Author Topic: As a Neutral !!!  (Read 5259 times)

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

As a Neutral !!!
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
Have you been invited to a match as a neutral?
Who with, what happened?
I went with some Spurs fans to Seals away last season and, although not really a neutral, wanted Spurs to smack em i was able to enjoy the match more than usual.
Worked in Leeds early 90s and went with some locals to see them play Man U on Cantanas 1st match back at Leeds, that was interesting!
Also been to Walsall a couple of times with a mate, but no intensity!
There must be a few on yeah...........dont say its just me ffs. :-[

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: As a Neutral !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
Ive been to a quite a few games as a neutral, so I can say that I have been there ground.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
I've been to the villa twice in the past two seasons with a spurs friend.

Both times spurs won  :D

I wasn't exactly a neutral.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
I went to a Merseyside derby last season as (kind of) a neutral. I did really want Everton to win. I was very suprised by the intensity of the hatred there is in that derby. The whole media thing behind it being a 'friendly derby' is rubbish. A total myth.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »
Ostend v La Louvier
One of the best matches,atmospheres, evenings ,drinks I have ever had

Dingles v Barnsley
We were away at Sunderland and couldnt get a ticket so went to this , really boring

Vile v Man city
A few years ago when they had Ginola ,man city winning 2-0 so my vile mate decides to leave on 80 mins , it finished 2-2 ginola got both

Plymouth v Blackpool
Down for the weekend (women) and went to this plymouth had mr Mickey Evans ,Blackpool had messrs Butler , Darton and Mellon .

Vile v Burnley
This year in the cup did I laugh they were really bad (and quiet) and then this bloke gets up in the holte bend and shouts "come on you lot sing we are the mighty villa" obviously he hadn't been before.

Blues v Liverpool
John barnes was playing ...Me born and bred round here still got chased by the dole mongers from small heath ..

Walsall v Wigan
went for a laugh ....it werent funny.....

Oxford v Bolton
A very nice chap by the name of Bob Taylor came over pre kick off when we were shouting his name we had a quick chat told him we were albion and he said "so am I" what a legend....
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »
The only time I have been chucked out of a football ground is when I went to a match as a neutral...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:04:36 PM by wbako »
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
I've never been to a game as a neutral, dont really see the appeal of spending money on two teams you couldnt care less about and have never been offered free tickets. But i do have a mate who as come with me a few times up the albion
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
With me still rather young I don't have the money and probably not old enough to catch up trains up and down the country to watch games of my choice which have nothing to do with the Albion. I wouldn't mind doing it in a few years time if the Albion weren't playing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 06:20:04 AM »
Villa v Man C in the cup, hated it until city equalised in the 94th minute.

It was around the time of the football factory as I was ripping it out of my mate on the walk to the station and two lads behind me said "you want to shut up, your in bandit country now", I nearly died laughing.
I only go for the beer.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 06:50:14 AM »
went to the Liverpool Arsenal semi final at Villa Park a few seasons ago (1980) good game but nothing to get excited about, also went to Valencia v Mallorca when I lived in Spain, and Ferancvaros v Feyanoord (UEFA Cup) when I lived in Hungary.
Cant see what the fuss is about, and cant get involved when the Baggies arnt playing
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
Went to Villa v Blues when the Blues beat them 2-0. The Horse and Lazaridis got the goals. Was sat in the Upper North stand right by the steps, with loads of seals walking out early saying stuff like 'same old story mate' to me and my Dad, with us desperately trying not to p*** ourselves laughing.

Also went in the Blues end with my uncle when they got the 2-2 draw there after being 2-0 down at Villa Park. Brilliant day

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »
Been to Saints away with Pompey 3 times and was at the 4-1 game at Fratton park. Seen them up at forest this year too. I go when I can't see The Albion and when enough people go, more of a day on the urine with ya mates when you don't care about the score!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
Inter v Twente this season in Champs League, rubbish game rubbish stadium, got ripped off at hotel for ticket, paid €80 for a €24 ticket (well our company did i put it on expenses!) overall experience was cack, no atmosphere at all.

Dingles v Bloos at custard bowl, free ticket in box, free beers and meal bloos won 1 nil nowt special, wore my albion badge!

Walsall v Villa pre season, Walsall got spanked, again nothing to get excited about

Also on another work freebie went to Warwickshire v Glamorgan one dayer (not really into county cricket so I was neutral), what a day that was though free beer all day, sun blazing, cant even remember who won but cracking day rounded off with a few 'jugs' in spearmint rhino for the evening entertainment!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:18 PM »
My best mate is a Blackburn fan and I agreed to go to St James Park ( its always been on my to do list) with him to watch Blackburn Newcastle the season Newcastle went down.

We sat 1 row from the back and despite the air being thin up in the gods of that stand it was a fantastic day ( Blackburn won 2 0 and I cant stand Newcastle) . I got bladdered and had a great day out , the blackburn fans are a good bunch even when they knew I was Albion.

It was also the day Scott Carson turned into Lev Yashin and we beat Boro 1 - 0 on teeside.

Stayed the night, went to a strip club (sshh!) and bumped into some baggies in Newcastle that night too. Magic day.

Highlight of the day however was 3000 of us in the stand singing, '' the toon, the toon, the toon are going doon!''

Over and out

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »
Went with a mate to watch Blues Vs Man City last season.

Was on TV/night game if I remember. 0-0 full time but Blues bossed it, had a penalty saved and hit the post, was a nice game to watch but the crowd were very rough lol.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »
I went to Spurs vs Man City as a neutral,I think it'd be something like 2004 as City weren't rich yet.Spurs scored two in the last couple of minutes,nice ground.

Morany

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
Got mates in Oldham, been to watch them about 5 times. Horrible  :D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
Been to a few at villa, dingles (in the away end with Aldershot, Southend and Port Vale fans), Man Utd v Forest around 1995 (Utd won 5-0) and the 1993 FA Cup Final plus a few others.

Not the same to be honest
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »
You don't get the women like at the albion do you :)
I only go for the beer.

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
i haven't been to a game as a neutral. but i have been asked to go to villa and wolves games, but I couldn't go to a wolves game without watching albion.
ALBION TIL I DIE

EveshamBaggy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »
Leeds vs Everton - David White came on as sub and scored a hattrick.
PSG vs Bastia - Paraded the UEFA Cup, only cost a fiver and PSG won 5-1