Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718056 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1100 on: April 06, 2019, 07:17:57 PM »
Remi jardin
Zidane
Dario gradi
Jupp heynkes

They all went back
Wonder if Moore ?
No thanks
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1101 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:26 PM »
Remi jardin
Zidane
Dario gradi
Jupp heynkes

They all went back
Wonder if Moore ?

Two of that four won the Champions League in the season they left...

Darren left after three months of awful home results and a shambolic pasting at Elland Road

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1102 on: April 06, 2019, 07:37:48 PM »
SOS for Sir Gary Megson for final few games and to navigate play offs, no brainer in my opinion.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1103 on: April 06, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »
Exit two season tickets, stage right.......

Don’t get me wrong, I want Jokanovic, but I can just see our lot panicking and Big Sam in Center Stage
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1104 on: April 06, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »
SOS for Sir Gary Megson for final few games and to navigate play offs, no brainer in my opinion.
we could do a lot worse

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »
Won’t be any high tempo style with this group of slow, lazy ,arrogant overrated no marks. Would rather get rid of the lot and start again.

Moore took our last scrap of integrity with him.

Shambles .
That's more or less what I'm saying. It's time to change direction, develop a style and use our emerging young players, with new arrivals to compliment the new style.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1106 on: April 06, 2019, 08:55:23 PM »
That's more or less what I'm saying. It's time to change direction, develop a style and use our emerging young players, with new arrivals to compliment the new style.

Who are these emerging young players? Edwards is the only one currently good enough and definitely an Albion player next season. Add Field if we're aspiring to mid table Championship (though he's unlikely to be suited to a high energy pressing style anyway).
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1107 on: April 06, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »

Who are these emerging young players? Edwards is the only one currently good enough and definitely an Albion player next season. Add Field if we're aspiring to mid table Championship (though he's unlikely to be suited to a high energy pressing style anyway).

Harper, Field, Edwards. Those three should be integrated into the first team.

Leko no not good enough, Tulloch the same. Morgan Rogers maybe in a years time. Louie Barry has possibly more potential than any of them (Barcelona allegedly watching him) but he's only fifteen so realistically two or three years away at least depending on his physical growth.

The likes of OShea, Fitzwater, Ferguson and Wilson I think will struggle to make the grade.

Just my opinion at this stage.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1108 on: April 06, 2019, 09:08:55 PM »

Leko no not good enough, Tulloch the same. Morgan Rogers maybe in a years time. Louie Barry has possibly more potential than any of them (Barcelona allegedly watching him) but he's only fifteen so realistically two or three years away at least depending on his physical growth.

The likes of OShea, Fitzwater, Ferguson and Wilson I think will struggle to make the grade.

Harper wont be here next season. So that's 2 including Field. Seems a little short handed for the type of changes people would like, think would be best ..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1109 on: April 06, 2019, 09:11:54 PM »

We have a choice of sticking with the same old yet again or forging a new team. A new manager, dare I say someone like Potter(but it won't be him), may come in here look at players we've hardly seen so far like Tulloch, Rogers, Soule...added to Edwards, Field, hopefully Harper and think these are talented and will have the energy and ability to fit the style I want to play (along with 4 or 5 loan/permanent signings) and a few remnants from the rest. Maybe it's pie in the sky thinking but the alternative seems to be more of the same.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1110 on: April 06, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »

Harper wont be here next season. So that's 2 including Field. Seems a little short handed for the type of changes people would like, think would be best ..

Well that's an opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong but until that's confirmed I'd include him as part of our plans.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1111 on: April 06, 2019, 09:14:02 PM »
We have a choice of sticking with the same old yet again or forging a new team. A new manager, dare I say someone like Potter(but it won't be him), may come in here look at players we've hardly seen so far like Tulloch, Rogers, Soule...added to Edwards, Field, hopefully Harper and think these are talented and will have the energy and ability to fit the style I want to play (along with 4 or 5 loan/permanent signings) and a few remnants from the rest. Maybe it's pie in the sky thinking but the alternative seems to be more of the same.

The next lot down are nowhere near ready for the Championship .Tulloch,  Morgan Rogers etc. They were awful the other night against City (who would finish comfortably bottom of the Championship if inserted into it.)

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1112 on: April 06, 2019, 09:17:41 PM »

On what basis do you say Tulloch isn’t good enough ? He’s a kid who has hardly any first team experience !

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1113 on: April 06, 2019, 09:24:10 PM »

So Jacko  what would be your plan of action for next season assuming we are still in the championship?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1114 on: April 06, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
On what basis do you say Tulloch isn’t good enough ? He’s a kid who has hardly any first team experience !

Just my opinion based on what I've seen of him. I look at footballers with a) intelligence, b) ability to execute what they attempt (technique), c) consistency in what they do, above all else. Others tend to look at pace, power which is fine until you meet teams that nulify the physicality you have.

I'm not always right by any means but generally I find long term I'm usually not far wrong.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:30:33 PM by Atomic »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1115 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:05 PM »

The next lot down are nowhere near ready for the Championship .Tulloch,  Morgan Rogers etc. They were awful the other night against City (who would finish comfortably bottom of the Championship if inserted into it.)
You seem to be judging on one game though. We could/should be losing Rondon, Phillips, Hegazi, Dawson, J-Rod, (Gayle obviously), Gibbs....Barry out of contract, Morrison (are we relying on him during the inexplicable 2nd year of his contract?), lost track of Brunt's contract. We can either faff about with the old heads running the show again (when fit) or look to develop a new approach under a progressive manager.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1116 on: April 06, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »
So Jacko  what would be your plan of action for next season assuming we are still in the championship?

The horse may have bolted but we should just get Jokanovic irrespective of division. Beg Rondon for a season at this level or sell him and give the manager all the money to spend. Get rid of players who can't play with a ball at feet, the likes of Dawson, Livermore, Rodriguez, Kanu.

Trust a good manager to rebuild however he wants. A team next season regularly featuring Edwards, Field, Tulloch, Rogers and Soule will get relegated from the Championship.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1117 on: April 06, 2019, 09:35:01 PM »
You seem to be judging on one game though. We could/should be losing Rondon, Phillips, Hegazi, Dawson, J-Rod, (Gayle obviously), Gibbs....Barry out of contract, Morrison (are we relying on him during the inexplicable 2nd year of his contract?), lost track of Brunt's contract. We can either faff about with the old heads running the show again (when fit) or look to develop a new approach under a progressive manager.

I am judging on one game on the basis it was the best opposition they're eligible to face but are still not as good as Ipswich for example.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1118 on: April 06, 2019, 09:35:13 PM »
It is the obvious move mate, but Jenkins and SGM do not get on, so will not happen. The club unfortunately does NOT come first.
I really don't know where we are, but it seems like we are back in Trevor Summers time!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1119 on: April 06, 2019, 09:39:08 PM »
It is the obvious move mate, but Jenkins and SGM do not get on, so will not happen. The club unfortunately does NOT come first.
I really don't know where we are, but it seems like we are back in Trevor Summers time!

Trev “The Shed” oh happy days in comparison
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1120 on: April 06, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »

As in awful like the dingles who will get relegated ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1121 on: April 06, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
As in awful like the dingles who will get relegated ?

Mate you likened Moore to Zidane earlier...

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1122 on: April 06, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »

Just my opinion based on what I've seen of him. I look at footballers with a) intelligence, b) ability to execute what they attempt (technique), c) consistency in what they do, above all else. Others tend to look at pace, power which is fine until you meet teams that nulify the physicality you have.

I'm not always right by any means but generally I find long term I'm usually not far wrong.
Fair enough - but you have to have pace in your side these days and that's not going to change. Harvey Barnes would score quite highly on your 3 measures and on pace (but that's no help to us now)...but the rest would be trailing (fully fit Phillips aside). You may have seen a fair bit of Tulloch but still seems pretty harsh to say he's not good enough...actually looked pretty decent when used in the cup.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1123 on: April 06, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »
No I didn't
I listed zidane as one of a few managers that had gone back to a club they had managed , you were probably distracted by the sight of salad with his shirt off

I am quite the herbivore to be fair... likened does not mean compared. Hope this helps.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1124 on: April 06, 2019, 10:12:46 PM »
We have consistently neglected to put money or long term thought into managerial appointments. To me this situation is Albion in microcosm.  You could argue the manager is the most important role at a football club. We historically appoint people out of work. As has been said many times the past few appointments were: Mel, Irvine, Pulis, Pardew, Moore, Shan (game by game). Who is confident it will be different next?
There is 120 million on the line and no-one knows what’s going on :)