Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 487377 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Matheus Pereira (on loan from Sporting Lisbon)
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »

half full post!

a wing forward isn't a priority i think Edwards looks ready, and burke needs game time they need roatating. also krovo can play wide as can brunt if required.

we are desperate for goals up top

I'd disagree. While a striker is the number 1 priority, we are crying out for 1 more wide man. Edwards and Phillips our main 2 options - 1 spent most of this year injured and the other was barely used by 2 managers. We are crying out for one dangerous wide man. We still haven't replaced Barnes.
Boing Boing

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »
I'd disagree. While a striker is the number 1 priority, we are crying out for 1 more wide man. Edwards and Phillips our main 2 options - 1 spent most of this year injured and the other was barely used by 2 managers. We are crying out for one dangerous wide man. We still haven't replaced Barnes.

Yeah massive agreement. I'd say this is actually our most important next signing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2019, 02:42:59 AM »
Agree this is the number one remaining priority, we desperately need a left footed wide man for the balance of the team. In that regard Barnes didn't help last year as good as he was it pushed a right footed forward or winger into a position better suited a left footed player.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
Agree this is the number one remaining priority, we desperately need a left footed wide man for the balance of the team. In that regard Barnes didn't help last year as good as he was it pushed a right footed forward or winger into a position better suited a left footed player.

I disagree the number priority has to be a clinical fox in the box. Everything else is a bonus.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:35 AM »
I disagree the number priority has to be a clinical fox in the box. Everything else is a bonus.

The wide players in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 are potentially big contributors for goals. We aren't playing two up top so it is a lone striker which is not the typical "fox in the box" type player.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
If Zohore is going to be one of our main players this year, we will need to get players around him in wide forward areas. The Bournemouth game suggested he is a good link up player who likes to bring others in to the game, and Cardiff fans and journalists have both said that Cardiff got the most out of him when he they played the likes of Hoilett.

If we don't get that sort of winger this window then we won't get the best out of one of our most expensive signings ever. 

Boing Boing

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
Looks like Sporting May have dropped the obligation to buy after loan

Matheus Pereira, 23, made the initial part of the preseason at Sporting's main team, joined until the internship in Switzerland, from 7 to 13 July, but is no longer on the squad at the orders of Marcel Keizer and will leave.

In Germany there are applicants to buy the pass but, with the administration assessing the winger's 10 million euro pass, the loan will be the most achievable scenario and Schalke will be willing to move forward with a one million euro fee  but with option of ... € 15 M.

The market only closes at the end of August in most European countries and by then the future of Matheus Pereira will be decided.

The extreme has a contract with the lions until the end of June 2022 and termination clause of € 60 million.
The more people I meet the more I like my dog.

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2019, 08:02:11 AM »
It’s fair to say he will be leaving Sporting as he hasn’t been given a squad number. Between us and Schalke

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2019, 08:12:06 AM »
The only question I would ask is why are Sporting so keen to get shot of him?

I assume that the scouts have seen him and can vouch for his talent and skills, so what is it about this lad that makes Sporting dig a trench over the T&C's?

Or is it that Sporting have so much talent that he is surplus to requirement?

I don't know so can anyone enlighten me?
MAGA!

wba1968-Tim

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2019, 10:44:47 AM »
Sporting have a wealth of talent and he’s not going to break into the team anytime soon. Nobody over here thinks it’s an attitude problem just that those in front of him are better players.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
Sporting have a wealth of talent and he’s not going to break into the team anytime soon. Nobody over here thinks it’s an attitude problem just that those in front of him are better players.

Thanks Tim, cleared that up.
MAGA!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »
Just reading a German daily and says Schalke seriously interested in Pereira, but they too have already spent this window, and are looking for a loan deal.
Interestingly, they have the former Spurs forward Nabil Bentaleb on their books, who looks like being frozen out. He could be anotehr option for us, though I understand he may have had some disciplinary problems. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2019, 04:07:39 PM »
Just reading a German daily and says Schalke seriously interested in Pereira, but they too have already spent this window, and are looking for a loan deal.
Interestingly, they have the former Spurs forward Nabil Bentaleb on their books, who looks like being frozen out. He could be anotehr option for us, though I understand he may have had some disciplinary problems.

Bentaleb is a defensive midfielder, and considering they paid £17m for him last summer, not sure we could afford him!

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2019, 10:15:47 PM »
#Schalke - TransferUpdate at #S04  : 1) #Kutucu - no request from ManCity! Not interested in a change of Kutucu 2) #Pereira - no offer of the #S04  , Pereira will not switch to the buli 3) #Mendyl - there are no offers for #Mendyl in front, #S04  has to keep looking

Just on Twitter feed - Pereira update. No offer from Schalke as yet.
Maybe just maybe.....

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2019, 09:55:54 AM »
Just read again on the mighty Twitter that Schalke are out of the running. Mind you the guys in Twitter May well get their info from here, so who knows what’s happening?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
#Schalke - TransferUpdate at #S04  : 1) #Kutucu - no request from ManCity! Not interested in a change of Kutucu 2) #Pereira - no offer of the #S04  , Pereira will not switch to the buli 3) #Mendyl - there are no offers for #Mendyl in front, #S04  has to keep looking

Just on Twitter feed - Pereira update. No offer from Schalke as yet.
Maybe just maybe.....
pardon my ignorance, but what’s the buli in this case? Only thing that makes sense is shorthand for Bundesliga, but I’ve never heard that before!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
pardon my ignorance, but what’s the buli in this case? Only thing that makes sense is shorthand for Bundesliga, but I’ve never heard that before!

Its BuLi which is as you suggest a n abbreviation of Bundesliga

ie   http://www.bulibox.de/
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2019, 11:18:24 AM »

WEST BROM IN PEREIRA TALKS

West Brom have re-entered negotiations with Sporting over a loan deal for winger Matheus Pereira.

The Baggies thought the deal was over a fortnight ago, after the Portuguese club demanded too high a sale price for the Brazilian forward, and also wanted more than West Brom were willing to pay in a loan fee

Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2019, 11:37:38 AM »

WEST BROM IN PEREIRA TALKS

West Brom have re-entered negotiations with Sporting over a loan deal for winger Matheus Pereira.

The Baggies thought the deal was over a fortnight ago, after the Portuguese club demanded too high a sale price for the Brazilian forward, and also wanted more than West Brom were willing to pay in a loan fee

I would imagine if he comes in that will clear the way to sell Phillips
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2019, 11:39:32 AM »
That's just you putting 2 & 2 together.

We got linked with him before the Phillips rumour.

Isn't he more of a left midfielder anyway ?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
He's left-footed i'd say we've wanted him to go on the left with Phillips on the right, if Phillips went we'd need to replace him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2019, 12:25:37 PM »
He's left-footed i'd say we've wanted him to go on the left with Phillips on the right, if Phillips went we'd need to replace him.

Yeah, I definitely think Pereira should be in addition to Phillips, not a replacement. Imagine  Pereira - Krovinovic - Phillips behind Ajeti/Zohore. Really pleased talks have restarted, hopefully that means Sporting have dropped the obligation to buy next summer.

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
This looks like it would be a fantastic signing in the Championship, really hoping this gets through with 1 or 2 more and we are looking at a very strong side this year

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
That's just you putting 2 & 2 together.

We got linked with him before the Phillips rumour.

Isn't he more of a left midfielder anyway ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Phillips was promised that he could leave for a PL club if we signed a replacement.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »
This is not a replacement though . I hope I am not being too much of an optimist but we wanted another winger from early on. Phillips is not replaceable for his sale value.