Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718303 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #325 on: March 11, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
Whatever the rights and wrongs of Darren Moore's sacking i find it quite astonishing that we didnt have somebody ready to start work today.

With them sacking Moore when they did it appears time is of the essence, the players wouldnt of been in yesterday due to playing satuday, they would be in today and the new man should of been there to start getting his ideas over today and tomorrow ahead of the game wednesday.

The players wont train thursday because of playing the night before so if the new manager is unveiled wednesday, he will get one days training ahead of the Brentford game which will be friday and training the day before a game is always low key, we have ten games left and the new bloke will almost certainly have little say on the next two which then leaves 8 games.

Assuming Moores criteria was automatic promotion (which now as it looks unlikely would seem to the reason he was sacked) surely whoever was coming in needed as many games as possible to galvanise this supposedly failing squad? Instead whoever comes in has no input for pretty much two games anyway!

Jimmy Shan was a main man in the same coaching team as Moore so he will be pretty much doing exactly the same thing which begs the question if you didnt have a replacement lined up ready to start, why sack Moore when he is more likely to get a tune out the players than a stand in coach who has also worked with the players all season?!

It would seem the decision was made after the Leeds game, last week should of been spent speaking to potential new coaches and decision made before the Ipswich game, we can talk about pride, morals and dignity of respecting the man in charge but our board lost all evidence of that a long time ago, everyone knows it happens in football, most times replacement managers are in place ahead of the man been sacked.

Yet again just goes to show what a joke and embarrassment we now are as a club.

The latest rumours, suggest we're considering an interim manager until the end of the season.
I'm not sure what the legal or financial implications are for discussing a contract for a new manager while the encumbent is still in place.

James Shan, was part of DM's team at the end of last season, allegedly, he is tactically very good, & had a major part to play in the last 6 games.
I think now that Jones has gone, we'll see a different approach on Wednesday. wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Pulis style set-up,
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #326 on: March 11, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »
Not looking good. We are already close to one of the fixtures that we sacked Moore so that we could win. Need new manager in tomorrow for any of this to make sense.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #327 on: March 11, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
IF the express and star are right and we are going short term, why change Moore in the first place? Were things that bad in the club?

Just pay the money Albion, stop messing around and get Jokanovic in. He is the only choice that would make me sort of accept that removing Moore was worth it.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #328 on: March 11, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »
We are really a naughty word about of a club aren't we?
I'm surprised anyone's interested at all.
If the hierarchy know who they want just do the deed and get him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #329 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »
My biggest concern for this group of players would be will they respect Shan enough to listen.

They showed with their efforts under Pulis and Pardew that if they dont want to play, they wont.

I dont think they could be accused of a lack of effort under Moore, i just dont think they were good enough (my opinion) but i wouldnt put it past them to take it easy til the new man comes in, i hope i am wrong though.

I think Shan is well respected and if things with appointing a new manager don't go well, I would be content to see him in place till the end of the season. I think the players liked big Dave as a man, but I suspect they knew he was not tactically up to the job, the whistling from the side lines fooled no one.
Baggie in Southampton

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #330 on: March 11, 2019, 09:22:31 PM »
Here are the odds for who will fill the The Hawthorns hotset, via SkyBet and Jokanovic odds on!

Slavisa Jokanovic 1/3
David Moyes 5/1
Derek McInnes 10/1
Gary Rowett 10/1
Lee Johnson 10/1
Alex Neil 12/1
Sam Allardyce 12/1
David Wagner 14/1
Aitor Karanka 16/1
Michael Appleton 16/1
Carlos Carvalhal 18/1
Nigel Pearson 18/1
Harry Redknapp 20/1
Mark Hughes 20/1
Alan Pardew 25/1
Garry Monk 25/1
Paul Cook 25/1
Paul Hurst 25/1
Richie Wellens 25/1
Steve Clarke 25/1
Tony Mowbray 25/1
Claude Puel 28/1
Slaven Bilic 28/1
Craig Shakespeare 33/1
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »
Shan is rumoured to be a good coach and i hope he does well.

However he is the last man standing with the others being sacked and he is likely to be sacked or demoted when the new man comes in (any manager coming in is in a strong negotiating position due to our desperation to make the premier league and i would imagine is reluctant to have staff picked for him unless it is temporary appointment until the summer)

i do worry there is a big risk that a group who have previous for downing tools will disrespect Shan and do the same which makes it all the more bizarre we are prepared to take that risk for a couple of games when we are seemingly so desperate.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2019, 09:28:35 PM »
Slavan Bilic?

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
Of the names mentioned I only want Jokanovic. I then want the incumbent to never pick Jake Livermore, Kyle Bartley or Jay Rodriguez ever again. At a push you could add Johnstone to this also. We badly need to move away from below average triers.
add brunt and kanu and we may start to get somewhere

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2019, 09:38:28 PM »
It’s clear now why he wasn’t include in the betting

Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid reappoint Frenchman to replace Santiago Solari

Oh well, next time ah Zinedine!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »
Shan is rumoured to be a good coach and i hope he does well.

However he is the last man standing with the others being sacked and he is likely to be sacked or demoted when the new man comes in (any manager coming in is in a strong negotiating position due to our desperation to make the premier league and i would imagine is reluctant to have staff picked for him unless it is temporary appointment until the summer)

i do worry there is a big risk that a group who have previous for downing tools will disrespect Shan and do the same which makes it all the more bizarre we are prepared to take that risk for a couple of games when we are seemingly so desperate.

Can't see them downing tools, if they're on a £10 million promotion bonus.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »
Slavan Bilic?

Not a bad shout. Didn’t we want to speak to him when he got sacked from West Ham?

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2019, 09:46:02 PM »
i would like to think that too but they downed tools last season and got themselves a 50 per cent pay cut!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2019, 09:46:31 PM »

Can't see them downing tools, if they're on a £10 million promotion bonus.

Nor me, I don't think they were in any way downing tools, I think there was lack of belief in the tactics, must have been very awkward for them, liking big Dave, but knowing he was not up the job.
Baggie in Southampton

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »
 I gain the impression from reading various media reports that David Wagner would probably be our favoured choice if he was available this season, which sadly he is not. We probably wouldn’t want a caretaker appointment with an important promotion push ahead - unless, of course, we could persuade Harry Redknapp to take on this role until the end of the season when Wagner would take over. Wagner is certainly my favoured option.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:52:45 PM by royhan »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »
Huddersfield played some of the worst football known to man, barely threatening a goal in the top division. Also we want someone who would jump at the job. He ruled himself out the other day, this is just Matt Wilson creating column inches. Jokanovic is clearly the preferred target.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »
I gain the impression from reading various media reports that David Wagner would probably be our favoured choice if he was available this season, which sadly he is not. We probably wouldn’t want a caretaker appointment with an important promotion push ahead - unless, of course, we could persuade Harry Redknapp to take on this role until the end of the season when Wagner would take over. Wagner is certainly my favoured option.

Its one of them with a caretaker.. if they do well do they then get the job permanently and we end up in a DM situation again when there would have been preffered options becoming available in the summer. Very difficult decision for the powers that be considering how vital it is we now pick up form

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2019, 09:56:40 PM »

I would rather let Shan see out the season than have Harry Redknapp managing  the club.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »
Huddersfield played some of the worst football known to man, barely threatening a goal in the top division. Also we want someone who would jump at the job. He ruled himself out the other day, this is just Matt Wilson creating column inches. Jokanovic is clearly the preferred target.

The only two people who would jump at the job, Appleton & Mcinnes you don't want.

Jokanovic is clearly the target, but we might be miles apart on contract  terms.

Must admit, I had my doubts, but Matt Wilson seems pretty confident about the interim manager comment.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: March 11, 2019, 10:09:57 PM »
We are really a naughty word about of a club aren't we?
I'm surprised anyone's interested at all.
If the hierarchy know who they want just do the deed and get him
? I dont think so.
For all we know Jokanovic's contract could be being drawn up.
Jenkins wont pay compensation, true, but I expect a swift appointment as I do believe Sheff U and Leeds games showed what many have suspected and gave us an answer as to how the play offs (unless we slipped out) would have gone.The board knew then that Darren Moore was out of his depth.
Fickle game this

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #345 on: March 11, 2019, 10:18:39 PM »
Not a bad shout. Didn’t we want to speak to him when he got sacked from West Ham?
I have a couple of friends who like the Hammers. They thought Bilic was useless and couldn't wait for him to go.
Void of ideas and plays people out of position, sound familiar?

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »
So we are looking for someone with Championship experience, preferably success with promotion.
Someone with Premiership experience, can gain the respect of the team and isn't afraid to change things up.
Anyone know what Gary Megson is doing?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
So we are looking for someone with Championship experience, preferably success with promotion.
Someone with Premiership experience, can gain the respect of the team and isn't afraid to change things up.
Anyone know what Gary Megson is doing?
The only man......if we are doing interim
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2019, 10:35:55 PM »
Purely guess work but I’d expect Jokovich is our target and that we have been discussing terms with him but are trying to keep the cost down. His agent has probably quoted us silly money / massive promotion bonus and we’re probably leaking other names to the press to give the impression with have other options to try to get a better deal with him. All part and parcel of the madness of football. By letting it be known we can go short term and then Wagner we give Jokovich agent food for thought, still reckon it’s him we want. This board room stuff is always smoke and mirrors.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
I had to search Shan and West Bromwich Albion..At least now I understand that hew he is now first team coach...Please everybody bring us all up to date.