Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325740 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #1175 on: December 14, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »
If this lad had played every game we'd be sitting pretty. Pulis' biggest mistake. 10 out of 10 tonight, didn't even get booked I don't think  :-X

Definitely. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Yacob is among the best DM's in the league for me. Horribly underestimated and under appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:26:03 PM by VANDERLEI »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1176 on: December 14, 2017, 12:39:57 PM »
Definitely. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Yacob is among the best DM's in the league for me. Horribly underestimated and under appreciated.

Ive been saying this since he got here

Think he is massively underrated when for me he is definitely one of the best DM's in the league.

We didnt need Barry, we should have as you say used the money for a decent AM
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1177 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
Yes pulis' self destruct in insisting on shoeing in the Pole over Claudio,its no surprise we are better again with the Yac back

It was Barry who came in for Claudio, not Krychowiak.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1178 on: December 14, 2017, 02:13:11 PM »
That's 2 managers who've gone now because they dropped Claudio. Once again proved tonight what an absolute force he is in the middle of the park. You only have to look at opposing teams views on him (They hate him) to realise you can't drop a player like that.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1179 on: December 14, 2017, 02:21:47 PM »
Man of the match yesterday by the sounds of it.

But the performance was worth so much more than that.

He will now also go down as one of the club heroes alongside Astle, Regis, Bomber for being the man that ended the reign of 'Legend' on this forum  ;)

What a legacy.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1180 on: December 14, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
Man of the match yesterday by the sounds of it.

But the performance was worth so much more than that.

He will now also go down as one of the club heroes alongside Astle, Regis, Bomber for being the man that ended the reign of 'Legend' on this forum  ;)

What a legacy.

You'll never get past Claudio, he's magic, you know, you'll never get past Claudio........  ;D  ;) .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1181 on: December 14, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »
I think Claudio is tops at what he does. Ball winning and man marking. However, he's been a victim of the previous regime which overloaded the squad with defensive midfielders.
You cannot play 4 defensive midfielders in one team. Even Pulis didn't play all 4. With Field you have 5 to choose from.
Maybe though a couple are capable of playing a more attacking role, though I don't think Claudio would be one of them.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1182 on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »
Just grateful he isn't the quickest player around because he wouldn't be here.daft decision not playing him in the early part of the season and even dafter to bring in Barry when we should have Got a young attacking midfielder.

What a sensible bloke you are, totally agree with you ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1183 on: December 14, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
I think Claudio is tops at what he does. Ball winning and man marking. However, he's been a victim of the previous regime which overloaded the squad with defensive midfielders.
You cannot play 4 defensive midfielders in one team. Even Pulis didn't play all 4. With Field you have 5 to choose from.
Maybe though a couple are capable of playing a more attacking role, though I don't think Claudio would be one of them.

So given 5 into 3 (or even 2) doesn't go and we need wages down (FFP) what would you do.

Personally I keep Yac and Field (low wages),
I would thank Barry and wish him the best. 
Krychowiak - jury out but given his alleged wages, I think he's just too damned expensive for us.
Livermore i would keep for now but unless he is better than upto date consistently I would move him on at end of the season

Thoughts?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1184 on: December 14, 2017, 06:55:42 PM »
So given 5 into 3 (or even 2) doesn't go and we need wages down (FFP) what would you do.

Personally I keep Yac and Field (low wages),
I would thank Barry and wish him the best. 
Krychowiak - jury out but given his alleged wages, I think he's just too damned expensive for us.
Livermore i would keep for now but unless he is better than upto date consistently I would move him on at end of the season

Thoughts?

Difficult one. I'd keep Yacob and Livermore as defensive midfielders and try and convert Krychowiak to a more attacking role.
Barry's experience counts for alot in certain matches, but I can't see him getting any better, so reluctantly would phase him out after contract expires.
Field has great prospects, but for the time being I'd use him as a sub. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: December 14, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
Everyone know saying what I've been saying all along!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1186 on: December 14, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »
Yacob is the epitome of the 'enforcer'. He sits, shields and turns over possession as well as the best of them. I truly hope we continue to use him in that role, allowing another CM to venture further forwards and support our attacking midfielder and striker. I think without him playing, we've been substituting by playing at least 2 holding midfielders to cover the role he plays, which ruins us through the middle of the pitch. Couple that with injuries to wingers and it's not hard to see why we've been struggling scoring recently.

I can see us (hopefully) pursuing with Yacob as the single holding midfielder with a box-to-box role being filled by Greg, and the number 10 as Chadli who would bridge the gap between defence and attack. With Phillips on the right and one of Brunt, Mclean, Burke on the left I think we've got a very balanced team.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1187 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
Yacob is the epitome of the 'enforcer'. He sits, shields and turns over possession as well as the best of them. I truly hope we continue to use him in that role, allowing another CM to venture further forwards and support our attacking midfielder and striker. I think without him playing, we've been substituting by playing at least 2 holding midfielders to cover the role he plays, which ruins us through the middle of the pitch. Couple that with injuries to wingers and it's not hard to see why we've been struggling scoring recently.

I can see us (hopefully) pursuing with Yacob as the single holding midfielder with a box-to-box role being filled by Greg, and the number 10 as Chadli who would bridge the gap between defence and attack. With Phillips on the right and one of Brunt, Mclean, Burke on the left I think we've got a very balanced team.

amen, my brother

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1188 on: December 14, 2017, 09:31:56 PM »
Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: December 14, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »
Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract.

Ends 30.6.2018

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1190 on: December 14, 2017, 10:17:11 PM »
Not sure of the provisos but I'm sure there was a twelve month option on top.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1191 on: December 14, 2017, 10:38:06 PM »
Love the gut to bits, plays his heart out for us. First game I've seen him offer an attacking threat as well, reminded me of the videos of him prior to joining the Albion, scoring the odd goal. No Pulis, no shackles for the Yak?
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: December 14, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »
Not long left then,found this but I think it means the 12 month option is up to Yacob.

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Claudio Yacob has signed a new two-year contract with the Premier League club.

The 29-year-old Argentine, who has made 129 appearances for the Baggies since being signed by Steve Clarke in 2012, is now tied to The Hawthorns until the summer of 2018.

There is also a clause for a further 12-month option for Yacob, who was in the final year of his previous deal.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: December 15, 2017, 03:00:02 AM »
 :D First name on the team sheet for me ;D He is our enforcer and frightens the life out of opposition forwards.
We always play better with Claudio at the front of the defence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1194 on: December 15, 2017, 05:55:39 AM »
Pulis mugged himself, he obviously felt he'd nailed his colours to the mast with his "big 3" in the middle, his creation that was "boiling up" or whatever it was he claimed, and then didn't have the guts/flex/wit to change things when it was so obviously not working.  If I could see on a rubbish laptop that Krychowiak wasn't nearly fit enough for 90 week in week out, why couldn't he?  Credit Yacob for his patience and professionalism till he got his chance again.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1195 on: December 15, 2017, 08:01:46 AM »
Contract expires 2018 the club has an option to extend to 2019.

If you want to play with a deep sitting screening midfielder fine play Yacob. The recurring problem is partnering him with players who complement his strengths. In particular we need an all round Central Midfielder who is able to play box to box.  If we don't we either a far too exposed or we drop too deep. Our problem is that virtually all of Central midfielders are in varying degrees deep sitting or AM's the only one who may fit the bill is Krychowiak

Going forward I think we need to reconstruct the central midfield whether that includes Yacob or not is debatable. If the Head Coach does not want an out and out screening DM then we should let him go.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1196 on: December 15, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »
Was always at his best alongside Mulumbu with Morrison ahead of them. Ball winner, ball carrier, creative player. We need to do exactly the same with him now but with, what on paper you would say are two better players, in Krycho and Chadli.

Yacob and Krycho sitting in the centre of midfield, Yacob winning it, Krycho looking to carry the ball forward and Chadli in behind Rondon as that creativity. I would actually be excited to see it.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1197 on: December 15, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
Was always at his best alongside Mulumbu with Morrison ahead of them. Ball winner, ball carrier, creative player. We need to do exactly the same with him now but with, what on paper you would say are two better players, in Krycho and Chadli.

Yacob and Krycho sitting in the centre of midfield, Yacob winning it, Krycho looking to carry the ball forward and Chadli in behind Rondon as that creativity. I would actually be excited to see it.
[/b]

Blimey Fritzl, that almost sounds like a plan.......... :)

Wonder why TP never thought of it!

I love watching Yacob, nothing spectacular but he breaks up play, wins the ball and generally irritates the opposition star players... ask Dele Alli  ;D
MAGA!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1198 on: December 15, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »

Totally agree. Felt we've never really replaced him. As someone said earlier, yacob's biggest issue in the team is that we've not got the right type of cm to complement him

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1199 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:38 AM »
[/b]

Blimey Fritzl, that almost sounds like a plan.......... :)

Wonder why TP never thought of it!

I love watching Yacob, nothing spectacular but he breaks up play, wins the ball and generally irritates the opposition star players... ask Dele Alli  ;D

I imagine the thought of it caused TP to wake up in cold sweats of an evening. Must....be....more.....defence minded!!