Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2069981 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1300 on: November 21, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »
Something to cheer you all up on a dull Monday. The Wolves v Chelsea prediction thread.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=65304

Personal favourite: "Chelsea 5-0 Wolves. MM OUT."

More likely AVB getting the boot, thank god micks got a job for life
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1301 on: November 21, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »
Carnt see Chelsea losing three home games on the spin.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1302 on: November 21, 2011, 05:02:51 PM »
Something to cheer you all up on a dull Monday. The Wolves v Chelsea prediction thread.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=65304

Personal favourite: "Chelsea 5-0 Wolves. MM OUT."

I liked "Chelsea 5 (Drogba 3, Sturridge, Mata) - 1 Wolves (Torres OG)"   :D

merlin_mick

« Reply #1303 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
You're forum always makes me laugh even when you're ripping it out of us like now and fair play I'd do the exact same if roles were reversed...

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1304 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/11/23/jez-moxey-wolves-fans-are-fickle/

Chief executive Jez Moxey was today at the centre of a row over calling Wolves fans “fickle”.

An anonymous email sent to a Wolves supporters’ blog site revealed Moxey said: “Newsflash: You are fickle” during the fans’ parliament meeting last week.

The sender is a member of the fans’ parliament who attended the meeting. Moxey was answering a point made by a member of the parliament who said it was wrong for players to call the fans fickle following the sarcastic cheering at Karl Henry’s substitution against Newcastle.

In minutes of the meeting since released by the club, Moxey admitted using the term ‘fickle’, but in context: “Come on, guys, newsflash! Some fans – and I stress ‘some’ – are fickle!”

He added: “If someone from the club says something you don’t like in response to a negative reaction from the crowd, don’t hold it against them.

“Perhaps everyone needs to develop slightly thicker skins.”

The anonymous sender also claimed Moxey said: “Stoke fans are better than Wolves fans”, and said “If Moxey had his way he would not continue with ground redevelopment”.

But Moxey told the Express & Star: “A person who goes to Stoke games came to our match against Swansea and commented to me that he couldn’t believe the negativity. But I would never say Stoke fans are better than Wolves fans.”

Ouch  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:38:57 PM by kris_boing »

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1305 on: November 23, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »
"Moxey's right! yeah fans are pooh!"  ;D

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1306 on: November 24, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
I dont think there team or manager should go down they have some decent players, there better than three teams in this league like us however they have got themselves stuck into a rut like we nearly did until we beat norwich, i want them to stay up the prem would be rubbish without the BCD. Wont comment on the fickle word considering what i have heard from sitting in the east stand this season, but i enjoy when wolves are failing especially against us.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1307 on: November 27, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Sunderland at home for the Wolves next week two teams with very little confidence.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
Come on then where are all those Dingles who were swarming here a couple of weeks ago? :-[

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1309 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »
How can you expect them to stay positive when no-one has urinated on our pitch for weeks now?  ::)

merlin_mick

« Reply #1310 on: November 27, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »
Still close in the bottom half, one result can change it all up. We've got Sunderland at home which is one of them teams we should be beating but at the moment everything's so unpredictable.

See you guys have QPR away, that could prove tough.
It'll be an interesting weekend.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1311 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:26 AM »
Still close in the bottom half, one result can change it all up. We've got Sunderland at home which is one of them teams we should be beating but at the moment everything's so unpredictable.

See you guys have QPR away, that could prove tough.
It'll be an interesting weekend.

Yep QPR away the team you had at home and pretty much every Wolves fan in the land had it down as a banker. It will be tough but the way we have played the last couple of games we could well get a result.

Sunderland at home for you, if you win Bruce is gone if they win well... obviously McCarthy stays

merlin_mick

« Reply #1312 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »

Sunderland at home for you, if you win Bruce is gone if they win well... obviously McCarthy stays

You say that as if he should be sacked? Some Wolves fans think he should but why? Look at you guys, you're only 3 points above us, one result and we can be level with you. Should RH be sacked?? No. So why McCarthy? Because some fans think a 3-0 loss to Chelsea away is the end of world? Give me a break.

dB

« Reply #1313 on: November 29, 2011, 01:14:35 AM »
You say that as if he should be sacked? Some Wolves fans think he should but why? Look at you guys, you're only 3 points above us, one result and we can be level with you. Should RH be sacked?? No. So why McCarthy? Because some fans think a 3-0 loss to Chelsea away is the end of world? Give me a break.

Possibly because you lot are almost as fickle as vile?

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1314 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:01 AM »

It was a bit of sarcasm but it doesn't work well over the internet. Basically I was trying to say McCarthy could do pretty much anything and keep his job at the moment.

His favoritism is astonishing to some players no matter how average they are and Wolves fans I know have been telling me this for the past 2 seasons.

All that said though I have alot of respect for someone like Dave Whelan who could have pulled the trigger on Martinez around 10 times the last couple of seasons but has stuck by him. The difference is though I rate Martinez as a manager whereas McCarthy I really do have reservations about as a Premier League manager.

Don't get me wrong the job he has done for you has been nothing short of superb, but sometimes you have to look elsewhere to kick on.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1315 on: November 29, 2011, 02:36:34 AM »
It was a bit of sarcasm but it doesn't work well over the internet. Basically I was trying to say McCarthy could do pretty much anything and keep his job at the moment.

His favoritism is astonishing to some players no matter how average they are and Wolves fans I know have been telling me this for the past 2 seasons.

All that said though I have alot of respect for someone like Dave Whelan who could have pulled the trigger on Martinez around 10 times the last couple of seasons but has stuck by him. The difference is though I rate Martinez as a manager whereas McCarthy I really do have reservations about as a Premier League manager.

Don't get me wrong the job he has done for you has been nothing short of superb, but sometimes you have to look elsewhere to kick on.

Fair point.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1316 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
Congrats on your win against Sunderland, you dow half get excited.I put the telly on and thought you had won the cup

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1317 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »
Who will win the Midlands golden boot :P  Flecther 5 goals    Long 5 goals   let the battle commence :D   (p.s before any wolves fan says that Fletcher was injured  so was Long)
BOING BOING

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1318 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
Is it me or were there a load of budgies sitting in there new stand on Sunday?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1319 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:03 PM »
Is it me or were there a load of budgies sitting in there new stand on Sunday?

Looked like people turned up wearing condoms over them to me

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1320 on: December 05, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
I still can't get over the corner temporary stand. They arn't facing the pitch and are facing the side stand... hilarious

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1321 on: December 05, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
I still can't get over the corner temporary stand. They arn't facing the pitch and are facing the side stand... hilarious

Is that why they walk around Wolvo with stiff necks

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1322 on: December 05, 2011, 03:55:58 PM »
Who will win the Midlands golden boot :P  Flecther 5 goals    Long 5 goals   let the battle commence :D   (p.s before any wolves fan says that Fletcher was injured  so was Long)

It’s good to see big investements for two players without a big name making a huge impression.

Fletcher now has 10 goals in his last 15 games which is superb, especially when you consider our chance creation isn’t the best. I loved his header yesterday, had shades of Bully written all over it.

I know I am wearing gold and black specs, and have obvious admiration for the bloke but I genuinely think he is one of the best, if not the best striker outside the top 6. He plays, he scores and his ability to find space is second to none, aswell as this he also oozes class.
If we keep him fit I don’t think we will have any problem finding 3 team’s worse off than ourselves come May.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1323 on: December 05, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »
I watched the game yesterday and must say that Wolves played very well in a very stretched game. The penalty maybe the defining moment of this season for Wolves.

I still think that Mick is holding Wolves back, but he does fit in with what the board want at the moment while they continue to develop the club off the field.

Wolves will be safe this season in my opinion.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1324 on: December 05, 2011, 05:25:09 PM »
It’s good to see big investements for two players without a big name making a huge impression.

Fletcher now has 10 goals in his last 15 games which is superb, especially when you consider our chance creation isn’t the best. I loved his header yesterday, had shades of Bully written all over it.

I know I am wearing gold and black specs, and have obvious admiration for the bloke but I genuinely think he is one of the best, if not the best striker outside the top 6. He plays, he scores and his ability to find space is second to none, aswell as this he also oozes class.
If we keep him fit I don’t think we will have any problem finding 3 team’s worse off than ourselves come May.

I agree. Very good player in my opinion is Fletcher. Certainly the player who will score you the goals to keep you in this league. Providing he gets the service. When you look at the two strikers you have which started yesterday; Doyle and Fletcher. The bigger threat comes from the latter with his ability to score goals and actually make himself a threat. Doyle, for all his continued efforts, doesn't seem to have that streak about him which Fletcher has.

I think you'll be fine come the end of the season, as will we, providing we both keep away from injuries.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom