Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243696 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #7900 on: February 08, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »
Cheers Villa, nod to Henderson also  ;)

I knew I didn't hate them  :P :P :P :P :P
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7901 on: February 13, 2019, 08:22:38 PM »
How bad are they?  Never seen such an impact of losing 1 player on the whole team.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7902 on: February 13, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »
Tonight seems to have tipped the scales on Smith Out. Didn't McFickle say he'd be back about now? We HAVE to beat these Saturday, not because of our little one sided rivalry ,  but because they're utterly pooh.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7903 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »
They are utter trash.  Smith has got 13pts from the last 12 games.  We need to get at them from the start.  An early goal and their fans will be on their backs.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7904 on: February 13, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »
Tonight seems to have tipped the scales on Smith Out. Didn't McFickle say he'd be back about now? We HAVE to beat these Saturday, not because of our little one sided rivalry ,  but because they're utterly pooh.

HaHa, says he who lives 90 miles away  ::) you really have no idea.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7905 on: February 13, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »
HaHa, says he who lives 90 miles away  ::) you really have no idea.

Totally agree, they claim not to care but I know plenty who care a lot.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7906 on: February 13, 2019, 11:23:52 PM »
Has anyone watched Quest tonight ? apparantely Dean Ashton said West Brom fans must feel a bit agrieved after seeing Tammy Abraham taking an un-natural dive to try to get a penalty, anyone see the dive ?

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7907 on: February 14, 2019, 06:35:56 AM »
Has anyone watched Quest tonight ? apparantely Dean Ashton said West Brom fans must feel a bit agrieved after seeing Tammy Abraham taking an un-natural dive to try to get a penalty, anyone see the dive ?

Yeah I saw it, defenders foot is planted & Abraham initiates contact with his foot in like a hooking movement, goes down like a dying swan but Refs not having any of it, I think if the penalty had been given (Smith said it was a definite pen afterwards  ::) plank!) we would be debating the similarities with Gayles. 

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7908 on: February 14, 2019, 06:51:18 AM »
Totally agree, they claim not to care but I know plenty who care a lot.

Absolutely, I know plenty who hate us with a passion.
I think Jacko would rather have a rivalry with a club 80 miles from where he lives, then admit we have one with a club 3 miles away, don't want to open this debate AGAIN but in my lifetime the vile has always been our biggest derby, in my formative years the dings were an inconsequential little club getting 5k crowds & begging for their existence, fully admire where they are now & the way they are going about their  business, not trying to strangle the life out of football as we did under a previous manager.     

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7909 on: February 14, 2019, 03:31:14 PM »
The vile are the ones we hate the most as it's a couple of miles away, I'm sure you'd get the the seal park quicker from our ground than from saint andrews too.

The Dings are over 12 miles away.

The dingle derby only gained a significance after Bull and Thompson left us and their new team finally reached a high enough level to play us again, which then was basically every year then for a long time.

Historically too, the WBA v Vile game was classed as the Derby of the Midlands.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7910 on: February 14, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »
The vile are the ones we hate the most as it's a couple of miles away, I'm sure you'd get the the seal park quicker from our ground than from saint andrews too.

The Dings are over 12 miles away.

The dingle derby only gained a significance after Bull and Thompson left us and their new team finally reached a high enough level to play us again, which then was basically every year then for a long time.

Historically too, the WBA v Vile game was classed as the Derby of the Midlands.

You that should say, obviously many others as well.

Definitely not for me.

I do feel a bit sorry for those who main Rivals are the villa as it’s not pure hatred from both sides. The majority of them see blues as their main rivals where as when you go to molineux it’s pure hatred from both sides and makes for a real tense atmosphere.

Villa Park on the other hand has had 5-10k empty seats against us many times where as you can’t get a ticket anytime Blues turn up there. I don’t think villa have sold out for Saturday yet have they? All gone about a week before when they played villa.

Just seems a whole different experience going to villa park compared to the molineux

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7911 on: February 14, 2019, 03:58:00 PM »
You that should say, obviously many others as well.

Definitely not for me.

I do feel a bit sorry for those who main Rivals are the villa as it’s not pure hatred from both sides. The majority of them see blues as their main rivals where as when you go to molineux it’s pure hatred from both sides and makes for a real tense atmosphere.

Villa Park on the other hand has had 5-10k empty seats against us many times where as you can’t get a ticket anytime Blues turn up there. I don’t think villa have sold out for Saturday yet have they? All gone about a week before when they played villa.

Just seems a whole different experience going to villa park compared to the molineux

Agreed, I don't doubt some Albion fans hatred of Villa, I just know it's not reciprocated.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7912 on: February 14, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
I think it's down to the catchment area really.  Geographically, left to right, you get....
Wolves...West Brom...Villa...Birmingham

So we're squished between Wolves and Villa.  I'm more from Black Country side so the rivalry is more with Wolves.  I guess if you're closer to Birmingham it would be Villa.  And explains why we don't really have that much rivalry with Birmingham.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7913 on: February 14, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
Nobody in Great Barr knew where wolverhampton was when i was a lad, they were just some club in the 4th division!

Witton town on the other hand !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7914 on: February 14, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
All my Villa mates hate us, the ones under 30 years old hate blues more but they still hate us.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7915 on: February 14, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »
I think it's down to the catchment area really.  Geographically, left to right, you get....
Wolves...West Brom...Villa...Birmingham

So we're squished between Wolves and Villa.  I'm more from Black Country side so the rivalry is more with Wolves.  I guess if you're closer to Birmingham it would be Villa.  And explains why we don't really have that much rivalry with Birmingham.
This. I'm from the Black Country and it's definitely Wolves, always has been in my 40 odd years supporting. I only knew 2 Villa fans growing up.

Live in Great Barr now, however and it's definitely Villa, don't think I've even seen a Dingle over here.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7916 on: February 14, 2019, 04:28:04 PM »
My comment that kicked this off wasn't about whether Albions true rivals were Villa or Wolves, but that of the two clubs, only one is bothered by us (and it's not Villa).

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7917 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »
Grew up in Smethwick and not from a football family so when i first went down the Albion in 67 i would have said who? to both wolves and vila as they were in the lower league .
Started work in 69 around Birmingham and its then i became aware of the arrogant pooh from Witton who were giving it large even though they were bottom of Div 2 and about to go into Div 3.
Hate the scum with a passion.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7918 on: February 14, 2019, 04:39:48 PM »
My comment that kicked this off wasn't about whether Albions true rivals were Villa or Wolves, but that of the two clubs, only one is bothered by us (and it's not Villa).

Anyone who saw them celebrate in front of our fans after beating us in a fa qf at their place a couple of years ago will be able to confirm that the hatred is there from them towards us from the vile, it is just some of them try to dismiss that hatred, as it is hard for them to say they care about the rivalry because in the last 10 years or so we have been above them and they cannot lord it over us like they can against the blose.

Thos celebrations after the QF was like they won the league, cup and world cup, and it was funny Mozza tripping one of their scumbags as he ran past him.

It's probably the last time Mozza was fit enough to tackle anyone to be fair.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7919 on: February 14, 2019, 05:15:15 PM »
Anyone who saw them celebrate in front of our fans after beating us in a fa qf at their place a couple of years ago will be able to confirm that the hatred is there from them towards us from the vile, it is just some of them try to dismiss that hatred, as it is hard for them to say they care about the rivalry because in the last 10 years or so we have been above them and they cannot lord it over us like they can against the blose.

Thos celebrations after the QF was like they won the league, cup and world cup, and it was funny Mozza tripping one of their scumbags as he ran past him.

It's probably the last time Mozza was fit enough to tackle anyone to be fair.

To be fair they were the same after they beat Blackburn in the League Cup semi final a few years ago

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7920 on: February 14, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
To anyone who thinks the villa don't hate us then you have been very lucky over the years and not been in contact with many.

It may be an age thing as until the Bull era there was no wolves fans around and they didn't give a stuff about us as much as they do now either. They will always be bothered about us as they have no-one other than Walsall to give a stuff about.

Villa have 2 rivals, one they openly admit to hating which is the blues but then us who they claim not to give a toss about but they do and always have done especially areas closer to us than Blues.

Personally I couldn't care less about the dingles, love to beat them every time but apart from a few knobhead fans thats it.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7921 on: February 14, 2019, 06:34:09 PM »
Age old debate!

But it’s Vile for me, the only reason Wolves have a thing for us is because of jealousy

Pity the Wolves

Hate the Villa

That’s how I was brought up in our Albion family, my Nan hated Villa but never had a bad word about Wolves, as above she pitied them  8) ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7922 on: February 14, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »
I was the black sheep my grandad, mom and brothers are pure villa,but they always respected wba.
We lived 1:2 miles from Wotton road and 2 miles from the Hawthorns.
You turn right or left in life and it changes.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7923 on: February 14, 2019, 08:38:22 PM »
Growing up in South Brum and being 52, age and location meant it was always Villa for me and always will be, though I do despise the dog heads too, but I do think Wolves hatred of us is more consuming than ours of them. Going up the Albion throughout the 70s and 80s unless we were playing Wolves, there were never any songs or chants about them, whereas I can remember chants of “We hate Villa’, lasting 20 odd minutes at a time, admittedly it was more fun than some of the football on show, and done forget The Liquidator was always sung to about Villa too.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7924 on: February 14, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »
Here's to the WBA-Birmingham City Alliance!!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure