Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2352761 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1575 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53:07 PM »
That was a load of rubbish.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1576 on: November 03, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
Not been a great first half. i would say Swansea do look more like scoring. Odemwinge has done very little so far. I really hope the second half is better.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1577 on: November 03, 2013, 06:03:57 PM »
Cardiff won 1-0.

Most exciting moment of the game happened in the final five minutes of stoppage time where Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm got sent off - he was replaced in goal by Angel Rangel due to the Swans making all three subs. A game of little quality won by a Steven Caulker header.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1578 on: November 03, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »
If thats the biggest derby in English/Welsh football then the game really is disappearing round the U-bend quicker than we thought.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1579 on: November 03, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
It was a poor game, credit to Cardiff they defended well and Marshall made a couple of decent saves. However Swansea were very poor I was expecting more from them really.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1580 on: November 04, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
Listened to the Everton v Spurs game on the radio up at my allotment....pretty drab affair...Spurs are really struggling to score goals.

Hull managed to spawn a win against Sunderland despite Sunderland playing entire 2nd half with 9 men and their reserve goal keeper in..if I was a Hull fan I'd be worried about their lack of goals (I'm worried about our lack of goals too by the way!)and their inability to finish a very weakened team off.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1581 on: November 04, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »
Listened to the Everton v Spurs game on the radio up at my allotment....pretty drab affair...Spurs are really struggling to score goals.

Benteke  ;D

Hull managed to spawn a win against Sunderland despite Sunderland playing entire 2nd half with 9 men and their reserve goal keeper in..if I was a Hull fan I'd be worried about their lack of goals (I'm worried about our lack of goals too by the way!)and their inability to finish a very weakened team off.

Shane long  ;D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1582 on: November 05, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
Following Norwich's 7:0 thrashing at Man City Hughton was asked whether he thought he was the right man for job. The following blog is a few thoughts on the never ending Manager under pressure story.

http://lookbackinmildbewilderment.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/for-whom-bell-tolls.html
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1583 on: November 05, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
Following Norwich's 7:0 thrashing at Man City Hughton was asked whether he thought he was the right man for job. The following blog is a few thoughts on the never ending Manager under pressure story.

http://lookbackinmildbewilderment.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/for-whom-bell-tolls.html

Norwich have West Ham at home on Saturday god knows why its on sky two teams who hardly score at all. However If Norwich don't win the pressure cranks up even more. Norwich have spent a lot this summer on striker and they aren't scoring.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1584 on: November 05, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
Norwich have West Ham at home on Saturday god knows why its on sky two teams who hardly score at all. However If Norwich don't win the pressure cranks up even more. Norwich have spent a lot this summer on striker and they aren't scoring.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Norwich strikers have managed 6 shots between them this season...proof, if any were needed, that spending millions doesn't guarantee quality.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1585 on: November 05, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that the Norwich strikers have managed 6 shots between them this season...proof, if any were needed, that spending millions doesn't guarantee quality.

That was true mate. Looking at the games they have had this season, Villa, Cardiff at home Hull away. They have only picked up one point. They were excellent away at Stoke, and they beat Southampton and with the start they have made that win looked even better now.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1586 on: November 06, 2013, 01:59:08 PM »
I just hope the Police do their jobs more appropriately at Villa Park this time.

I walk back towards town, what happened?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1587 on: November 06, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
I walk back towards town, what happened?

A load of dicks came out of the North Stand and decided to wait for the arrival of Albion fans. In the mean time you could hear them singing anti Albion songs, jumping and faffing about and the Police allowed them to do it no problem. Once we eventually left the ground, they fronted up to supporters who wanted to walk in the direction towards the train station and once again the coppers just remained stood against the wall.

Once we finally barged our way through them after being called every name under the sun we headed towards the train station, we were passed by about 50 coppers or more who were sprinting back in the direction we came from. Riot vans also went passing by. Whilst we were queuing for our train, we over heard a conversation between a family of Villa fans who were less than impressed that supporters from the Holte End had walked down the North Stand and cornered Albion fans in by those who tried blocking us initially from the North.

Of course, I didn't see that part, so it could well be hearsay, but the numerous coppers and riot vans which went flooding past us lead me to believe otherwise.

I'm also told that there was trouble the season before after we beat you 2-1. I wasn't at the game but it was certainly mentioned on here.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1588 on: November 07, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »
A load of dicks came out of the North Stand and decided to wait for the arrival of Albion fans. In the mean time you could hear them singing anti Albion songs, jumping and faffing about and the Police allowed them to do it no problem. Once we eventually left the ground, they fronted up to supporters who wanted to walk in the direction towards the train station and once again the coppers just remained stood against the wall.

Once we finally barged our way through them after being called every name under the sun we headed towards the train station, we were passed by about 50 coppers or more who were sprinting back in the direction we came from. Riot vans also went passing by. Whilst we were queuing for our train, we over heard a conversation between a family of Villa fans who were less than impressed that supporters from the Holte End had walked down the North Stand and cornered Albion fans in by those who tried blocking us initially from the North.

Of course, I didn't see that part, so it could well be hearsay, but the numerous coppers and riot vans which went flooding past us lead me to believe otherwise.

I'm also told that there was trouble the season before after we beat you 2-1. I wasn't at the game but it was certainly mentioned on here.

And yet if you try to go out the wrong gate with bicycle clips on, the West Midlands Police come down on you like a tonne of bricks  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1589 on: November 07, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »
When we have played Small Heath the police tend to form a physical barrier down the Witton Lane to the coach park. That probably helps as believe it or not, without fail, the Noses would bring 30 plus coaches to the Villa Park, so the majority of support can be pushed down one route.

I have seen the WMP use temporary mental barriers before which might be an option, as if you’re an away fan, you will exit in-between R block in the North stand and any other foot traffic coming from the Witton or Holte End.

There is a more natural segregation at your place, with the station the only time you really mingle, although they kept us held back outside last time while Albion fans went through so there were no issues. Plenty of gesturing and posturing, but that is just the state of football these days.

I have always found that night derbies have a very sinister feel to them and I am surprised WMP have acquiesced to the evening kick offs, particularly with thoughts on the last three night derby games involving us being gateways to the 1980s.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1590 on: November 07, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »
When we have played Small Heath the police tend to form a physical barrier down the Witton Lane to the coach park. That probably helps as believe it or not, without fail, the Noses would bring 30 plus coaches to the Villa Park, so the majority of support can be pushed down one route.

I have seen the WMP use temporary mental barriers before which might be an option, as if you’re an away fan, you will exit in-between R block in the North stand and any other foot traffic coming from the Witton or Holte End.

There is a more natural segregation at your place, with the station the only time you really mingle, although they kept us held back outside last time while Albion fans went through so there were no issues. Plenty of gesturing and posturing, but that is just the state of football these days.

I have always found that night derbies have a very sinister feel to them and I am surprised WMP have acquiesced to the evening kick offs, particularly with thoughts on the last three night derby games involving us being gateways to the 1980s.

How do they work then, does the old bill stand there staring at you?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1591 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
I am completely shocked at how inept and plain lazy the Norwich recruitment team must be. To pay 10M euros for a striker of RVW's quality is outright ridiculous. You can see of YouTube alone how he got his goals for us from excellent midfield players giving him open goal after open goal. He has an awful penalty record too, I would imagine it was under 50% for us. I am not surprised they are struggling when money is wasted on players like that.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1592 on: November 07, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »

I have seen the WMP use temporary(as in Villa fans)  mental barriers(as in Lamberks language) before which might be an option, as if you’re an away fan, you will exit in-between R block in the North stand and any other foot traffic coming from the Witton or Holte End. (silent and undeadly) :D

There is a more natural segregation at your place,(we can smell you) with the station the only time you really mingle, although they kept us held back outside last time(Erdington curfew) while Albion fans went through so there were no issues.(because we act like responsible adults ) Plenty of gesturing and posturing,(cause you lot hadn't had your tablets) but that is just the state of football these days.

I have always found that night derbies have a very sinister feel to them and I am surprised WMP have acquiesced to the evening kick offs, particularly with thoughts on the last three night derby games involving us being gateways to the 1980s.(they always manage to shoe horn the bloody eighties in to any conversation , I bet you dress like Miami vice?) :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1593 on: November 07, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »
How do they work then, does the old bill stand there staring at you?

PMSL  ;D ;D ;D ;D this is so funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D, my missus thinks I've lost it as I'm chuckling away to myself, maybe I'm having a temporary metal barrier  ;D ;D ;D  ;D 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1594 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
I'm hoping for Cardiff to get a win at Aston Villa today, Southampton to beat Hull and then later on this afternoon Norwich to beat West Ham. A big game for Norwich I feel certainly a must win for them.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1595 on: November 09, 2013, 07:41:34 PM »
Norwich 3 West Ham 1. A game of two halves really. West Ham played well in the first half, but to be fair to Norwich they came back well. Robert Snodgrass scored a great free kick. Stoke now in the bottom three. I see the end been near for Martin Jol too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1596 on: November 09, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
Matin Jol and Big Sam surely looking over their shoulders now. Great reaction from Norwich.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1597 on: November 09, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
West Ham have defended well, but without Carrol and Vaz Te they are not going to score many goals which is a big issue for them. I feel Stoke badly need a good result at Swansea tomorrow. I see Swansea nicking that one 1-0
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1598 on: November 10, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
newcastle beat spurs great performance from Tim Krul, one of the best i seen from a keeper and now sunderland beating man city this premiership is getting harder and harder to bet on as the season goes on, Alot of very decent teams in the league this season which is why we have to keep uping our game and playing as well as we have been were not the only team to have improved.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1599 on: November 10, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »
Tim Krul was excellent.

Sunderland have beaten Man City 1-0 again. Only saw the final ten minutes or so but they seemed to defend very well. Wes Brown getting a lot of praise on Twitter.