Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283048 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #850 on: May 07, 2019, 11:11:15 PM »
Always undisclosed. Are any deals these as ever fully disclosed?

Surprised HMRC let clubs get away with it. No wonder the fair play rules are just flouted.

;D

This tickled me

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »
Is he in the squad for the playoffs?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:13 PM »
Is he in the squad for the playoffs?

Not eligible

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #853 on: May 08, 2019, 03:20:00 PM »
Always undisclosed. Are any deals these as ever fully disclosed?

Surprised HMRC let clubs get away with it. No wonder the fair play rules are just flouted.

undisclosed to the media, has to be in the detailed accounts though, HMRC will know whats been agreed, unless brown paper bags have been exchanged of course.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #854 on: May 08, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »
undisclosed to the media, has to be in the detailed accounts though, HMRC will know whats been agreed, unless brown paper bags have been exchanged of course.

Always undisclosed, but then the press are told a clear b record singing of so and so in order for to go wow, I'll buy my season ticket now.

That and the constant link to signing William Carvalho was the season ticket marketing tactic.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #855 on: May 09, 2019, 08:57:10 AM »
Featured regularly for Rodgers, hardly getting any game time under Lennon.

Rodgers wont be taking him to Leicester with the wingers they have there, so I could imagine he will be returning to us in the summer.

With the possible high number of outgoings, I wouldn't be surprised to see the club give him another crack, especially if we remain in the championship.

We wouldn't get anywhere near what we have paid for him.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #856 on: May 09, 2019, 09:00:51 AM »
Chap I know at work is a celtic fan, asked him what he thought of Burke and he just burst out laughing........

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: May 09, 2019, 09:02:09 AM »
Can he still play for us (if needed) in the play offs, or officially still with Celtic until June 1st??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: May 09, 2019, 09:06:39 AM »
Can he still play for us (if needed) in the play offs, or officially still with Celtic until June 1st??

I believe the squads for the Play-offs are simply the same as the ones registered at the end of January. So no, he's not eligible.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #859 on: May 09, 2019, 09:33:58 AM »

I would say rthat he is not needed. Has not been here all season so why would James and Co take a chance on him with the two games coming up.
MAGA!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »
How did we spend a reported 15 million on this lad, definitely gone backwards since his loan move to Celtic. First touch is atrocious, movement of the ball is non existent and body language is poor.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »
How did we spend a reported 15 million on this lad, definitely gone backwards since his loan move to Celtic. First touch is atrocious, movement of the ball is non existent and body language is poor.

You would hope it wasn't £15m up front, but based on installments and appearances. Would hope you hasn't cost us more than £5m so far.

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #862 on: May 19, 2019, 04:12:39 PM »
Started and hooked at h/t for Celtic today. Watched the first half to see how he was looking. Money down the drain.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #863 on: May 19, 2019, 04:16:59 PM »
I've posted before on here I felt he left Forest far too soon , barely started developing before being shipped off to Germany .
There's a lot to be said for a couple of seasons under your belt.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #864 on: May 19, 2019, 06:31:26 PM »
Lads , lets just be careful with accusations regarding transfers deals and who did what . Please don't leave this site open to legal action.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #865 on: May 19, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »
Let's put it this way the transfer made no logic at the time and it got a lot worse over time. The player has bombed out under 5 different coaches here and at Celtic. I cannot see where he goes from here. The fee is close to a 100% right off I don't know who was reponsible for it but they aren't here any more so there is nothing to be done for it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:24:23 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #866 on: May 19, 2019, 09:31:59 PM »
Let's put it this way the transfer made no logic at the time and it got a lot worse over time. The player has bombed out under 5 different coaches here and at Celtic. I cannot see where he goes from here. The fee is close to a 100% right off I don't know who was reponsible for it but they aren't here any more so there is no is nothing to be done for it.

Doesn't matter what happened to facilitate this deal, the truth is it was a lack control by the hiercachy of the club that let it happen.

The disinterested/incompetent Williams, Goodman and Hammond should have questioned and stopped the deal.

Too much power give Pulis and his never been relegated record.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #867 on: May 19, 2019, 10:21:19 PM »
Celtic fans to a man have said he has been awful after a decent start. Depending on how long he has left in his contract, I think a league 1 loan move for 6 months would be the best thing for him.
Boing Boing

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2019, 06:24:34 AM »
Its funny, i dont remember many cristicising the deal when we signed hin.  "Young and upcoming", "incredible talent", etc.  Some young players just never push on unfortunately.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #869 on: May 20, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
He needs to start again.

In our position and in his position, he'd and we'd be wise to try to find a player in there.

Can we get a coach who can do that? Does he want to be a decent footballer ?

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #870 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32:49 AM »
Leipzig also bought him for 15m so I'm not sure I can go along with this why on earth did we buy him, clearly there is some talent there. He just seems to have regressed if anything since his breakthrough.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone will still gamble on him, though nothing like the money we spent - which as said was hopefully heavily clause based.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #871 on: May 20, 2019, 12:29:33 PM »
Leipzig also bought him for 15m so I'm not sure I can go along with this why on earth did we buy him, clearly there is some talent there. He just seems to have regressed if anything since his breakthrough.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone will still gamble on him, though nothing like the money we spent - which as said was hopefully heavily clause based.

I'm not sure how long he's contracted for, but as I understand it, the transfer fee is written down over the term of the contract. So he won't have a "book value" of £15 million now.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: May 20, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
I'm not sure how long he's contracted for, but as I understand it, the transfer fee is written down over the term of the contract. So he won't have a "book value" of £15 million now.

Yeah, that's how it's done for accounting purposes.

The player is treated as an employee; it's his registration that's treated as an asset. So the transfer fee becomes depreciation against the length of that contract.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #873 on: May 20, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »
So I did get to see him play for Forest on a couple of occasions.  In their squad he did look good at the time, and clearly Leipzig thought so as well.  In his brief appearances for us I have also seen flashes of good (but not brilliant) play.  Like all footballers he will play on confidence and I can imagine how horrible it must feel to go from hero to being loathed in eighteen months.  We need a coaching team and manager who can get him back to where he was/should be.  If we sell we realise a significant loss which would go straight against profit.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #874 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
So ILike all footballers he will play on confidence and I can imagine how horrible it must feel to go from hero to being loathed in eighteen months.  We need a coaching team and manager who can get him back to where he was/should be.  did get to see him play for Forest on a couple of occasions.  In their squad he did look good at the time, and clearly Leipzig thought so as well.  In his brief appearances for us I have also seen flashes of good (but not brilliant) play.  If we sell we realise a significant loss which would go straight against profit.

That for me is key, he just never got a decent run of games. I do think that he is better than he has shown for us so far. Where to play him is the other quandry as he often plays through the middle for Scotland (not sure where Celtic played him) so do we use him there, out wide or just behind a front striker?