Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 670630 times)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #1000 on: June 30, 2020, 08:12:07 PM »
Huge pressure on him to get it right tomorrow. The gap is 2 points
At the moment?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2020, 08:37:09 PM »
Its Bilic job to get this team wound right up,read the riot act throw freezing cold water over them before they go out onto the pitch and at half time hairdryers etc.
Tell them to wake up from their slumber, were sleepwalking back into the chumps league ask them if they care about this proud club who pay them a fortune for that privilege shock them somehow he has to work some magic.
Hire catweazle now!!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
Its Bilic job to get this team wound right up,read the riot act throw freezing cold water over them before they go out onto the pitch and at half time hairdryers etc.
Tell them to wake up from their slumber, were sleepwalking back into the chumps league ask them if they care about this proud club who pay them a fortune for that privilege shock them somehow he has to work some magic.
Hire catweazle now!!
Sounds like he had words at a meeting today.

https://www.expressandstar.com/top-stories/sport/2020/06/29/slaven-bilic-demands-energy-desire-and-passion-from-west-brom/
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1003 on: June 30, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »
He’s maintained that training, energy, fitness etc have been spot on since they returned to training. Tomorrow’s they must show it in a game.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1004 on: June 30, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »
Hire catweazle now!!
Too right - they certainly need waking up. Our players are paid a lot of money - far more than the opposition in this league. Sheffield Wednesday still owe their team wages this month. I hope our ‘stars’ are aware of how fortunate they are when they put the shirt on tomorrow night. They shouldn’t need reminding of that!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1005 on: June 30, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »
As has been said. He has to wake them up and motivate them. They have been strolling around like it is just a formality for them to go out on the pitch and do bugga all and get a result. Water board them if need be, to shock them to realise that they are not doing what that are expected to do. (Not water board in the true essence lol).

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1006 on: July 01, 2020, 12:22:04 AM »
He’s maintained that training, energy, fitness etc have been spot on since they returned to training. Tomorrow’s they must show it in a game.
well that's a load of bull just hope he's saying that to media and rollocking his fitness staff and player's for being out of shape. HAIR DRYER treatment needed Mr Bilic. Make them run till they puke.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2020, 06:32:20 AM »
football managers amaze me when they can not see that a player is playing poorly for weeks and virtually all the fans can.
Most of our fans would say that Phillips has not been worth a place basically since about October and certainly since the turn of the year yet Bilic keeps picking him.
It has got to the stage that local radio when announcing the team for the Blues and Brentford matches have said the major surprise is that Phillips has been selected.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1008 on: July 01, 2020, 07:22:37 AM »
Phillips needs dropping, and someone needs to be pushed forward in the middle of the pitch to support HRK, I can't think of anyone except Krovinovic really.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2020, 08:22:42 AM »
football managers amaze me when they can not see that a player is playing poorly for weeks and virtually all the fans can.

Happens all the time doesnt it? There are that many examples going back in time. Almost always the fans end up being right. Some of the time it ends up in a manager losing his job. Don't think that'll be the case in this instance though.

Bilic is picking "favourites" at the moment which is obvious because he's leaving players out that have not deserved leaving out. Some of the players he's picking he is NOT picking because they've earned it through performances nor did the teams results dictate  it.

It cant be doing the morale of some of the players any good and that can have a knock on effect throughout the squad.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:33:42 AM by Atomic »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: July 01, 2020, 08:57:49 AM »

Happens all the time doesnt it? There are that many examples going back in time. Almost always the fans end up being right. Some of the time it ends up in a manager losing his job. Don't think that'll be the case in this instance though.

Bilic is picking "favourites" at the moment which is obvious because he's leaving players out that have not deserved leaving out. Some of the players he's picking he is NOT picking because they've earned it through performances nor did the teams results dictate  it.

It cant be doing the morale of some of the players any good and that can have a knock on effect throughout the squad.
We haven't been very good but we've only had two games. Bilic does get to see the players day in day out which we don't and sees how fit or unfit they are after lockdown and sees what they are putting in and producing on the training pitch. That is probably the reason he has Edwards in front of Grosicki at the moment for example. We need to see what is produced tonight and where we go over the next 2 or 3 games.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1011 on: July 01, 2020, 09:17:47 AM »
That's all well and good over a whole season but 2 out of 9 is a huge percentage after tonights game 33:3% of our mini season has passed us by.
Its not good enough we know it the players should know it and the coaches know it so sort it!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: July 01, 2020, 09:39:52 AM »
We haven't been very good but we've only had two games. Bilic does get to see the players day in day out which we don't and sees how fit or unfit they are after lockdown and sees what they are putting in and producing on the training pitch. That is probably the reason he has Edwards in front of Grosicki at the moment for example. We need to see what is produced tonight and where we go over the next 2 or 3 games.
We don't have 2 or 3 games though mate. Brentford are relentless at the minute so we need to stay ahead of them and that means winning games. We can't play not to lose and hope for the best.
If players are flattering to deceive in training then Bilic needs to see that and pick a team that has the desire, experience and know how to win by whatever means possible.

Austin may not be technically as good as others, but he knows where the goal is. He comes in for me, even if we have to modify our approach a little bit.
Grosicki is direct, can cross a ball, take set pieces and is not scared to shoot. He should be in.
Krov is technically our best CM who can open doors and link the midfield to the forward line. He should be in.

Most important change though has to be 4-3-3, it's by far our most positive option.

I'm going to lay it on the line, in that, I don't think Bilic can survive failing from this position, forget the 2 year plan, that will go out the window if we blow this, so he needs to get a grip quickly. It's time to take a few risks.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1013 on: July 01, 2020, 09:42:40 AM »

I agree.

If it really was just about fitness & what they produce on the training pitch, we'd all be able to do the job & the club wouldn't need to pay coaches millions of pounds a year.

Surely, it's about selecting a team that can perform best against the opposition.

Taking advantages of their weaknesses & negating their threats.

I'm not sure if the club are able to send anybody to matches at the moment, so it might be they are having to gain intelligence from TV games.

I'm expecting a different approach tonight, think SB might surprise us.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: July 01, 2020, 09:51:01 AM »
We don't have 2 or 3 games though mate. Brentford are relentless at the minute so we need to stay ahead of them and that means winning games. We can't play not to lose and hope for the best.

How would you feel if you were a Brentford player, playing out of your skin & got within 2 points of WBA, only to see them win at Sheffield Wednesday & put 5 points between us, so they now have to win 2 more games than us with only 6 games left?

Think I'd be gutted.

I think that's the dressing room speech I'd be making tonight.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: July 01, 2020, 09:57:10 AM »
If players are flattering to deceive in training then Bilic needs to see that and pick a team that has the desire, experience and know how to win by whatever means possible.

Austin may not be technically as good as others, but he knows where the goal is. He comes in for me, even if we have to modify our approach a little bit.
Grosicki is direct, can cross a ball, take set pieces and is not scared to shoot. He should be in.
Krov is technically our best CM who can open doors and link the midfield to the forward line. He should be in.

Most important change though has to be 4-3-3, it's by far our most positive option.

I'm going to lay it on the line, in that, I don't think Bilic can survive failing from this position, forget the 2 year plan, that will go out the window if we blow this, so he needs to get a grip quickly. It's time to take a few risks.
I totally agree with you on the 4-3-3, and also with Krov in the CM/AM link role. There will have been words since the Brentford game and we'll hope to see a big reaction tonight and ongoing.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
did Bilic have a say in our January signings?
Peltier has not played at all has he?
Absi??I can understand just as cover.
Grosicki inexplicably did not play in first match he was available and has started very few if any games
Robinson was excellent for 1st half of his debut and acceptable in the 2nd half but since then appears very lightweight like Jacob Murphy did last year.
I am not impressed if he did have a say and if he didn't why not?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: July 01, 2020, 10:49:23 AM »
did Bilic have a say in our January signings?
Peltier has not played at all has he?
Absi??I can understand just as cover.
Grosicki inexplicably did not play in first match he was available and has started very few if any games
Robinson was excellent for 1st half of his debut and acceptable in the 2nd half but since then appears very lightweight like Jacob Murphy did last year.
I am not impressed if he did have a say and if he didn't why not?
Peltier was always a short term cover signing due to the Ferguson situation. Think you are being a bit unkind on Robinson - he did well overall in his first 4 or 5 games I'd say. Played a big part in getting us out of our mid season slump with his directness - has tailed off a bit though with the rest of 'em.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1018 on: July 01, 2020, 10:52:50 AM »
How would you feel if you were a Brentford player, playing out of your skin & got within 2 points of WBA, only to see them win at Sheffield Wednesday & put 5 points between us, so they now have to win 2 more games than us with only 6 games left?

Think I'd be gutted.

I think that's the dressing room speech I'd be making tonight.

I don’t know about ‘gutted’ but I think it’s fair to say the Brentford players will be a little flatter tonight if we win. It’s human nature.

On the other hand, you can imagine the excitement amongst their players if we lose, the banter in the group WhatsApp’s, the smiles in training at thought of going second on Saturday and twisting the screw further. I’ve said this numerous times over the years, momentum in sport is huge.

If we don’t win tonight, I honestly think Brentford will pip us. A win is great for us, and also may just take some wind from their sales.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: July 01, 2020, 11:09:29 AM »
I don’t know about ‘gutted’ but I think it’s fair to say the Brentford players will be a little flatter tonight if we win. It’s human nature.

On the other hand, you can imagine the excitement amongst their players if we lose, the banter in the group WhatsApp’s, the smiles in training at thought of going second on Saturday and twisting the screw further. I’ve said this numerous times over the years, momentum in sport is huge.

If we don’t win tonight, I honestly think Brentford will pip us. A win is great for us, and also may just take some wind from their sales.
Brentford could run out as Champions! Leeds look more fallible at present.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »
Brentford could run out as Champions! Leeds look more fallible at present.

If we win tonight, Brentford would need to win 2 games more than us or Leeds for automatic, with 6 games left.

It's really in our hands tonight.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1021 on: July 01, 2020, 12:04:20 PM »
I really hope we hit the mother lode tonight and our season takes off for the last few games.
We've been top two all season and if we ended up in the playoffs I think that would kill us.
On a brighter note, a win tonight would assure us of a play off place  ???
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: July 01, 2020, 02:34:36 PM »
I really hope we hit the mother lode tonight and our season takes off for the last few games.
We've been top two all season and if we ended up in the playoffs I think that would kill us.
On a brighter note, a win tonight would assure us of a play off place  ???
If Grady is indeed injured , and he does not pick Grosicki then he needs locking up.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1023 on: July 01, 2020, 03:42:19 PM »
It shouldn't even be debatable whether Bilic should survive this season if he doesn't get us promoted from this position. It would be a massive failure which we couldn't at all risk repeating for another season and he would simply have to leave.

We've again this season relied on having better individual players and a bigger budget than most of the clubs in the league to keep us around the top of the table. We have not even been playing a good brand of football of which you can look at and see a vast improvement and a way forward for the future. Countless first halves of games have been very poor and we have just relied on a bit of quality to nick us some points in the second half. Some team choices have in my opinion been poor and he has also been reluctant to rest players who quite clearly could have done with replacing as their form was poor and we had the squad depth to give someone else a run of games.

However, and surprisingly, we're still in the top 2. Make no mistake though, to screw it up from here would not be worthy of another chance next season. It's time to prove me and some others wrong, because I'm just not convinced we're that good under Bilic.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1024 on: July 01, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »
I would not be one of those clamouring for Billic's departure if we don't get promotion, unless there is some outstanding replacement waiting in the wings. And I'm not holding my breath about that.
Almost everyone was praising the football under Billic this season until a few weeks ago. The football is on the front foot rather than safety first, and we have seen some genuine flair players for the first time in years. Players like Pereira, Dianga, Ajayi would probably not have arrived, nor someone like Ferguson getting his chance. In fact,  you'd have to go a long way back to see such exciting football (Atkinson?) at the Albion.
Also, he doesn't dither about making subs when its not working in games. Not one of those managers who waits until the 75th minute.
Also, Billic commands the respect of the players. Previous managers may have been 'liked', but that is different from being respected.
I still think we have 60/40 chance of being promoted. However, if we do stay in the Championship, I'm sceptical about the club being able to attract a better manager.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:11:44 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure