Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2079361 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1150 on: October 17, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
Strangely, I'm actually enjoying reading all of your comments... their pretty funny.
You deserved the win... now to focus on next weekend.

Fair play for coming on and being amicable
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1151 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
How right I was.

Johnson should have scored too and I’m not happy with his performance/form at all. The no nonsense snotter I saw and admired at Blues wasn’t there at all and his whole "go on lad, have a go" attitude towards Tchoyi drunk me right off. Long and Odemwingie terrorised him today and badly exposed his weakness. I think looking at the game today, if you would have said who is the £5/6/7m centre half on £40k you would have been to drawn to Gareth McAuley, he was fantastic today, my MOTM.

Interesting about Johnson as i think most Baggies would have liked to sign him and yet i think that makes it 11 goals conceded in the last 4 times he has played against us,looks to me as though he and Dann are a case where the partnership performed better than their individual abilities would suggest.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: October 17, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »
You say your bench can change a game and ours can't? Ebanks Blake looked sharp when he came on and he's just come back from injury, he can change a game... Vokes is young and only on the bench because Fletch is out injured right now, Hunt... have you seen Hunt on his day? I guess not... a diver? How so?. Thank you.

How many games have Vokes, Ebanks Blake and Hunt started for you this season and last and how many goals scored or set up by them? Ok Hunt scored the goal that 'kept you up' and thats about it. Then look at Dorrans, Odemwingie, Cox and Morrison have all made a large contribution to goals and have been key first team players this season and last.

That is how I come to the conclusion if you want stats I'll get them but I'm sorry having someone 'young' and someone who 'looks sharp' doesn't make a good bench for me. As proved Odemwingie comes on and scored in 4 minutes, Ebanks Blake comes on and doesn't have a shot.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1154 on: October 17, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
"Im suppin on Vodka mixed with JD, but it's not Jill Dando"

I think he's very good.
I only go for the beer.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1155 on: October 17, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1156 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
This has quite simply made my day (not that it needs making). UNBELIEVABLE.

"Yeah"

;D
I only go for the beer.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1157 on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
The phone in on WM has been interesting tonight!  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dubya BA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: October 17, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
Get it right because I will expose your mistakes and I will pull no punches! (although I will apologise if I get it wrong myself). DubyaBA

coram_wba906

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1159 on: October 21, 2011, 01:57:29 AM »
"at X factor" was an unnecessary addendum!
Listed in Who's Who as What's That.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1160 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
Its a massive game for them tomorrow against Swansea, i see it as a must win.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1161 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
If Wolves lose this one, I see Mick getting the boot very soon, the Swans have yet to win away this season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Wolves1

« Reply #1162 on: October 21, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »
If Wolves lose this one, I see Mick getting the boot very soon, the Swans have yet to win away this season.

I don't think he will get the boot, but I can see the crowd getting nasty.

Whatever people think of Mick, at the moment, after the mess Hoddle left us in he doesn't deserve the fans turning on him.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: October 21, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »
A guy at work (who's a dingle) loves mick but reckons wolves need a fresh face at the club.

Personally I feel he's the only guy holding wolves back. The longer he stays the better!

Wolves1

« Reply #1164 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
A guy at work (who's a dingle) loves mick but reckons wolves need a fresh face at the club.

Personally I feel he's the only guy holding wolves back. The longer he stays the better!

It's a difficult one. He's got us promoted and kept us up twice. We're going through a difficult stage at the moment losing 5 games on the bounce, but he's pulled it round twice, so why can't he again. We won 1 in the first 12 last season. Realistically where should we finish - Staying up has got be our aim and another 10 or so clubs.

Unfortunately, the expectations of the crowd has increased this year and all that does is pile a load of pressure on the manager and players. The crowd are turning on him, the atmosphere is flat and the attendance is dropping - When that happens I think the only thing that will change it is if the manager is changed or 10 wins on the bounce :-[.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1165 on: October 22, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
I don't think he will get the boot, but I can see the crowd getting nasty.

Whatever people think of Mick, at the moment, after the mess Hoddle left us in he doesn't deserve the fans turning on him.
I think he has done a great job, that team you had when you got to the play offs wasnt that good really he has four very good seasons at Wolves.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1166 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »
They'll beat Swansea today.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1167 on: October 22, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »
After the job he has done at Wolves, for the fans to protest today against him, is an utter disgrace.  The bloke took Wolves from what, at the time, I thought was a squad capable of relegation to the play offs in his first season.  Thats was an extraordinary thing IMO.

The season after the expectation was increased and they missed out on the playoffs but you could see that something was building as the following season showed by winning the Championship by a distance.

Then he has kept them up for 3 seasons in the Prem.  That hasnt been done since the late 70s early 80s.  Plus they are not even in the relegation zone.  They've simply got to give the bloke a chance to turn it round.

The problem  with Wolves fans is their expectations are ridiculous.  Ours are bad but nothing compared to theirs.  If I was Mick I would be disgusted with those fans today.  I know hes a stubborn so and so and picks players that 'put a shift in' rather than talent but thats whats got wolves where they are and he is responsible. 

The only time you get rid of a manger is if hes appeared to lose the dressing room and the performances get to a point where you cant see where the next result is coming from.  On another day, with Fletcher rather than Doyle up front they could have got a point against us or even better.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1168 on: October 22, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
In fairness I think Mick should've been let go at the end of last season, he's a lovely chap and he's served them well but I don't think he's the man to take them forward. The idea that they're going to protest against him is ridiculous however, they have a right to be angry, what set of fans wouldn't after 5 straight losses, but a protest :o?

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: October 22, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
2-0 swansea, there so poor.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:27:11 PM by BobTaylor »

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1170 on: October 22, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
This Wolves team have been so scared of the likes of Dyer and Johnson. You know when things are bad when the Wolves fans are singing one Jody Craddock.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1171 on: October 22, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
Wolves fans getting pathetic now.

McCarthy has lost the fans.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: October 22, 2011, 02:27:04 PM »
I don't think McCarthy has ever been a great manager to be honest and there's not a million miles between him and the likes of Phil Brown and Iain Dowie in terms of their managerial careers/successes. Yet McCarthy, for some reason is seen by most fans as a class above the former two.

I do like him as a person, but I think it's time he went. The thing is, he did get them up - and keep them up, but there's been no progress, a lot of money spent and now things are getting worrying...again. As I say, a lot of money has been thrown at the club - but to little success. With that said however, it's always hard to replace a long-term manager, and there's a lot worse out there!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1173 on: October 22, 2011, 02:28:45 PM »
7 Million for Johnson
6 Million for Doyle
A lot of money on the ground as well.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggieheart