Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372831 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »
It is important for Blackpool to come up in the play off final. QPR's money should guarantee them a mid table finish, although what Fernandez gets from bankrolling the club I dont know, with the European FFP rules stopping him from being able to go into Europe. Villa should be stronger next season as well.

If Blackpool come up, they should go back down again and occupy one of the relegation spots. We then can hope Wigan, Norwich, Swansea, Reading or Southampton occupy the other spots (even if Reading and Norwich spend money, it is no guarantee of success - look at QPR).

Apart from that, Djibril Cisse, what a a striker.
Boing Boing

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
I wouldn't bsnk on Blackpool going down. Aftet all who would have thought all 3 promoted teams would stay up. I agree though West Ham going up wouldn't be ideal for us. We need to ensure we get the right manager and add to the squad or we could well be in the mix too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
You cant bank on anybody going down anymore, however, I think Blackpool with their very low resources would struggle to stay up.

If Lambert leaves Norwich this summer then Norwich could struggle next seaosn and Swansea also can not be sure of having such a good season next year. Hopefully the top teams take a few players from them in the summer, however the amount of players available from relegated teams may make that difficult.

There is also always Wigan who are this generations Coventry. Coventry eventually were relegated weren't they.

You can also not guarantee a club like Stoke might not be dragged into it. Coates has said he isnt going to put much more money in the club.
Boing Boing

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2012, 10:09:53 PM »
Quite a succesful end to the league for me with positive outcomes of

City Winning the League
Everton Finishing above Liverpool
Albion Finshing top half
Villa losing again

Few Negatives are:
Spurs not finishing to 3rd
Bolton being relegated

An enjoyable crazy season and im sure it would have been pretty good to watch all the events unfold on Soccer Saturday. Looking Forward to MOTD apart from our match really.

Roll on next season.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
Superb watching MOTD.

Chuffed for City fans.  They've been through it over the years so fair play to them. 

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
I see Foy is still helping out his old pal Tone.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
You cant bank on anybody going down anymore, however, I think Blackpool with their very low resources would struggle to stay up.

If Lambert leaves Norwich this summer then Norwich could struggle next seaosn and Swansea also can not be sure of having such a good season next year. Hopefully the top teams take a few players from them in the summer, however the amount of players available from relegated teams may make that difficult.

There is also always Wigan who are this generations Coventry. Coventry eventually were relegated weren't they.

You can also not guarantee a club like Stoke might not be dragged into it. Coates has said he isnt going to put much more money in the club.
Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle and probably Fulham are the only teams you can say with reasonable confidence are 'too good to go down'.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »

The rules of the game are that if the keeper has the ball in his hands, he cant have it kicked out of them. Unless of course you are Stoke who have made a habit of doing it this season.

You could say that cost Bolton their league place.

That wasnt a penalty either - again shades of our game at the britt.
Boing Boing

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »
I can't believe my eyes when I saw that first Stoke goal. Bogdan had the ball in his heads and Walters simply barges him over into the net!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »
If ever a goal summed up a football club, Stoke's first goal did just that. Unbelievable.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »
Unlucky for Bolton.  Feel sorry for Coyle who I think is a superb manager but this season has been a nightmare for them.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
Unlucky for Bolton.  Feel sorry for Coyle who I think is a superb manager but this season has been a nightmare for them.

I have heard the opposite on Bolton forums, some of them think he is a pr*ck who tries to prove to his players that he has more skill than them on the training pitch.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:11 AM »
I think justice has been done with Bolton, QPR scored against them but the goal wasn't given a few weeks ago and Bolton won 2-1. Today it was on the other foot and a goal was allowed that shouldn't have been and it cost Bolton their place which really already should have been taken from them.

Pity QPR stayed up though to be honest  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
Player of the day...the one...the only...Joey Barton. :o
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Rich99

« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2012, 01:40:36 AM »
Even for them I'm genuinely shocked at the response from a lot of United fans going on about City buying the title and City having plastic glory hunting fans.

That was only topped by Fergie going on about the 5 mins of extra time City were given,  the guy must have a great sense of humour.

What an end to the season anyway, one of the best, if not the best.

One last note, I've not seen anyone in the media as yet give proportional praise to how Aguero finished that under such pressure at the end, he could have gone down as well.

A great finish to the season all in all and a wonderful send off to Roy.

Rich99

« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:58 AM »
One last note, poor United.  ;D

It's not like they ever spent any money on players or stole other clubs players in the past or anything...

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:44 AM »
One last note, poor United.  ;D

It's not like they ever spent any money on players or stole other clubs players in the past or anything...

I knew you'd be happy  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Rich99

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2012, 01:58:26 AM »
I knew you'd be happy  :D

Genuinely, Oldbury, my dislike for United had mellowed a bit over say the last 5 months or so and I don't/didn't know why.  Having said that,  I was absolutely delighted when City scored the winner.  Either way, what an end to the season!

Anyway, no need to worry, having had to endure some of the hypocritical rubbish coming from some United fans since losing the title, my dislike levels for them are getting well topped up again. ;D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »

and were still the only team to be bottom at Christmas and survive, clouds and silver linings and all that stuff  ;)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Rich99

« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »
call me really negative but im gutted bolton have gone. lets be honest now, on paper next season all the teams that survived really have a chance to push on. i hope blackpool come up because i think next season is going to v difficult, qpr are made of $$$$ and will use that to the best of their abilities. wigan and villa, well lets hope they struggle lol.

It is a bit disappointing QPR staying up as with the cash they have I should think they'll be fairly safe next season.

It's a funny old game football.   By scoring two late goals against Bolton in a nothing game for us really, we may well have made things a lot harder for ourselves next season.  Of course no one can say that for sure though, and let's hope that's not the case.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »
I think this was the best moment ever on Sky Sports News...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hlz80Yr89ZY

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »
I think this was the best moment ever on Sky Sports News...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hlz80Yr89ZY

"This video has been removed by the user."

westbrom4ever

« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »
Steve Kean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xcB9XfLjL8&sns=tw

;D

Ha legend. He found Phil Jones - plucked him off the street and put him straight in the team.  ;D

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
Calling Big Sam a crook may raise a few eyebrows. Surely theres a reason for that comment.