Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 724426 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
100% record??

He's managed two professional games !!

If Shan is appointed then it is cheap & lazy.

No it buys us time. He may have been in charge for only two games (admitted) but he's won both. He's clearly not absolutely useless, and is perfectly capable of guiding us at least until we get to the stage where we need to re-evaluate the squad. He can't do that now, we have to work with what we have.What new manager is going to know the squad better than Jimmy Shan?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #726 on: March 20, 2019, 01:33:04 PM »
Joke. Maybe it’s true that Moore either let Jones go or went with him. Only justication.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #727 on: March 20, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »
Well this is just turning in to an utter embarrassment, after the way Moore was treated I'm no longer surprised by the sheer incompetence of the board.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #728 on: March 20, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »
Joke. Maybe it’s true that Moore either let Jones go or went with him. Only justication.

I wonder if that conversation went along the lines of, we don't have any decent fit wide midfielders the ones you signed are rubbish we can aim for the play-offs a best.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #729 on: March 20, 2019, 01:38:41 PM »
Very disappointing if true. The one saving grace is that Shan is much better tactically than than Moore/Jones and will be an upgrade albeit not the one we were all hoping for. If stories are to be believed, Shan setup the team for the last few games of last season despite DM being given the lions share of praise. Maybe this is the reason that the board are showing so much faith in Shan. As long as we stay tight at the back and keep clean sheets and concede less from poor defensive organisation and suicidal passing out from the back, our quality going forward will take care of the rest.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »

You're trying to tell me that Jimmy Shan could win every game from now till the end of the season then one defeat in the play off final is because we don't have a "proper" manager in place. No, doesn't make any sense at all.

The blunt truth is we all know this is the cheapest get out for the club and yet again we throw a rookie under the bus knowing full well at some point he will be binned off with the rest of them yet those above play the we won’t bankrupt the club and everyone swoons at them . It’s about time they provided some answers instead of hiding .

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »
No it buys us time. He may have been in charge for only two games (admitted) but he's won both. He's clearly not absolutely useless, and is perfectly capable of guiding us at least until we get to the stage where we need to re-evaluate the squad. He can't do that now, we have to work with what we have.What new manager is going to know the squad better than Jimmy Shan?

He would & should be involved in the new set up - alongside a permanent head coach.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
The blunt truth is we all know this is the cheapest get out for the club and yet again we throw a rookie under the bus knowing full well at some point he will be binned off with the rest of them yet those above play the we won’t bankrupt the club and everyone swoons at them . It’s about time they provided some answers instead of hiding .

It's nothing to do with "cheap". Honestly, that's just a "cheap" (sorry  ;D) shot based on ignorance and conforming to the current popular theory circulating amongst fans that are making assessments based on nothing concrete just their natural negativity which is something that is commonplace generally among Albion fans who always play everything down. Contrast that with Villa / Wolves fans who are the complete opposite they always talk their clubs up, yes, at times ridiculously but that's the difference in mentality.

Bottom line FACt here that no-one can argue with because it is 100% FACT. Shan two games, two wins.

There is no need to constantly look at the negative.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2019, 01:50:38 PM »

We don't need to buy time. We need to buy the services of an actual football manager for what are likely to be the 3 most important games this club has played for a decade. We cannot rely on a novice in the play offs. The 2nd half of Appletons match against West Ham is enough to tell you that.

Very blasé stance you are taking here.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:00 PM »

We don't need to buy time. We need to buy the services of an actual football manager for what are likely to be the 3 most important games this club has played for a decade. We cannot rely on a novice in the play offs. The 2nd half of Appletons match against West Ham is enough to tell you that.

So, if we can't get Jokanovic for whatever reason what then? Appoint someone we don't want for the sake of it? Appoint Allardyce because he's available and a "proper" manager.?

There's no need to panic, there really isn't.

PS! Appleton has nothing to do with this situation now whatsoever................ unless we appoint him as manager of course.

Just keep calm folks.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2019, 01:55:48 PM »

So, if we can't get Jokanovic for whatever reason what then? Appoint someone we don't want for the sake of it? Appoint Allardyce because he's available and a "proper" manager.?

There's no need to panic, there really isn't.

PS! Appleton has nothing to do with this situation now whatsoever................ unless we appoint him as manager of course.

Just keep calm folks.

Allardyce until the end of the season would be eminently preferable to sticking with Shan.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2019, 02:02:51 PM »
Why? He's right.

No he isn't.

Allardyce? There's 2,000 off the gate for a start. Wolves man. Do you not remember Ron Saunders and Brian Little?

Allardyce would be a disaster an absolute, catastrophic disaster which would tear the club apart.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2019, 02:04:43 PM »
The biggest fear for me with this route is IF Shan (and supporting coaches) get us promoted, then they would be in a very strong position to get the job fulltime. The whole situation is the same thing that happened this time last year with DM.

As I understand it (from Matt Wilson), it was GL who wanted DM as Head Coach, the board wanted to appoint Dean Smith.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »

Abso  bloody lutely  its just plain negligent to not give Shan every support at such a crucial time. 

In fact if it transpires that this is the "plan" every director should be summarily dismissed by the chairman for gross negligence.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2019, 02:20:16 PM »
Why has my post been deleted that states quite correctly that the chairman doesn't have the power to sack directors?

I stated it is nonsense and it is so where is the offence?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #740 on: March 20, 2019, 02:21:03 PM »
Why has my post been deleted that states quite correctly that the chairman doesn't have the power to sack directors?

I am guessing the manner in which you are currently putting your points across...

"Support the decision to appoint Shan or you are talking nonsense".

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #741 on: March 20, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
I am guessing the manner in which you are currently putting your points across...

"Support the decision to appoint Shan or you are talking nonsense".

I didn't say that, read back.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #742 on: March 20, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »

I didn't say that, read back.

I can't your post got bombed  ;D

I have no issue with you wanting Shan appointed. You cite his record of 2 games 2 wins, but ultimately Darren had a fantastic record at the back end of last season, he was still a terrible head coach. Jacko, and I back him on it, stated that appointing an experienced manager until the end of the season would be a better alternative, even if that was an Allardyce, purely for the fact that big game decision making is something garnered over time. If it came to the crunch in a play off semi final, I would not back Shan to have the requisite experience to make the right calls.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #743 on: March 20, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »
I can't your post got bombed  ;D

I have no issue with you wanting Shan appointed. You cite his record of 2 games 2 wins, but ultimately Darren had a fantastic record at the back end of last season, he was still a terrible head coach. Jacko, and I back him on it, stated that appointing an experienced manager until the end of the season would be a better alternative, even if that was an Allardyce, purely for the fact that big game decision making is something garnered over time. If it came to the crunch in a play off semi final, I would not back Shan to have the requisite experience to make the right calls.

I don't necessarily WANT Shan appointed I just don't see the need to hurry as things are far from desperate that is all. I'm not some Shan groupie or anything like that I just think people need to stop, think and keep things in perspective. Some people are acting like there's some sort of crisis. I don't see any crisis here by a long way.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:03 PM »

I stated it is nonsense and it is so where is the offence?

Lai isnt the chairman is he?

Plus to be fair I think Albionic probably meant Lai should sack the senior managers and executive directors which I imagine as owner he can, rather than other shareholding directors.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #745 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
Lai isnt the chairman is he?

Plus to be fair I think Albionic probably meant Lai should sack the senior managers and executive directors which I imagine as owner he can, rather than other shareholding directors.

No, Lai is the owner.

Li Piyue is the chairman or nearest we have to it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:37:39 PM by Atomic »

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #746 on: March 20, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »

I don't necessarily WANT Shan appointed I just don't see the need to hurry as things are far from desperate that is all. I'm not some Shan groupie or anything like that I just think people need to stop, think and keep things in perspective. Some people are acting like there's some sort of crisis. I don't see any crisis here by a long way.

I don't think anyone necessarily sees crisis, I think they see it more the way I have seen it all season, that this season, with this squad of players, is our best chance of getting back to the Premier League because if we fail to do so, it will need a complete rebuild next season and our owner shows no sign of putting in the requisite funds to make it a rebuild full of quality. So with this in mind, giving ourselves the best chance of getting up in the play offs has to be the current remit and the inexperienced Shan, for me and many others I assume, is not the man for the occasion, much as I would want nothing more than to be proven wrong were he given the role.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #747 on: March 20, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »
Posts which are accusing others of talking rubbish, nonsense or advising others to give their heads a wobble are being removed.

If it continues then there's 7 day bans, regardless of who you are or how long you have been a member on this forum.

If we're going to have these discussions - lets do it properly. 
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #748 on: March 20, 2019, 03:00:44 PM »
I just don't really see what fantastic advantage a new manager can bring things right now with 8 + 2/3 to go, given the state of our squad.  Brunt and Morrison have come in for stick at times, but they, along with Dawson, Hegazi, Gibbs, Rodriguez, Gayle, Phillips and Barry know what they are doing on a football pitch and I can't see a new set of tactics having time to bed in - more likely to just confuse the issue.  Brunt looked like a leader on the pitch again at Brentford, so as long as Shan can make logical plain vanilla subs when needed, give the players a bit of licence to play.  Make a calm appointment for next season in whatever division later.  Tin hat on now.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #749 on: March 20, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »
Alan Buckley was seen at the Hawthorne’s in talks to take over until the end of the season, excellent appointment.