Author Topic: 7 Dec 2018 Albion 2 Aston Villa 2  (Read 64775 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Banned flag in villa end
« Reply #400 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Should fans submit requests to you in writing next time when considering what figures in the game they wish to respect?
My god where have you popped up from we don't need vila supporters giving it large on here go back to where you've been hiding for two years.

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #401 on: December 10, 2018, 01:16:36 PM »
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that to bring a flag/banner into the ground it has to have a fire safety certificate with it.

Could that be where the problem arose?

I was just going to say the same. I've got a flag and every ground we take it before allowing it in the stewards want to know what's on it and for proof of the fire safety certificate.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #402 on: December 10, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »
Flags also banned at a big rugby game too on H&S grounds, this time 1500 of them
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/early-controversy-at-leinster-bath-match-as-flags-banned-from-rec/

BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #403 on: December 10, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
Wake up to the situation.  The beef i have with Vila is they turn the tap on and off regarding WBA-Villa rivalry.  You are talking about the oldest derby in world football.

I get that we'll never mean as much as Small Heath.  However most Villans just completely contradict themselves.  Its a derby we dont want flags like that when Cyrille in the main was an Albion man.

Absolute load of claptrap

Im all for them repsecting one of our players who also played for them.....it was respectful what they had done not disrespectful!

The oldest derby in world football is sheffield fc v hallam
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #404 on: December 10, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
Absolute load of claptrap

Im all for them repsecting one of our players who also played for them.....it was respectful what they had done not disrespectful!

The oldest derby in world football is sheffield fc v hallam

Fine but i will never change my own viewpoint.

We wil wait for February at Villa Park to see how partisan and hostile it is from about 38,000 Villa fans.  Remember though it's not really a derby according to them

Your comment about Sheffield-Hallam is just to try and prove a point.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:13:48 PM by OldburyWBA »

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #405 on: December 10, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
I was just going to say the same. I've got a flag and every ground we take it before allowing it in the stewards want to know what's on it and for proof of the fire safety certificate.

Thanks for confirming mate, I was pretty sure I read it somewhere.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #406 on: December 10, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
Fine but i will never change my own viewpoint.

We wil wait for February at Villa Park to see how partisan and hostile it is from about 38,000 Villa fans.  Remember though it's not really a derby according to them

Your comment about Sheffield-Hallam is just to try and prove a point.

There will probably be about 29.000 villa fans and 3,000 of us like most other times they play us. They only get 38,000-40,000 Home fans when they play blues.

Some awful comments in this thread about what was a cracking banner and cracking idea from some villa fans

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: December 10, 2018, 09:09:23 PM »
There will probably be about 29.000 villa fans and 3,000 of us like most other times they play us. They only get 38,000-40,000 Home fans when they play blues.

Some awful comments in this thread about what was a cracking banner and cracking idea from some villa fans

Wrong.  What will happen is Villa will win the majority of their games and gates will soar to the 40,000+ mark regularly.  I’d almost guarantee the crowd will be 42,000 for WBA.  They are a big club no doubt. 

Maybe the flag idea was to soften us up and potentially nullify a raucous home crowd, who knows?  What I do know is that Villans aren’t consist with their opinions/actions therefore I wouldn’t trust one when you’re solely talking football.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »
A well intentioned gesture, to try to turn it into anything else is pretty pathetic in my opinion
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #409 on: December 12, 2018, 06:28:53 AM »
Wrong.  What will happen is Villa will win the majority of their games and gates will soar to the 40,000+ mark regularly.  I’d almost guarantee the crowd will be 42,000 for WBA.  They are a big club no doubt. 

Maybe the flag idea was to soften us up and potentially nullify a raucous home crowd, who knows?  What I do know is that Villans aren’t consist with their opinions/actions therefore I wouldn’t trust one when you’re solely talking football.
They arnt a big club where I live , in fact in football areas they are only big in the Midlands and east Anglia,  going off support .oh yea and that football hot bed Devon and Cornwall
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:12:50 AM by mank baggie »