Author Topic: New Kit/ Sponsors  (Read 314826 times)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: New Kit/ Sponsors
« Reply #1150 on: August 08, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
Only small, medium and XXXL available online now.
Must be the most sold shirt ever!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1151 on: August 09, 2018, 08:23:13 AM »
has anybody purchase a puma t-shirt from the club, can you tell me are the sizes a tight fit like the playing tops
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: August 09, 2018, 08:27:59 AM »
has anybody purchase a puma t-shirt from the club, can you tell me are the sizes a tight fit like the playing tops
yes they fit like the kits
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1153 on: August 09, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
yes they fit like the kits

cheers for that xl it is then

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1154 on: August 09, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
Glad to see the BBC appreciates perfection  ;D

Not sure about their highly dodgy Dingle comments though!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:44:27 PM by bigcyrille »

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1155 on: August 09, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
Just been into Merry Hill for a large and they said they had no idea when they will have any back in stock.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1156 on: August 09, 2018, 08:36:38 PM »
Been in the stadium shop today, any size above medium is out of stock. They said should be in stock for next saturday home game although trying for Tuesday vs Luton.

Also saw Cryilles wife Julia in the shop, it was good to talk to her about how Cryille was worshipped at our club. Glad she still finds it her home and her club.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1157 on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »
Had my 3rd shirt delivered yesterday, went for 2XL because I like the space (I'm normally an XL). It's a good job I did, because it's a bit tight. Put it next to my XL Adidas shirt from a few years ago and It's smaller.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: August 10, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »
Just ordered myself a L online for collection at the megastore.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1159 on: August 10, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
mid 70s yellow and green with sky blue shorts, what was the reason behind that

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »
Had my 3rd shirt delivered yesterday, went for 2XL because I like the space (I'm normally an XL). It's a good job I did, because it's a bit tight. Put it next to my XL Adidas shirt from a few years ago and It's smaller.

No wonder there is a shortage if people are ordering 3 shirts...........

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: August 10, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »
Just had mine delivered, bought xxl, bearing in mind 6 ft 4, not overweight, and is very tight!!

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1162 on: August 11, 2018, 07:06:08 AM »
mid 70s yellow and green with sky blue shorts, what was the reason behind that

It was just a continuation of the previous away strip. The shorts and socks stayed the same, only the shirt changed to stripes (but retaining the yellow and green colours).

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/alan-merrick-of-west-bromwich-albion-with-viv-busby-of-news-photo/454247978

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: August 16, 2018, 08:04:31 PM »
Still no stock of most sizes in the green and yellow, obviously selling well. I have been trying to get a large for a couple of weeks now. Good decision by the club to bring this kit back even though many didn't think it would sell enough.
Gera, Gera, Gera

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1164 on: August 16, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »
My large is sat at the club shop waiting for me to collect. Will get it before the game on Saturday.

Dorrans17

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1165 on: August 16, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
Got mine delivered today,absolutly in love with it. Defo recommed going a size up.. I should be a Medium, but a large is a snug fit..

Thumbs up from me
Baggie

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1166 on: September 16, 2018, 10:28:35 AM »
The awful performance on Friday was not the worst thing the club did to annoy me during the day. So we have what was always going to be the most popular shirt in many years and you would think this is a great money making opportunity for the club? but no. Instead what they do is produce about 10 of each size which are actually not the correct size and they sell out instantly!

This is unbelievable on its own but to be told yesterday that the next batch will be due in November (Yes November!) just goes to show what a joke of a club we are in some areas. Only the 6 months after all other clubs kits have been widely available to BUY!!!!

Apologies to the young girl in the Megastore who had to listen to my mini rant on the subject  ;D
Gera, Gera, Gera

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1167 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
The awful performance on Friday was not the worst thing the club did to annoy me during the day. So we have what was always going to be the most popular shirt in many years and you would think this is a great money making opportunity for the club? but no. Instead what they do is produce about 10 of each size which are actually not the correct size and they sell out instantly!

This is unbelievable on its own but to be told yesterday that the next batch will be due in November (Yes November!) just goes to show what a joke of a club we are in some areas. Only the 6 months after all other clubs kits have been widely available to BUY!!!!

Apologies to the young girl in the Megastore who had to listen to my mini rant on the subject  ;D
But you are correct, a business/company/club reflects at every level
I did once pen a letter (never sent) to the club on my thoughts on a strategy for commerciality ...I'm not claiming to be Mary Portas or Stuart Rose, but I can guarantee I can make a better fist of it than the last 15 years
The opportunities we have had to increase our revenue streams are frightening and with some tweaks we could actually become quite good

My mini rant over too 😊
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1168 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »
So we have what was always going to be the most popular shirt in many years and you would think this is a great money making opportunity for the club? but no. Instead what they do is produce about 10 of each size which are actually not the correct size and they sell out instantly!
Yet again we have people getting upset over an overpriced piece of sports equipment that without the relevant club connection would be regarded as (unwearable?) cheap tat.
As has been noted before, the club does not make major money from shirt sales as the vast majority of the profit goes to the shirt manufacturer.

"Adidas, Nike, Puma and other kit suppliers get 85-90% of shirt sale revenue and this is the industry standard.
While there are some exceptions – a club such as Bayern Munich, which is part-owned by Adidas, may be given a slightly more favourable revenue share, and generally, once a certain (very large) number of shirts are sold, the revenue split on additional sales will skew more favourably to the club – these are the exceptions to the general rule."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: September 17, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
I'm sure in the 06/07 season when we last had this yellow and green shirt we had a terrible record in it.........

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1170 on: September 17, 2018, 05:57:47 PM »
Yet again we have people getting upset over an overpriced piece of sports equipment that without the relevant club connection would be regarded as (unwearable?) cheap tat.
As has been noted before, the club does not make major money from shirt sales as the vast majority of the profit goes to the shirt manufacturer.

"Adidas, Nike, Puma and other kit suppliers get 85-90% of shirt sale revenue and this is the industry standard.
While there are some exceptions – a club such as Bayern Munich, which is part-owned by Adidas, may be given a slightly more favourable revenue share, and generally, once a certain (very large) number of shirts are sold, the revenue split on additional sales will skew more favourably to the club – these are the exceptions to the general rule."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths
You say they don't make "major amounts of money from shirt sales" in comparison to which other similar income stream?
If they made £100000 then it's still £100000, however with tweaks they could make that £140000....so why would they not maximise ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1171 on: September 20, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: September 20, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
But no large size ?
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1173 on: September 20, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »
But no large size ?

Of course they will have large, the only mention of size in the article is to say that they have small available now to buy, all other sizes are pre order.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1174 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »
I could not order it yesterday but I can today  :o
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink