Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269089 times)

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #675 on: March 03, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »
Wilder V Ortiz tomorrow morning.
Thoughts fight fans?
Wilder weighed in at 15st 4lb seems a bit on the light side to me, I wouldn't be surprised to see him touch the canvass at some stage but still fancy him for the win.
changed my mind about Wilder I now think he is a bumped up fraud with what I think is a fixed fight tonight to get him in the ring with AJ.hope ORTIZ blasts him into oblivion.the only thing he has is a big gob and a bum a month fight record

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #676 on: March 04, 2018, 06:47:04 PM »
So the fraud Wilder muddled his way to a 10 the round stoppage over a very tired Oritz who in the early stages of the fight outboxed him and nearly finished him in round 7. I'm not AJs biggest fan but he would in my opinion have him on the deck and counted out in double quick time,I hope his next fight as the warm up for the AJ fight is against Dillan Whyte as I'm sure it'll be curtains for him and unfrocked as the fraud he is

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #677 on: March 04, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »
I'm not entirely convinced with AJ I've got to be honest, and as bad as Wilders boxing skills and technique are, he's always one big right hand away from turning the fight around.
God knows what fight the judges were watching looking at the score cards at the time of the stoppage. All had Wilder ahead 85-84 seems suspect to me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #678 on: March 04, 2018, 07:18:01 PM »
Wilder is a wild swinging heavyweight....one big right hand and its KO for anyone but thats true for all in the heavier weight classes of boxing, he also has a long range jab that doesnt seem to trouble too many opponents and he was lucky the bell saved him in the 7th against Ortiz for me

It will be a great fight once AJ disposes of Parker (Ill be there for that one) but AJ will beat him no problem

If AJ catches him and he stumbles AJ will finish him off
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
I wouldn't call Wilder a wild swinging heavyweight. He's is a difficult one to sum up. He certainly doesn't throw the variety of shots that Joshua does but he does have that very fast straight right which his whole game plan seems to rely on. He also has a very long reach which makes it tricky to get to him without taking risks. He won't be in range too often for Joshua's uppercut or hooks.
Could well be a case of who lands the big shot first.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
I was praying for Ortiz to finish him in the 7 th but he got through, and Ortiz allowed him to recover in the 8th. Not a fat lot of skill with Wilder, but a deadly right and a lot of speed. If AJ is going to beat him then he will have to get inside, wilder looked uncomfortable when Ortiz did that. Given all that, wilder is a tough customer
MAGA!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »
Well well looks like Boxing's Golden Boy Canelo Alvarez has failed a drug test!. Bet that wont stop his mega money rematch with GGG going ahead though. One rule for one one rule for another.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43296154

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #682 on: March 06, 2018, 04:38:31 PM »
Well well looks like Boxing's Golden Boy Canelo Alvarez has failed a drug test!. Bet that wont stop his mega money rematch with GGG going ahead though. One rule for one one rule for another.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43296154
Still on as regards latest reports,GGG was robbed anyway last time

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #683 on: March 31, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »
Anyone got any decent streams for this? All I can find seem to stop after around a minute?
Gera, Gera, Gera

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #684 on: March 31, 2018, 10:50:10 PM »
Crickfree.net is ok so far... the one that has stream listed as from 10pm, link 1

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #685 on: March 31, 2018, 11:45:02 PM »
Easy win for Joshua on points but it was a very poor fight to watch. I thought we only had poor referees in football but the Italian ref spoilt this fight in many respects by stepping in to separate the fighters every time they got close

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #686 on: March 31, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »
Sat behind his jab for 12 rounds so not great to watch. Considering how blown he has been in previous fights that have gone past the 4th he was well conditioned tonight, that said he barely needed to get out of 2nd gear to win.

Referee further out of his depth than HRK.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #687 on: April 01, 2018, 12:06:07 AM »
I really hope David Price retires after tonight. There is a lot of love for him in the game but he would have been mullered by Parker or Joshua. His physique and style are just wrong. Really feared for him tonight after that knockout.... just pleased he recovered.....
MAGA!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #688 on: April 01, 2018, 11:14:43 AM »
I really hope David Price retires after tonight. There is a lot of love for him in the game but he would have been mullered by Parker or Joshua. His physique and style are just wrong. Really feared for him tonight after that knockout.... just pleased he recovered.....
Yeah that was a really sickening knock out. He was gone after the right hand, dropped his hands and then was sitting duck for the left hoof that sent him crashing. Assuming a standing 8 count was available (Povetkin seemed to get one), then the ref should have dived in after that right as Price was not defending himself.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #689 on: April 01, 2018, 11:54:32 AM »
The big positive for Joshua was that he showed he could stick to a game plan and not get too 'macho' for his own good. Parker needed to gamble a bit more and be prepared to take a few to land his own shots. Both boxers showed a lot of respect for their opponents threats and that, combined with the ref not allowing what close up action there would have been, meant it wasn't a thriller.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #690 on: April 01, 2018, 01:40:16 PM »
Wilder is next, the bloke will ko Joshua imo

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #691 on: April 01, 2018, 03:26:41 PM »
Parkers guard was way too low, he blocked most of Joshuas shots with his face.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #692 on: April 01, 2018, 03:30:16 PM »
Wilder is next, the bloke will ko Joshua imo

Not sure he will tbh, he is a one trick pony with a wicked right. Work that out and Joshua will be OK. Ortiz nearly beat Wilder the other week, and Wilder knew it .......
MAGA!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #693 on: April 01, 2018, 04:11:24 PM »
Not sure he will tbh, he is a one trick pony with a wicked right. Work that out and Joshua will be OK. Ortiz nearly beat Wilder the other week, and Wilder knew it .......
Agree, Wilder has a very fast dangerous right hand but doesn't throw much otherwise. He survived the crisis against Ortiz but we saw that his legs went when he was tagged (very thin legs for a heavyweight). If Joshua lands cleanly with a straight right, left hook or uppercut he could be in serious trouble....obviously AJ has to stay out of trouble until landing those shots though.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #694 on: April 01, 2018, 05:15:12 PM »

Same as mate!. Pricey is a smashing bloke but cannot ship a punch. Having said that Povetkin can bang!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #695 on: April 03, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
disappointing fight to say the least, i would even go as far as saying the other guy won
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #696 on: April 03, 2018, 01:28:44 PM »
disappointing fight to say the least, i would even go as far as saying the other guy won

Which fight are we talking about Glyn?

There is a Joshua thread
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #697 on: April 03, 2018, 01:51:16 PM »
A peak Tyson Fury wouldn't just beat Joshua he would make him look slow and cumbersome. Joshua wouldn't win a round.

Wilder v Joshua 50 / 50. Whoever lands clean first.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #698 on: April 03, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »
I would love to see a Joshua/Fury fight, so would everyone else i would imagine.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #699 on: April 03, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
Thought Parker deserved an awful lot of credit for his effort. The fact it was boring was down to him. Shame the ref ruined it when it did look to turn into a carve up. Joshua done what was asked of him, but he'll be disappointed he was unable to make a statement.