Author Topic: Tom Fellows  (Read 22493 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Tom Fellows
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2023, 04:39:34 PM »
I'd be disappointed to see him go. He is a better prospect than TGH in my opinion as he has genuine pace and not afraid to use it, and he's one of our few local lads.  If he were to be sold, you'd hope we'd get a top price for him. By the way, Bundesliga clubs generally pay much less for transfer fees than here.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2023, 05:26:14 PM »
I'd be disappointed to see him go. He is a better prospect than TGH in my opinion as he has genuine pace and not afraid to use it, and he's one of our few local lads.  If he were to be sold, you'd hope we'd get a top price for him. By the way, Bundesliga clubs generally pay much less for transfer fees than here.
It sounds as though he's out of contract at the end of the season so doubt we'd get much for him in January unless he renews before then. He sounds and seems an intelligent player from his comments and awareness. Would be nice to keep him here and in the picture.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2023, 06:33:07 PM »
Was that O'Rourke too?

No mate it was an article somewhere saying saints and foxes wanted him,   but said new owners saying they don't want anyone sold.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2023, 06:43:28 PM »
No mate it was an article somewhere saying saints and foxes wanted him,   but said new owners saying they don't want anyone sold.

Cheers. Hopefully we can get him to stay regardless of any rumours

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2023, 06:56:31 PM »
Fellows showed great promise last year so why hasn’t he been pinned to a longer contract before now? It smacks as yet another example of incompetence by our background team in relation to transfers.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2023, 05:44:27 PM »
Fellows showed great promise last year so why hasn’t he been pinned to a longer contract before now? It smacks as yet another example of incompetence by our background team in relation to transfers.
Because money isnt infinite and whilst being promising (although breaking through this season) the club (and most clubs) can’t just throw contracts and money at players just in case.
It’s very easy to tell others how to spend their cash .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2023, 07:51:55 PM »
Because money isnt infinite and whilst being promising (although breaking through this season) the club (and most clubs) can’t just throw contracts and money at players just in case.
It’s very easy to tell others how to spend their cash .

All that said, if the new owner rumours aren’t forthcoming then the likes of Tom Fellows, Caleb Taylor and other will be leaned on and be our future where we see potentially the likes of Diangana and Kipre (if he carries on) being sold to fund our running costs and loan repayments.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2023, 07:14:24 AM »
This guy is going to have a big career ...........I just hope it's here. Lets not have another TGH like giveaway please.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2023, 07:23:19 AM »
This guy is going to have a big career ...........I just hope it's here. Lets not have another TGH like giveaway please.

He certainly is a bright light and we need to be seeing the likes of Fellows as our potential future if sales are needed. He’s pacey and aggressive and excellent and taking his man on on the outside and getting the ball in the box. Like Wallace but with pace which ironically is what Wallace seems to be missing these days. If Wallace is injured for a bit, Fellows appears the natural replacement.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2023, 09:15:06 AM »
Starting to show consistency in his cameos from the bench obviously has the trust of CC
He’s direct and puts some decent balls into the box
Whilst money is tight it’s a no brainier to offer him a deal with so many other high earners out of contract at the end of the season
Hopefully he doesn’t have a greedy agent looking for a payday

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2023, 01:41:53 PM »
Another impressive cameo. A lot of it with him is his pace and maybe that's why Carlos prefers using him later in games when defenders are tiring.  However, if Wallace is out, there's a strong case for starting with him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2023, 01:51:17 PM »
Thought he was magnificent last night. A throwback winger who does what it says on the tin.

Their left back just couldn't get anywhere near him, far too intelligent, far too quick.

How he does if he starts games, who knows, but off the bench late on he's a real threat, though the goals and assists don't show it yet.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2023, 11:09:55 AM »
How he does if he starts games, who knows, but off the bench late on he's a real threat, though the goals and assists don't show it yet.

When CC gets his game management right, Fellows has the potential to excel. Throwing him on for the last 20/30 minutes as full backs legs are tiring and he has the wherewithal to drive straight at them is a perfect little change.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2023, 09:47:23 PM »
I dont see anything in him personally, bit of a headless chicken in the spells that I have seen. He shows little game instelligence in my opinion. With little money for extended contracts I dont see him earning one.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2023, 10:37:25 PM »
I dont see anything in him personally, bit of a headless chicken in the spells that I have seen. He shows little game instelligence in my opinion. With little money for extended contracts I dont see him earning one.

Well Leicester and a couple of other clubs sniffing around would disagree .

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2023, 05:58:53 AM »
He's as raw as Sarmiento just not quite up to that level. More like a Wallace style of winger which is run at pace and whip it in vs Diangana or Sarmiento that do more tricks and shoulder drops. I think he will start in the cup
O Albion we love you

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2024, 06:11:55 PM »
Thought he played well today ,looked dangerous ecspecially first half

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2024, 06:38:33 PM »
Thought he played well today ,looked dangerous ecspecially first half

He has talent, without a doubt. Not sure he’s yet ready to be a regular starter in this division but that’s not a slight on him.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2024, 07:15:42 PM »
I like TF and has greatly progressed in stature, but he needs to get some assists and goals.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2024, 07:20:31 PM »
Wonder if anyone will come in for him in Jan as he enters final half year of contract.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2024, 07:33:05 PM »
He has that crucial ability to get around his full back and get crosses in, and most are dangerous crosses. But he can also turn inside on his other foot. Just needs someone to get on the end of his crosses, which is a major problem with us. One fantastic turn on the half way line today which set up BTA perfectly.

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2024, 07:35:36 PM »
I like TF and has greatly progressed in stature, but he needs to get some assists and goals.
He would have had plenty off assist already if there was a striker who could head the ball in the box

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2024, 07:38:00 PM »
He would have had plenty off assist already if there was a striker who could head the ball in the box
He is one winger who drills his crosses fairly low, which should suit our non heading strikers.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2024, 08:06:06 PM »
I thought he did well today - similar to his many cameos from the bench. However, I never have any belief that he'll score or really threaten the goal when he's got himself in really good positions (BTA didn't do him any favours with the miss from his excellent work, mind).

With no genuine threat in the box, direct wingers like Fellows become almost redundant as inside forwards or wingers that cut in provide a greater direct goal threat.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2024, 11:05:46 PM »

Agreed. However, how he hasn't got an assist by now is a bit of a mystery, he's created a number of opportunities, we just haven't taken them.

The BTA one today is a really bad miss when you see it from the angle behind BTA. BTA could hit it first time to the keepers left but when he brings it back onto his left foot he has a huge gap to the keepers right, all he has to do is sidefoot the ball into that area. Instead he blasts the ball right down the middle of the goal.