Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718240 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #950 on: March 31, 2019, 02:27:19 PM »
Murphy made as much contribution as a traffic cone!

An incredibly poor player unfortunately. Awful vision, decision making and no end product. He’s McClean with a bit more pace and less bottle. Thank god we get to send him back to Newcastle in the summer.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #951 on: March 31, 2019, 02:36:52 PM »
An incredibly poor player unfortunately. Awful vision, decision making and no end product. He’s McClean with a bit more pace and less bottle. Thank god we get to send him back to Newcastle in the summer.

I'm not sure he's any quicker than McClean. Other than that you're spot on (IMO). He's a wimp of a footballer. I'm not a fan of him or Montero.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #952 on: March 31, 2019, 02:55:39 PM »
Jimmy isn't the answer to being next coach, like Darren he hasn't got the tactical nouse to be top manager. Ex Fulham boss for me is stand out candidate.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #953 on: March 31, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »
Jimmy isn't the answer to being next coach, like Darren he hasn't got the tactical nouse to be top manager. Ex Fulham boss for me is stand out candidate.

I don't think anyone is disputing that.

Having said that, I believe he should be given until the end of the season, regardless of how he does - and then we look at long-term prospects in the summer.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #954 on: March 31, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »
Someone has said that we need a new manager (possibly foreign) with contacts (outside of England). Pick and choose players who will suit us.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #955 on: March 31, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »
Someone has said that we need a new manager (possibly foreign) with contacts (outside of England). Pick and choose players who will suit us.

We have a DoF who is responsible for identifying players.

At the moment, we don't know what division we'll be in. A re-build in the EPL will look a lot different from a re-build in the EFL.
Surely, that will determine the level of Head Coach we have?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #956 on: March 31, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
I note that Tim Sherwood has entered the betting with SkyBet at 10/1

Not the Head Coach I would choose.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #957 on: March 31, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
We have a DoF who is responsible for identifying players.

At the moment, we don't know what division we'll be in. A re-build in the EPL will look a lot different from a re-build in the EFL.
Surely, that will determine the level of Head Coach we have?
Darren Moore is unemployed btw.  :P

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #958 on: March 31, 2019, 05:14:26 PM »
Gary Monk worth a look IMO
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #959 on: March 31, 2019, 05:19:58 PM »
Gary Monk worth a look IMO

After some of his players antics Friday night? Diving and taking players out? No thanks.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #960 on: March 31, 2019, 05:46:51 PM »
After some of his players antics Friday night? Diving and taking players out? No thanks.

We do our share
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #961 on: March 31, 2019, 06:25:08 PM »
With the run Barnsley have been on to pull away from Pompey and Sunderland in the rave for Championship promotion, should we be looking at Daniel Stendel? Young German manager, good coaching upbringing in Germany.

Is Jokanovic doesn't work out and if we don't have any obvious candidates, I reckon we could get him to come withiut too much difficulty.
Boing Boing

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #962 on: March 31, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

Would honestly rather have Pardew back than him.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #963 on: March 31, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »

Hopefully not. Made the sarky ' There a great little club arnt they' after he chose Villa over us.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »
Hopefully not. Made the sarky ' There a great little club arnt they' after he chose Villa over us.

He never chose them over us. He was never offered our job.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #966 on: March 31, 2019, 09:15:25 PM »
With the run Barnsley have been on to pull away from Pompey and Sunderland in the rave for Championship promotion, should we be looking at Daniel Stendel? Young German manager, good coaching upbringing in Germany.

Is Jokanovic doesn't work out and if we don't have any obvious candidates, I reckon we could get him to come withiut too much difficulty.
Yeah I saw the football focus item on Barnsley yesterday - we could probably do a lot worse. He's using a high energy pressing style at Barnsley and using a lot of young players to play that way. This could be the way we should be looking. To play that way the training is very intense (triple sessions as with Klopp). It would surely mean the end of Barry, Morrison, Brunt for a start. We look as though we're on the verge of having 5 or 6 young players coming into serious reckoning for the 1st team from next year, if we are prepared to give them a chance. Why not have the inevitable clear-out (assuming we don't go up), supplement our own youngsters with some other signings/loans suited to high energy style. Possible issue is we'd probably need to be patient enough to give a manager 2 years to get us up...as Norwich have done with Farke.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #967 on: March 31, 2019, 10:19:20 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-vacancy-tim-7248125

Article says no one has been offered the job, add to that that it is in the Birmingham snail rarely gets anything Albion right.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #968 on: April 01, 2019, 01:57:12 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/31/west-brom-will-offer-james-shan-chance-to-add-two-new-faces-to-coaching-staff/

From the above it would seem that Shan has it to the end of the season and will be able to bring in some experienced support on a temporary basis next week.

To be honest at least that puts things to bed for the time being we have up to 10 games to go we are playing pretty basic football the squad is a mess at least the new guy can come in with a clean sheet and rebuild whichever division we are in.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #969 on: April 01, 2019, 07:47:39 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/31/west-brom-will-offer-james-shan-chance-to-add-two-new-faces-to-coaching-staff/

From the above it would seem that Shan has it to the end of the season and will be able to bring in some experienced support on a temporary basis next week.

To be honest at least that puts things to bed for the time being we have up to 10 games to go we are playing pretty basic football the squad is a mess at least the new guy can come in with a clean sheet and rebuild whichever division we are in.
I posted last week that if SJ or the like can't be tempted then sticking with Shan until the Summer is the best option. There's a lot of names linked from the merry go round that frighten me in all honesty and would only lead to another mess and more chopping and changing at this point.
I always felt Moore and especially Jones were making it more difficult than it had to be on the pitch so its no surprise a more simple plan under Shan is winning games.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #970 on: April 01, 2019, 08:38:47 AM »
Article says no one has been offered the job, add to that that it is in the Birmingham snail rarely gets anything Albion right.

I just read that whole article thinking it had been written today. Dear god I need a lie down

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #971 on: April 01, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
From the game vs B'ham it was clear that Shan went back to the future.  It worked on Friday evening but I thought that there was the same problem in keeping ageing midfielders on the pitch beyond their reserves of stamina.  That tackle by Brunt towards the end might not have been tactical genius but that of a desperately tired player being given the run-around.  Would it have been genius if Brum had scored from it just as they had from two previous set pieces?

Nevertheless I don't feel that there is any point in making knee-jerk appointments.  Let's see how Shan develops over these last games.  We can choose a manager when we know which division we're in.  I agree with those who say it's difficult (though not impossible with sufficient funds) to line up the manager of your choice to take over as soon as you have sacked the current boss.

Finally not even sure we would be ready for the EPL without a rebuild that would take more than a summer break.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #972 on: April 01, 2019, 11:17:25 AM »
Finally not even sure we would be ready for the EPL without a rebuild that would take more than a summer break.

Agree with all of that - especially this bit.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #973 on: April 01, 2019, 12:54:19 PM »
There would be a massive rebuild to perform if we managed to go up, no doubt. I would still love it to happen though. If we stay down for another season do we really think we would be more ready for the step up in 12 months time? I doubt it personally. No, lets get up somehow and then worry!

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #974 on: April 01, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »
Allardyce’s odds have dropped massively today, now favourite. He’d probably get us up tbf but surely nothing more than a 3 month contract!