Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129558 times)

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »
If we stay up then surely we will make our money back plus more.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2015, 05:06:28 PM »
Why are people suddenly presuming we are selling Saido because we are spending a large sum of money on rondon. To me its quite obvious the plan is to pair the two together.

Its the Albion, it wouldn't be unheard of. I'm not sure what the most we have spent in the premier league is, but 1.5m, 8m, and 15m must surely be our biggest expenditure. Thats with some other signings needed still and the players we want to shift on aren't going to bring in much more than 5m or so.

I personally don't think we will sell Saido this year, but I think we might spend a little more as Saido will be seen as money in the bank (which along with the increase in tv money next year will see JP sleep easily if we over spend a little this year). I can understand why people are sceptical though.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2015, 05:07:10 PM »
Any side needs 4 decent strikers
If he does sign we now have only 3, I would be happy to keep Bobby Brown but we all know that you cant trust Big Vic.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
Any side needs 4 decent strikers
If he does sign we now have only 3, I would be happy to keep Bobby Brown but we all know that you cant trust Big Vic.

Vic is poor 4th choice striker, because if he is needed its likely we have been hit by injuries. Yes you cannot guarantee any player will not pick up a knock, but with sick vic its a good possibility which isn't great if you are down to him because of injuries in the first place.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2015, 05:15:44 PM »
A prolific striker,can't wait to see he plays for us!
The PRIDE of midlands

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »
Ideally we should be looking to move on Anichebe. I'm happy to have Ideye has fourth choice. Always amazes me how people moan about the club and signings yet look just how far we've come. We could be going into the season with Berahinio, Rondon, Lambert, Ideye...incredible if you ask me.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Where did he pop up from? Nothing was said about him till this morning /afternoon, well not that I heard. Just hope and pray that he signs.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Yes, but we don't do it fast enough for the fantasy football manager twonks that post on here.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2015, 05:27:01 PM »
Ideye now following both Gnabry and Rondon on instagram and Twitter. Make of that what you will.

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »
Ideally we should be looking to move on Anichebe. I'm happy to have Ideye has fourth choice. Always amazes me how people moan about the club and signings yet look just how far we've come. We could be going into the season with Berahinio, Rondon, Lambert, Ideye...incredible if you ask me.

That would be an incredible striking force for WBA. I still think that Ideye is a very good striker to have as a 4th choice as well.

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:39 PM »
Could it also be that the funds ring-fenced for Matty Phillips or similar, have now been allocated to Rondon as a result of getting Gnabry on loan?
Unspoilt By Progress

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »
We should remember that we have now signed two record signings (potentially) without any noise. It is pretty remarkable. Perhaps next summer window we'll be more trusting with the club as we'll do nothing in Jan as usual.

Would love to see us with Bera, Lambert, Rondon and Brown. Hopefully we don't keep Vic and let Ideye go.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »
Jeezo, we'll have some player on our hands if we can land this bloke  :o
He's a lad from the Wrenna

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »
Could it also be that the funds ring-fenced for Matty Phillips or similar, have now been allocated to Rondon as a result of getting Gnabry on loan?

I thought that. Gnabry, MacM, MacL as our wingers, Brunt as backup and Lambo, Saido and Rondon in rotation up front. That's a potent attack to add to a solid defence.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
wow wow wow! I had put Gnabry as our best signing but this would be amazing. Have put a bottle of bubbly in the fridge in eager anticipation. COYB
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2015, 06:16:39 PM »
We (the fans) have to come back down to earth.
I can't see it happening for our club.
Too much info for other clubs to nip in and steal.

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »
Haha!  :D It says on Wikipaedia the he plays for Barley Mow at the minute! Would that be the one in Wolverhampton?

Jokes aside this would be a mighty signing and if we keep Saido too-a potentially great pairing.  :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:23:42 PM by Dubya BA »
Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
Has anyone ever seen him play?what type of striker is he?

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
Definitely got a feeling his agent will have received a few calls in the last couple of hours as this news has been reproduced in all the newswires. Not sure if we'll get this over the line one way or another. Hope I'm proved very wrong though!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2015, 06:48:07 PM »
Has anyone ever seen him play?what type of striker is he?

Strong, reasonably tall. Won't bustle past a defender a la Lukaku, but is a good finisher and uses his strength to good effect. Sorry I don't know more than that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
Definitely got a feeling his agent will have received a few calls in the last couple of hours as this news has been reproduced in all the newswires. Not sure if we'll get this over the line one way or another. Hope I'm proved very wrong though!

It's his agents job to make the calls and make clubs aware his player is avaliable. The days of the media leaking it to clubs are long gone.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »
It's his agents job to make the calls and make clubs aware his player is avaliable. The days of the media leaking it to clubs are long gone.

So it is impossible for a club to see that a deal is potentially going to go through and then decide to call his agent to alert the player to their new interest? Anyway, not getting into a debate as I get bored of seeing people having rubbish arguments on here just lately. Just my thoughts and could be wrong. Don't really care  ;)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
Very very interesting one if we can get it done (and it doesn't single the end of Saido).
However, we have learnt in the past not to get our hopes up until we see him holding the shirt!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2015, 07:01:42 PM »

I recon a lot of clubs would have been aware of his availability and could already have been talking to him. If they just rely on information from the internet they are a joke of a club if you ask me.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
That it's only come out now suggests to me that all elements are in place, and it's down to the medical being completed.

Exciting signing if we pull it off.

Would still like another winger to compliment our attacking though.

Also suggests we're likely to play more in the mould of a TP Palace side, than a TP Stoke side.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.