Author Topic: Players fighting for the cause  (Read 4157 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Players fighting for the cause
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
It seems like our team spirit is now first rate. Brunt climbing out of his sick bed to play, Morrison returning with stitches in his head, Ollie playing through the pain barrier with an injury etc. It's good to see that everyone seems up for the fight, and gives me a lot of optimism for the run in.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Players fighting for the cause
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
Credit to Roy.

Hes got them working as a team again and playing for each other, something which lacked in the middle of the season.

Lets hope it pays off come the end of the season.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:44:43 PM »
The desire, passion and determination has been clear for all to see and will need to be maintained if we are to stay up
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »
I think bomber said something along the lines of the most he has seen an Albion team fight for the game in a long time, against Arsenal.

If we keep it up we will stay up easily, lets hope we do its great to see the commitment from the players at the moment.

Rich99

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
On FiveLive tonight the midland's correspondent said he'd heard from a couple of Albion players that they'd learned more about football in two weeks with Roy than they had with any other manager in their entire career.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:16:26 PM by Rich99 »

sax78

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »
Roy has reignited the passion both amongst players and fans alike. We'll be disappointed if we go down but if they continue to fight like they did against Arsenal there'll be no shame in it. Also very pleased to see more of the players applauding the fans at the end of the match.  Roy seems to be turning everything around! I've started to get a very positive feeling about our run in ! :o

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »
players fighting for the cause is the least I expect, I'd expect them to die for it if playing premier league football meant so much to them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
The Roy factor is rubbing off on everyone associated with West Bromwich Albion.It was a pleasure to be at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
I will be gutted if we go down now.If we had shown this commitment in mid season we would have been safe by now on 45 points plus
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
The Roy factor is rubbing off on everyone associated with West Bromwich Albion.It was a pleasure to be at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
I will be gutted if we go down now.If we had shown this commitment in mid season we would have been safe by now on 45 points plus

Ok mystic Meg  :D ;D

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
roy as established both spirit and fight into our displays and even if we get relegated i wont be too down hearted as we will have gone down fighting

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
Not only is the fight and will to win back but they also look to help each other.If one makes a mistake another rushes in to cover and help.Brilliant well done Roy lets hope we can keep you,
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
Im glad to see that the player are up for the fight, long may it continue.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »
Finally I feel we have a manager who can keep us in the Premier League, given a full season. If we don`t stay up this season and go down i`d be confident of getting promoted and then challenging to stay up, as long as we keep Roy.