Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843897 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »
Can't help but think we have missed another opportunity to show our ambition. Essentially we have appointed someone with two caps for Jamaica,  whose domestic playing achievements are relegation from Premiership on both occasions he played at that level (although with a couple of Championship promotions) and 6 matches managerial experience.  However,  he is Big Dave, he does appear to have the club at heart and no matter what reservations people have I can not see anyone giving him a hard time before a ball is even kicked unlike previous appointments .
Good luck Darren, really hope you prove us doubters wrong.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2018, 06:22:59 PM »
Not my choice, but now he is our manager lets all get behind him and back him all the way.
Good luck Big Dave.
COYB.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »
Congratulations, Big Dave
You love the club and we love you
Now do us proud

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »
Not my choice, but now he is our manager lets all get behind him and back him all the way.
Good luck Big Dave.
COYB.

That's fair enough divine, although I have been dead keen all along I totally get why there are reservations.

He's one of us. He LOVES the club and not just the glory. It's up to the club now to get the squad right. Fasten yourselves in chaps! We Are Albion.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2018, 06:28:12 PM »
Was in two minds but really chuffed now the decision has been made - how different to the appointments of the last two clowns!

Let's all get behind and hope that the club provide him with the resources and support he's going to need to get us off to a good start.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2018, 06:29:57 PM »
The first appointment is as long as I can remember that has pretty much everyone’s backing ( few people probably wanted someone else but will still back big Dave).

Just hope he can mould team together capable of taking it to teams and playing some decent football.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
The players talked Darren up so it's time for them to stand up and support him in their actions to get us back up now.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »
I’m happy to have Darren as our manager/head coach I think he had to be given the job after the end of season results from a team that was totally demoralised.
It’s going to be a hard old slog but I hope it all comes together for us and him.
COYB

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
Massive congrats to Darren, really feel that we have a manager who cares and has the FULL backing of ALL at the club. I met him only a few months ago in Brum and he was an absolute gent and a pleasure to talk with. He has my full support and I’m sure everyone involved in the day-to-day running of the club.
We must be patient and allow him to make his mark and impose his ethics - we’ve certainly chosen the right character....now ‘Big Dave’, over to you!

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »
Can't help but think we have missed another opportunity to show our ambition. Essentially we have appointed someone with two caps for Jamaica,  whose domestic playing achievements are relegation from Premiership on both occasions he played at that level (although with a couple of Championship promotions) and 6 matches managerial experience.  However,  he is Big Dave, he does appear to have the club at heart and no matter what reservations people have I can not see anyone giving him a hard time before a ball is even kicked unlike previous appointments .
Since when has that mattered? Don't remember Mourinho, Alex Ferguson having great playing careers

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »
Congratulations Darren. Nice to have a very humble, polite guy in charge. Just the issue of ripping this squad apart and rebuilding. Get rid of anyone that doesn't want to play for him, and lets get this wagon rolling. I'm actually very excited at this new beginning. Yes it could go horribly wrong, but for once I feel positive about the club. Glad Foster and Brunt have pledged their allegiance to us, we will need some wise old heads among the younger players. Roll on August I say

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #436 on: May 18, 2018, 07:34:42 PM »
Since when has that mattered? Don't remember Mourinho, Alex Ferguson having great playing careers

And Bryan Robson made a great manager ???

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #437 on: May 18, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »
I want him to succeed, I really do. He's a great bloke, and a hero of mine. But...

I have been racking my brains, and I can't remember a caretaker who went in as a firefighter, like Moore did, who was then a success when they got the job on a full time basis.

I also think this is unlikely to shake any of the players out of the comfort zone they seem to inhabit. I can see new contracts on the horizon for Yacob, Myhill, even Morrison, and a continuation of the malaise we seem to find ourselves in.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I am. But I can see this going badly wrong, it lasting until about November / December, and then us having to go out and hire the manager we should be getting now.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #438 on: May 18, 2018, 08:03:56 PM »
May as well move discussions to this thread now that it is official.

Seemingly confirmed on the official Twitter account.

Made my views clear last night, certainly not my choice for the job and I believe this will end in utter disaster and will ruin the image of one of my heroes when it comes to the parting of the ways during the course of this season, but I shall get fully behind him and the team and pray that in seven months Jacko is quoting this post with a ' ;D ' as he steers us to the top of the table with consummate ease.

Great PR stunt but only experience from April I'd have brought another head coach in and let him work with DM but sadly I can see this ending in tears. As you say he's a hero its just too early for him As you said I hope he proves me wrong. but even RDM had a season under his belt

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
If Darren Moore turns out to be the next Mourinho or Alex Ferguson then we will truly have struck gold and we will have to question why the muppets ever employed Pulis or Pardew ahead of Big Dave in the first place. (If you are seriously anticipating this I think you may be disappointed)

I belive you are missing my point. If Darren was Joe Bloggs with no connection to the Albion and that record I imagine the burning torches and pitch forks would be on their way to the Hawthorns now and the threats of non purchasing of season tickets filling these pages.

I personally do not think it is an ambitious appointment but he will have the benefit of bringing the support together behind him and plenty of good will.

As an aside, it took Mourinho 13 years to go from his non existent playing career to first managerial position with 7 years (?) as a number two. Fergie was managing for a good number of years before he got success with Aberdeen in the early eighties. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:21:47 PM by Dexy »
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #440 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
Delighted for the big man now owners need to back him, good luck Darren let's take Championship league by storm  ;D

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #441 on: May 18, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
Not my first choice but 100% behind him now he needs backing in the transfer market. We need some fire power 2 strikers in (before any leave) we need an attacking mid to replace chadli and we need two cbs.

If we can get some of the shopping done before the World Cup then we will really hit the ground running
O Albion we love you

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #442 on: May 18, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
Re-reading the statement put put by the club it reads as if his influence has gone beyond the playing side of things and has reinvigorated the club by putting pride and heart back in where the last few seasons it has been missing. There is no denying the guy is charismatic and like many leaders that's a great quality to have.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #443 on: May 18, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
And Bryan Robson made a great manager ???
Well yeah, reiterates the point I was making

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #444 on: May 18, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »
He's been promoted as a player......whilst having a leaders roll in those teams. I think he can do it.
Arsenal are about to appoint Arteta......that's equally a gamble.
The Pardew saga has made us look within and I really hope it works.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #445 on: May 18, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
Fingers crossed this works out. Will be fascinating to see what goes on with player sales and recruitment, what happens to the DOF and how decent the football is at the start of the season.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #446 on: May 18, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »

If Darren Moore turns out to be the next Mourinho or Alex Ferguson then we will truly have struck gold and we will have to question why the muppets ever employed Pulis or Pardew ahead of Big Dave in the first place. (If you are seriously anticipating this I think you may be disappointed)

I belive you are missing my point. If Darren was Joe Bloggs with no connection to the Albion and that record I imagine the burning torches and pitch forks would be on their way to the Hawthorns now and the threats of non purchasing of season tickets filling these pages.

I personally do not think it is an ambitious appointment but he will have the benefit of bringing the support together behind him and plenty of good will.

As an aside, it took Mourinho 13 years to go from his non existent playing career to first managerial position with 7 years (?) as a number two. Fergie was managing for a good number of years before he got success with Aberdeen in the early eighties.
Not anticipating that at all. Merely pointing out you don't have to be a great player to be a  good manager. People clambouring for Dean Smith ..was he as good a player as Big Dave?

Incidentally, people seem to be just assuming Big Dave has got the job based on six games.
Have you thought, he might have impressing before that?
He's been promoted through the varying coaching set-ups for a while now, so it's natural progression.
In terms of playing style, give the guy a chance.
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and for me that's what he was dealing with ...it was a dismal squad for all people keep saying it wasn't.
If the club get the recruitment right, let's judge the playing style then.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #447 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:46 PM »
I want him to succeed, I really do. He's a great bloke, and a hero of mine. But...

I have been racking my brains, and I can't remember a caretaker who went in as a firefighter, like Moore did, who was then a success when they got the job on a full time basis.

I also think this is unlikely to shake any of the players out of the comfort zone they seem to inhabit. I can see new contracts on the horizon for Yacob, Myhill, even Morrison, and a continuation of the malaise we seem to find ourselves in.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I am. But I can see this going badly wrong, it lasting until about November / December, and then us having to go out and hire the manager we should be getting now.

Agreed but would say that I don’t anticiipate them removing big dave , the bloke would have to quit so we could save a few quid which is the name of the game..

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #448 on: May 18, 2018, 10:07:20 PM »
Makes you wonder if any players may now stay because of big Dave

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #449 on: May 18, 2018, 10:19:33 PM »
One of my pub hobbyhorses, how the best managers are usually not the most naturally gifted players, they are the ones who had to work out what to do with limited God given ability.  If you had to think about playing to your strengths as a player, you're already half way to being a coach.