Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2079962 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1375 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »
Didnt they score in the last minute Wolves
Bendar missed a pen
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1376 on: December 14, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
2 big home games for Wolves, Stoke and Norwich, should be looking for at least four points.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1377 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Didnt they score in the last minute Wolves
Bendar missed a pen

West Brom got a penalty?  :o

merlin_mick

« Reply #1378 on: December 14, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »
Jonny Gorman scored for us in the 82nd minute.

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1379 on: December 14, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »
In reply to the debate two pages earlier, I think it is ridiculous to call it a debate, Fletcher is superior to Long in terms of Technique, it’s insulting to the bloke to even compare them in that respect. I am astounded to read some of the stuff and clearly none of you lot have seen Fletcher play, and if you have its been the 20 seconds highlights on MOTD.

I saw allot of Long last season, and I rate him, I wanted us to sign him but in terms of technique he is an ordinary player. It’s his hold up play and his ability to run with the ball at his feet which is his asset; he is similar to Doyle in this respect only that he scores goals and is quicker off the mark. Fletcher’s first goal against Sunderland was Bergkamp esque and allot of his play with the ball at his feet is. The way he took it down and his volley shone of technique that Long doesn’t have. I said earlier and ill say it again, the only thing Long has ahead of Fletcher is pace and for this reason they would make a very good partnership. But overall Fletcher is a better player, 16 goals in 23 starts says it all and he has one of the best, if not the best shots per goals ratio in the league.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1380 on: December 14, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
In reply to the debate two pages earlier, I think it is ridiculous to call it a debate, Fletcher is superior to Long in terms of Technique, it’s insulting to the bloke to even compare them in that respect. I am astounded to read some of the stuff and clearly none of you lot have seen Fletcher play, and if you have its been the 20 seconds highlights on MOTD.

I saw allot of Long last season, and I rate him, I wanted us to sign him but in terms of technique he is an ordinary player. It’s his hold up play and his ability to run with the ball at his feet which is his asset; he is similar to Doyle in this respect only that he scores goals and is quicker off the mark. Fletcher’s first goal against Sunderland was Bergkamp esque and allot of his play with the ball at his feet is. The way he took it down and his volley shone of technique that Long doesn’t have. I said earlier and ill say it again, the only thing Long has ahead of Fletcher is pace and for this reason they would make a very good partnership. But overall Fletcher is a better player, 16 goals in 23 starts says it all and he has one of the best, if not the best shots per goals ratio in the league.

He's been linked with Liverpool today but it's just rumours at the moment.
Put Fletcher and Long in the same team and Fletch would bag more goals.

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1381 on: December 14, 2011, 03:30:42 PM »
He's been linked with Liverpool today but it's just rumours at the moment.
Put Fletcher and Long in the same team and Fletch would bag more goals.

That was reported on a tinpot website, wouldnt read anything into it.
Scoring goals i dont think they are much different, its just reading Long has more technical ability which gives me the shudders.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1382 on: December 14, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »

Ruffle a few feathers why dont you ;D we are all biased of course.Long as the edge on looks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1383 on: December 14, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
But overall Fletcher is a better player, 16 goals in 23 starts says it all and he has one of the best, if not the best shots per goals ratio in the league.

Love a bit of statistical manipulation:

16 goals in 23 starts can also be read as 16 goals in 39 appearances (for Wolves),
24 goals in 58 starts (Premiership), or 24 goals in 74 appearances (Premiership).

However, still fairly impressive return considering the sides that he has played for.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1384 on: December 14, 2011, 04:24:32 PM »
Fletcher’s first goal against Sunderland was Bergkamp esque

Stop it you're killing me!!  ;D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1385 on: December 14, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »

Next week he will miss a sitter then it will be Heskey esque.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1386 on: December 14, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »

Take the time out to actually watch it ( i am referring to the original goal kick of which was pumped in the air and he took it down, brought it under control and layed it off with ease ) and then tell me that wasnt Bergkamp esque.

dB

« Reply #1387 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:41 PM »
Take the time out to actually watch it ( i am referring to the original goal kick of which was pumped in the air and he took it down, brought it under control and layed it off with ease ) and then tell me that wasnt Bergkamp esque.

It wasn't.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1388 on: December 14, 2011, 04:53:43 PM »
It was just good control! Nothing more or less! I would expect a lot of premier league footballers to control that!

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1389 on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
Does that make Mick the new Arsene Wenger?? :O

merlin_mick

« Reply #1390 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
It was just good control! Nothing more or less! I would expect a lot of premier league footballers to control that!

To be honest I couldn't see Long being able to control that...
Honest opinion and I hence the OPINION bit

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1391 on: December 14, 2011, 05:16:49 PM »
To be honest I couldn't see Long being able to control that...
Honest opinion and I hence the OPINION bit

Haha! why the hell could he not! Its simple ball control! Its pretty bread and butter for many a premier league football. You have absolutely no basis to your 'opinion' that Long, or any other footballer for that matter, couldn't control 'that'.

reiss

« Reply #1392 on: December 14, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »
 Flecther is a good striker, he will go to a big club in jan  becuase he dont want to play in the championship next season

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1393 on: December 15, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »

WTF is going on here exactly?  :o

Why do you and the learned merlin_mick feel the need to be so vocal on this site?

This is a WEST BROMWICH ALBION forum and "Dingle watch - Anything Wolves" is a general laugh at those less fortunate ... not an alternative to "Question Time"

You are quite right that I have seen less than 20 seconds of "Fletch highlights" which brings me to my main point:
He does indeed have one of the best, if not the best, shots per goals ratio in the league but he would no doubt elevate you from the PL gutter if he could actually improve his minutes on the pitch ratio – but either way I don't really give a ****!

End of debate  ::)
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1394 on: December 16, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »

Why do you and the learned merlin_mick feel the need to be so vocal on this site?

This is a WEST BROMWICH ALBION forum and "Dingle watch - Anything Wolves" is a general laugh at those less fortunate ... not an alternative to "Question Time"

You are quite right that I have seen less than 20 seconds of "Fletch highlights" which brings me to my main point:
He does indeed have one of the best, if not the best, shots per goals ratio in the league but he would no doubt elevate you from the PL gutter if he could actually improve his minutes on the pitch ratio – but either way I don't really give a ****!

This basically. All Albion players are better than any Dingles players :)
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1395 on: December 16, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »

I concur.

Mulumbu99

« Reply #1396 on: December 17, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
well done stoke!!  ;D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1397 on: December 17, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Wolves will be really dissapointed with that.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1398 on: December 17, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
About time Stoke gave us something back !

Great day now..........totally different to how things looked at half time !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1399 on: December 17, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »
Noriwch is a massive game now for Wolves.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC