Author Topic: 28 Nov 2018 Swansea City 1 Albion 2  (Read 26473 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

28 Nov 2018 Swansea City 1 Albion 2
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion

Wednesday 28th November 2018 19.45pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:46:46 AM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 10:47:08 AM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »

PRICES

Allocation: tbc

£30 Adults, £17.50 Seniors 60+/ Students, £15 U16

SALE DATES

Away Season Ticket Holders - Monday November 5
Home Season Ticket Holders Online - Wednesday November 7
Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Saturday November 10
Members Online - Monday November 12
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Thursday November 15
General Sale - Monday November 19

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »
Referee: James Linington
Assistant Referee: Mark Russell
Assistant Referee: Dean Treleaven
Fourth Official: Adam Matthews

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 07:26:47 AM »
Think for the third game running I think we should keep the same team. HRK has been doing ok in the wing forward role. Morrison has been steady without being spectacular but is finding his form. Matt Phillips has been immense in his new role.

Pressure off for this game as we won v Ipswich would take a point here and now to keep the momentum going. Obviously another 3 points would really set down a marker.
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »
Think for the third game running I think we should keep the same team. HRK has been doing ok in the wing forward role. Morrison has been steady without being spectacular but is finding his form. Matt Phillips has been immense in his new role.

Yep, no need to make changes. The only change I'd consider is Barry for Morrison not because Mozza has done anything wrong but because it's a tougher away game and Swansea are sure to have a fair bit of possession and the more defensively solid Barry might be the better option of the two. 50 / 50 how I'd make that call. Other than that, unchanged.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 08:50:26 AM »
Be interesting to see how Moore decides to rotate the squad, including subs, next few weeks

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 05:29:50 PM »
After the hammering Norwich gave them today they might be feeling a little stung. Hopefully we can continue on from our last 2games.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 08:54:04 PM »
Their defeat today could go either way hopefully it demoralises them and we can get another three points, it’s so close at the top , and that’s not including seals and bluenoses who will have a part play

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
 To keep it close at the top we really need to go and get three points here.We could be eight points behind Norwich come Weds if they win their game away at Hull on Tuesday night and that will be a big gap starting to open up.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
Gayle has to start

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Team
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »
With two matches in four days next week I've decided I'd rest Morrison for this game Gaz Baz getting the nod. Other than that, unchanged.

Johnstone

Adarabioyo            Dawson             Hegazi               Gibbs

Phillips         Livermore          Barry

Robson-Kanu                    Rodriguez                        Barnes

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Townsend, Morrison, Harper, Gayle, Burke.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 08:22:13 PM »
There are a few sub plots here

Tosin, very well thought of at citeh...but as a Cb , clearly playing "for us" at Rb but not great at Ipswich
Do we put mears in, from memory he struggled because he was asked to play RWB but maybe at Rb ?

I think Morrison has been good, but does he need a rest?,would he be happy?

Then the biggie
HRK has played well, Jarrod hasn't (but scored) Barnes looked a little tired (but scored) and Gayle wants to get in
Which  3 ?

Finally, we sign sakho, we wait...he played well...we don't see him...I want him at least on the bench but I'd be tempted with

Sakho.               HRK
             Gayle.   
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 09:37:43 PM »
I would leave the team well alone to start with, but sub earlier than we normally do (half time or before even).
This shows our team of the last few games, that they are being rewarded by playing. Letting them have a rest and refreshed for the upcoming matches.
It also then brings on fresh legs and asks them to show why THEY should be considered.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »
There are a few sub plots here

Tosin, very well thought of at citeh...but as a Cb , clearly playing "for us" at Rb but not great at Ipswich
Do we put mears in, from memory he struggled because he was asked to play RWB but maybe at Rb ?

I think Morrison has been good, but does he need a rest?,would he be happy?

Then the biggie
HRK has played well, Jarrod hasn't (but scored) Barnes looked a little tired (but scored) and Gayle wants to get in
Which  3 ?

Finally, we sign sakho, we wait...he played well...we don't see him...I want him at least on the bench but I'd be tempted with

Sakho.               HRK
             Gayle.
It's possible Barnes hadn't trained much during the international break due to that foot injury that caused him to pull out of the U21 squad - can't imagine he would have pulled out unless it was genuine. Friday to Wednesday is a decent gap between games. Can't see how we can leave him out if he's fully fit.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 10:36:18 PM »
I would leave the team as it is. It's hard to change a winning team. There are issues as mentioned above.

1) despite playing well tosin is clearly not a right back and we might have problems against better teams in that area. I would have him in centre and Dawson out at full back rather than play Mears.
2) Morrison has been very good since coming into the team and we definitely don't want to burn him out. However I think resting him in a home game gives us the option to play Sam field and allow Morrison to be fresh for the derby.
3) j rod didn't play well and besides the Leeds game has been woefully off form. Gayle should be coming on with 30 mins to go for him not HRK and looking uncomfortable out of position.

For me team would be same as I said above Dawson and tosin switching roles would be the only change I would look at making from the off.

However with the games coming thick and fast we need to utilise the subs. Bringing Barry on for Morrison with 20/25 mins to go.
Gibbs and Phillips are the other ones I would be worried about as both have questionable fitness records.

O Albion we love you

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:33 PM »
Agreed that Gayle must play. Best bet for a goal by far.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:19 AM »
With two matches in four days next week I've decided I'd rest Morrison for this game Gaz Baz getting the nod. Other than that, unchanged.

Johnstone

Adarabioyo            Dawson             Hegazi               Gibbs

Phillips         Livermore          Barry

Robson-Kanu                    Rodriguez                        Barnes

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Townsend, Morrison, Harper, Gayle, Burke.

I'd just swop Gayle for Jrod who hasn't seemed to be firing on all cylinders of late. 

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 09:00:34 AM »
The longer it goes at 0-0 the more vulnerable we appear to be, especially away (Boro, Wigan, Hull), but, they were so pedestrian for Norwich's early goals on Saturday, we have to go at them from the off. Get an early goal and i only see one winner.
4 at the back, Gayle in for J-rod with Sako on the bench.
1-3 and, sadly, Potter staring down the barrel.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 09:02:39 AM »
Cant see us keeping a clean sheet, so we will have to score at least 2 to win the game.

I think if we grab an early goal (think I saw a stat that we haven't scored a goal in the first 15 minutes of games) then can really see Swansea being rattled.

As setee said, the longer it goes 0-0, the more they will fancy it.

Would I take a draw? Probably wouldn't be the end of the world.

A win would really set a tone and get us right back on track for the top 2.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 09:07:25 AM »
Can see DM starting the same 11 as the last couple of games.

If there were any changes I imagine it would be giving Mozza a rest for Brunt/Barry (I would have Barry).

And potentially starting Gayle, but cant see him taking JRod out the team, meaning HRK would be reverted back to the sub role. (Personally I would start Gayle of Jay for this one).

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »
Leave it alone, bench is strong, we should use it.

If (and its a BIG if) I was to make one change it would be to drop JRod for Gayle.

As for Tosin, he is learning the role and doing ok, 1 mistake shouldn't result in moving him.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »
Gayle won't play the role in a 4-3-3 as well as J Rod does. J Rod has intelligent movement and can come deep and influence the game.

Gayle can do a job but I'd rather have him on the bench, it's not as if we're impotent without him (six goals in two games) and he's a huge weapon to have on the bench.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »
Cant see us keeping a clean sheet, so we will have to score at least 2 to win the game.

I think if we grab an early goal (think I saw a stat that we haven't scored a goal in the first 15 minutes of games) then can really see Swansea being rattled.

As setee said, the longer it goes 0-0, the more they will fancy it.

Would I take a draw? Probably wouldn't be the end of the world.

A win would really set a tone and get us right back on track for the top 2.
As you say, a draw not a bad result but, looking at tonight's games, even a win may only keep us in contention with the top 2, unfortunately.