Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196535 times)

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2019, 06:50:33 AM »
I think the point is, give players a chance before slating them.
This is exactly the point. He has played 2 hours of competive football for us and deserves to be given some more time before being slated and even then if he is not up to it there is no need to make childish songs up about him. Not every new signing hits the ground running and in my opinion he is being asked to play a role as a lone striker (target man) which clearly does not suit his style of play.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »
Come on guys give the bloke a chance.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2019, 07:30:25 AM »
Jesus, never seen this much criticism and harshness after just two games about a player.

Looks like a few have made their mind up already which is a bit of a shame

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2019, 08:45:07 AM »
I'm reserving judgement until he's up to speed with his teammates and up to speed fitness wise.

He hasn't played too much football over the last year and hasn't had a solid run of games.

There are some bits where he has looked useful, and other times he hasn't looked as sharp. Granted on Saturday he should have stuck that chance away. We looked better with him on the pitch than off it against Forest.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »
Should have buried that open goal chance, His job every day every week is to just finish, Get you're shooting right. How in the world strikers these days look sunday league level type finishers is abysmal. Not a slant on him as Luke Moore was atrocious, Just baffles me that they do this job every day and still mess up the basics.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »
he is a very very average striker.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:52:19 AM by TiptonThrostle »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »
Jesus, never seen this much criticism and harshness after just two games about a player.

Looks like a few have made their mind up already which is a bit of a shame

Although its only two games here, he is a player who has been publicly questioned both last summer and last Christmas by his manager (at the time) for his application, effort and apparent inability to 'push' himself. 

I think that will always lead to questions earlier than you would expect for a player who had a clean slate. Its also in my opinion why I think it was a strange signing.

Warnock did add that he was a 'good lad' and that he didn't think he was doing it on purpose. That could have been an attempt to protect the asset and/or it could genuinely be true.

My concern is that if he is incredibly laid back and languid, those type of traits don't really seem to change as they are quite ingrained in a personality.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
Has he impressed me so far this season? No, but he hasn't been awful.

I would say the jury is still out. He wasn't really in the game on Saturday. If we hit September / October time and he's still being ineffective, then it's time to question it.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2019, 12:46:26 PM »
I know that YouTube clips can be misleading but have a look.  At some point for Cardiff in this division he has destroyed defenders with pace and power and been able to apply a cool finish.   He then doesn't play for best part of a year, loses his match fitness and has his confidence shot by a year playing against PL defenders in a division that some strikers are just not able to make the step up to (ask a certain Mr Gayle).  If we can find the player in there that is in those clips, get him fit and confident then who knows.......don't think the £8 million price tag has helped either, do we actually know what we paid up front?  The vine suggested was that it was closer to £2 million upfront??

Lets just hope that those people who have already made up their mind about him don't voice their feelings at the ground! This is a player that COULD turn into a real player in this division, but will need support.   

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:31 PM »
Should have buried that open goal chance, His job every day every week is to just finish, Get you're shooting right. How in the world strikers these days look sunday league level type finishers is abysmal. Not a slant on him as Luke Moore was atrocious, Just baffles me that they do this job every day and still mess up the basics.

I am not defending him as any striker should have buried that chance. However having a keeper and a defender on the line isn’t an open goal.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »
He has been poor in the first 2 games but that is all it is is 2 games. The trouble he has is he is coming into a position previously held by Gayle and J-Rod

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
I think it was a bit of a strange signing too especially for the reported fee. His goalscoring record is very average. We definitely needed more of a target man in the squad. I'd have liked to see us go for someone like Jutkiewicz at Blues instead. Would have got him on the cheap and I honestly think he'll score more than Zohore will this season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
I am not defending him as any striker should have buried that chance. However having a keeper and a defender on the line isn’t an open goal.

Agree. Seen far worse misses than that. Hit it first time and kept it low and on target (although I'd have fancied my chances too)!  :D  Lets cut him some slack and see how he does when he reaches full match fitness.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:29:43 PM by miggybaggy »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2019, 01:46:05 PM »
He has been poor in the first 2 games but that is all it is is 2 games. The trouble he has is he is coming into a position previously held by Gayle and J-Rod

and many on here thought he was bobbins too......

I really am not sure how you can write him off after two games. So he missed one on Saturday, and it probably wont be his last either. He needs to work with the team and they all need to understand how each other play. I am quite sure that Slavan and his team will be working on it as we speak.   
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2019, 01:54:06 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do once we work out how to supply him. For all our possession over the grand total of two games this season we haven't given him much to feed off. I've seen the video of his goals at Cardiff mentioned above and there is a player in there. His skill set seems better suited to a counter attacking side and in truth he may well have shone had he been playing for Millwall on Saturday. Obviously we're looking to play higher up the pitch. Once our squad becomes fully integrated we should gain tempo and momentum, hit the front quicker while playing quick diagonals for him to run onto. Hopefully we'll see the best of him then.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:59:21 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
He hasn't done as bad as been made out.

I thought he was good at Forest and he was quieter on Saturday. He looks very much perfect foil for the likes of Edwards and Krov, enabling those players to play off him.

He will be disappointed to miss his chance on Saturday, but credit to the defender and keeper who got back to make it difficult.

Aside from that, we did not create anything for him of note.

He's two games into his Albion career - with our new reinforcements currently in the stands.

I'll reserve judgement so far.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2019, 02:07:40 PM »
Give the guy 10 games minimum before you judge him. He's got talent.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
Give the guy 10 games minimum before you judge him. He's got talent.

some people are able to make an accurate decision after 2 games, others 10 and even more.

after 2 games i am confident that he is an average championship striker and would be amazed if he scores more than 10. thats not slagging him off before anyone says it, thats just my opinion of him and one that i am very confident with.

i hope he proves me wrong. lets see if he does.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2019, 04:04:38 PM »
some people are able to make an accurate decision after 2 games, others 10 and even more.

after 2 games i am confident that he is an average championship striker and would be amazed if he scores more than 10. thats not slagging him off before anyone says it, thats just my opinion of him and one that i am very confident with.

His track record says he is not a prolific scorer so I don't think we signed him on his goalscoring ability alone he must have other attributes that made us want him, as others have said give it 10 games when his fitness is up to speed before putting in the Luke Moore category.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Not sure how anyone can judge a player on just 2 games. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Not sure how anyone can judge a player on just 2 games. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do.

its quite simple really. you can easily assess a players touch, work rate, pace and may other attributes. hes not useless or anything like that but he is just an average championship striker and his goal record suggests that.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »

In fairness my initial impressions of Kyle Bartley were garnered during our pre season friendly in Aberdeen. They've proved pretty accurate representations of his time with us thus far and it took less than ten minutes to come to those conclusions  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2019, 05:00:27 PM »

No they are not and all I can say is I'm glad the club do not employ you as a scout. 2 games is nowhere enough to judge a player.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
We're supposed to be on the same team here, give the guy a chance, it takes a while for some guys to settle to a new team, unfamiliar surroundings and whatever. It's a new start for a new regime - Rome wasn't built in a day - 2 games gone, 44 more to go, we're not going to win every game, we'll win some we shouldn't and vice versa, I'm feeling more positive about things for the first time in a while - c'mon yow baggies
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: August 12, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »
No they are not and all I can say is I'm glad the club do not employ you as a scout. 2 games is nowhere enough to judge a player.
Yes they are! You can tell if a player as got it or not after one half. I haven't really seen anyone on here slag him unfairly it's just there opinions in what they have seen so far. I said Johnstone was no good after the first half of a friendly I'm still waiting to be proved wrong! But do i boo him at games? No like i would never boo anyone in a blue and white shirt.