linked to him earlier this year http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2095326/Arsenal-target-Claudio-Yacob.html. A regular watcher of Claudio Yacob rates him very highly; here is the article http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/claudio-yacob-why-manchester-united-should-fight-arsenal-for-mascherano-2-0/

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Although Doumbia looks a fine player and would be a good player to add to the squad this Yacob really looks class.
He is a threat from set pieces but what i really liked was is calmness and control of the ball under pressure.
I would be well pleased if we sign this bloke.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »
Well excited by this. Hope it comes off.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
hopefully we can beat Botofogo to his signature. a signing like this shows the sort of progress we have made in the last few seasons.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 07:38:59 PM »
You have summarised him perfectly. Arsenal were linked to him earlier this year http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2095326/Arsenal-target-Claudio-Yacob.html. A regular watcher of Claudio Yacob rates him very highly; here is the article http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/claudio-yacob-why-manchester-united-should-fight-arsenal-for-mascherano-2-0/
Got any stats on him, Dragon?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 08:12:08 PM »
Wouldnt surprise me if we are after/get Yacob AND Doumbia.  We need those type of players in midfield.  Its what we lack.

We have plenty of more attack minded midfielders and these two would compliment them well.

Hope we can do the deals on both of them.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
Wouldnt surprise me if we are after/get Yacob AND Doumbia.  We need those type of players in midfield.  Its what we lack.

We have plenty of more attack minded midfielders and these two would compliment them well.

Hope we can do the deals on both of them.

Agreed. :) Not sure if we can afford both of them. But to have two top players in CM, and one in reserve for injuries etc, would improve us dramatically. We haven't really had someone comfortable beside Mulumbu, unless you count Scharner, but he was so very limited. Dorrans etc are not natural defensive players as I see it.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
Just what Albion need another midget Tony Mowbray type player,
we already have Morrison and Dorrans so why on earth do we need someone else.
Jeremy Peace should of just paid the 2.5M for what we really need which is another destroyer like Doumbia,
I get this feeling Steve Clarke will turn us into a team of pansies again.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
Midget? 5'11" is probably taller than mulumbu and scores headed goals from corners. Think before you post.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »
Jeremy Peace should of just paid the 2.5M for what we really need which is another destroyer like Doumbia,

Well I dont know about the SC bit but I am inclined to agree with you. We have been crying out for more strength, athleticism and power in CM so Doumbia for me fits that bill. As for Yacob from the Utube footage he looks to be a very accomplished player so unfair to compare him on that basis. We have looked lightweight in midfield for a long long time.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
It's a player who can both break up attacks in midfield and has the ability on the ball to manoeuvre out of tight situations and distribute it from deep is what we've been missing for a while. Mulumbu are Scharner are both great destroyers, but are very poor on the ball. Read the link Dragon posted written by someone who's watched him a lot, it says he's both a great destroyer and skilful on the ball. What are people moaning about? He might not be one of the most physical players out there, but you don't always need to be, you can make up for it in other areas of the game. We've got Mulumbu to provide the physically in midfield anyway.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
It's a player who can both break up attacks in midfield and has the ability on the ball to manoeuvre out of tight situations and distribute it from deep is what we've been missing for a while. Mulumbu are Scharner are both great destroyers, but are very poor on the ball. Read the link Dragon posted written by someone who's watched him a lot, it says he's both a great destroyer and skilful on the ball. What are people moaning about? He might not be one of the most physical players out there, but you don't always need to be, you can make up for it in other areas of the game. We've got Mulumbu to provide the physically in midfield anyway.
Agreed - there's a lot more to quality DM play than flying into tackles and physical strength. Reading the game and the ability to pass from deep are a big advantage if you are improving the quality of the side.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
Yacob seems to be the favourite and that could mean Doumia is cooling.We might not get either,probably won't,but at least we are looking at the right type of players.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »

It shows just how far English football is behind the rest of the world when views like this are still prevalent. Complete stone age views that physicality beats technique. If Spain's domination of football still can't get people's views on this to change its quite worrying for this countries football as a whole to be honest.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
It shows just how far English football is behind the rest of the world when views like this are still prevalent. Complete stone age views that physicality beats technique. If Spain's domination of football still can't get people's views on this to change its quite worrying for this countries football as a whole to be honest.

Get where your coming from but that isnt really the point that Rainbow was making. Its a question of horses for courses. If the rest of the PL was filled with Barca type teams then your argument would hold but its not. Its a tough physical league and there can be no doubt that we have lacked a player or two to deal with this aspect at times. Lovely thought that we could fill our team full of tippy tappy players and simply play our way out of trouble but sadly as rainbow points out its at the moment.....dreamland

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »
Get where your coming from but that isnt really the point that Rainbow was making. Its a question of horses for courses. If the rest of the PL was filled with Barca type teams then your argument would hold but its not. Its a tough physical league and there can be no doubt that we have lacked a player or two to deal with this aspect at times. Lovely thought that we could fill our team full of tippy tappy players and simply play our way out of trouble but sadly as rainbow points out its at the moment.....dreamland

This is the reason little has happened with English football since the days of David Batty and Carlton Palmer. Talentless plodders and leadfoots for the win, eh?

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2012, 10:48:10 PM »
You don't need to be built like a heavyweight boxer to be a good midfield destroyer. Work-rate, positional sense, anticipation, stamina and tackling ability is much more important in that position than being built like a poohouse.

The obsession of fans and managers for players to be big is what's holding English football up.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
This is the reason little has happened with English football since the days of David Batty and Carlton Palmer. Talentless plodders and leadfoots for the win, eh?

Yes if you take the point to the extreme. And yes the PL should be aspiring to play more like the Barca way no question its where football is heading to an extent. But the fact is you cant just switch and go straight from A to Z. Barcelona have spent years developing their style first under Cruff then spreading that philosophy throughout their organisation. The PL is big business and results are everything so whilst that may be the "Blue Sky" vision Rainbows pragmatic viewpoint still holds IMO