Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 194700 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
Relieved we're getting some competition for spaces up front, although to be honest, I'd rather it was a more mobile, player of the type Gayle. I can't say I know alot about this bloke, but if reports about him are right, he's more of a tall target man. Yes, we could certainly do better than HRK there, but what is crucial is getting a player who can anticipate goal chances, and then convert a fair few. I hope we are still considering Neal Maupay, who falls more into that category, and that we would still have enough left in the budget to make a serious offer for him. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »
Relieved we're getting some competition for spaces up front, although to be honest, I'd rather it was a more mobile, player of the type Gayle. I can't say I know alot about this bloke, but if reports about him are right, he's more of a tall target man. Yes, we could certainly do better than HRK there, but what is crucial is getting a player who can anticipate goal chances, and then convert a fair few. I hope we are still considering Neal Maupay, who falls more into that category, and that we would still have enough left in the budget to make a serious offer for him.

I also assumed he was just a target man but seems fairly mobile in the clip below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcEkw-WB7g

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
I also assumed he was just a target man but seems fairly mobile in the clip below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcEkw-WB7g
Yes. He has a fair left foot shot as well, and I like forwards who have the courage to chip goalkeepers.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »
Can't be many Kens to have played for the Baggies! Can't think of any of the top of my head.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2019, 06:01:05 PM »
Can't be many Kens to have played for the Baggies! Can't think of any of the top of my head.
Foggo
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »
    KennyFogo  Ken Stephens

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
Luke 4 Ken Moore
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Oslobaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »

Ken McNaught, Kenny Swain.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »
Ken Hodgkinson.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
He's scored 23 in 77 Championship games - which isn't too bad

We have different standards. I would say that is abject for the championship. Certainly not what we need to get promotion. I've seen a bit of Lahore for Cardiff. I would describe him as a big lump with a chip on his shoulder and a bad attitude. A poor mans Danny Dichio. So I can't say I'm pleased to be spending £4m-£8m of our budget on him. Smack's of a panic signing.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
We have different standards. I would say that is abject for the championship. Certainly not what we need to get promotion. I've seen a bit of Lahore for Cardiff. I would describe him as a big lump with a chip on his shoulder and a bad attitude. A poor mans Danny Dichio. So I can't say I'm pleased to be spending £4m-£8m of our budget on him. Smack's of a panic signing.

It really does seem like a panic buy. He's hardly set the world alight but I have got limited knowledge on him. That's a lot of money to spend on unproven.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2019, 07:41:26 PM »

It really does seem like a panic buy. He's hardly set the world alight but I have got limited knowledge on him. That's a lot of money to spend on unproven.

Cardiff fans on twitter seem generally pleased to offload Zohore. Inconsistent is a word many use to describe him. He's also not the most prolific of scorers. Smacks of a typically cheap option to me.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
How about giving the bloke a chance to kick a ball for us and assess him on performances for us
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2019, 07:49:42 PM »
An ok signing. More of a physical presence that we missed at times last season.
It all depends on what formation we will play but at times we will need to go 4-4-2 so at least one more striker required hopefully a Gayle type.
We still need someone to play on the left. Phillips and Burke have the right side covered

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »
At the £8M price I just hope he’s not going to be an Anichibe mk2

May I add I wanted us to look at him a couple of years ago
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:39:33 PM by saml30 »
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2019, 08:26:07 PM »
I work in Cardiff and watch them occasionally and when they're on Sky and get a fair bit of media news on local TV. He's tall but pretty athletic and mobile - not a lump. Definitely not a lighthouse type centre forward. I'd say he's got a fair bit of ability and potential ...time will tell as usual.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
Jesus Christ. The negativity on this forum. Why I barely post any more.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
My initial reaction was that we were paying too much for him but it seems the headline fee of £8m is actually £6m + £2m
add-ons or even £4m + £4m add-ons I am a lot more sanguine about it.

On the plus side he is the target man that we need and while not as prolific as some would like he is no slouch in front of goal. I would also add that while not as pronounced as the Pulis effect the impact of Warnock's football reduces the opportunities that strikers get and therefore scoring double figures in a Warnock side is no mean feat. Generally video clips prove very little (nobody shows the subject shanking a shot into the crowd) I did note that on many occasions there was hardly another Cardiff player within 20 yards of him.

Zohore is a solid signing for the Championship, is his ceiling much higher?  Probably not but this is not an issue for the here and now.

Are there better value signings? There probably is although there is no guarantee that we could land them as a Championship side.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2019, 11:14:07 PM »
There is a touch of Cyrille about the way he bullied his way past those defenders.

Definitely an upgrade on HRK so I think could be decent value if he has the right attitude. Great left foot on him.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
know nothing of him but if he's a warm body he's welcome!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2019, 12:31:42 AM »
This is a weird one for me...he has't really done anything to warrant us investing such a big chunk of cash on. In all honesty, I haven't seen much of him but I'm not really hearing too much positivity from anywhere. There has to be better value out there. I don't mind waiting till the last day if it means the right signings..... this just seems a bit desperate to me.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2019, 01:35:42 AM »
Uninspiring.

It seems most clubs near the top of the championship have is someone who scores around 20 goals in the season. I’m sure when we got promoted and our top scorer was Dorrans it was a real anomaly so we still need to find a goal scorer and have a further restricted budget.

A goal scorer would be my number one priority and I don’t think he’s it.   

As for ignoring other teams forums, it would seem silly to completely disregard them and yet on the other hand preach how composed he looks in a video only showing his goals. That seems to be manipulating the available info to suit.

It is hard to judge one bit of business in isolation though, given the rebuild needed.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2019, 06:46:08 AM »
This is a weird one for me...he has't really done anything to warrant us investing such a big chunk of cash on. In all honesty, I haven't seen much of him but I'm not really hearing too much positivity from anywhere. There has to be better value out there. I don't mind waiting till the last day if it means the right signings..... this just seems a bit desperate to me.

I doubt very much if we've paid £8m up front for him.
As with most deals now we will end up paying £8m if he meets all the criteria laid down.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2019, 08:07:15 AM »
If, like me you all went to Wiki to check Ken out then you will have seen he has a 1 in 4 hit rate. It did occur to me that had his strike rate been any higher then I would not have needed to refer to Wiki......

Lets give the guy a chance.
MAGA!