Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843893 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1775 on: October 24, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »
Nothing but respect for Moore but this rubbish has got to stop .
Bartley - gone
3 at the back - gone
HRK sub - gone
Phillips in defence - gone
Jrod still getting picked despite being out of form - gone.
Finally , Brunt out the middle.
Then we can turn this around.
Just about sums it up Dexy, just one line missing.
If none of the above, Darren Moore - gone
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1776 on: October 24, 2018, 10:34:48 PM »
It's not a bad thing to find out those problems as it's just October and still long way to go.

Now big test for his tactically ability. I hope he can overcome this hurdle.

Except many of these problems were pretty clear a long time ago and not a lot has been done to overcome them thus far.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1777 on: October 24, 2018, 10:35:08 PM »
Tactically out-thought by a manager even less experienced than him.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: October 24, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
We need to revert to a back 4 with Hoolahan just in front as a play maker similar to what Leeds are doing with Kalvin Phillips in front of their back 4 .

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1779 on: October 24, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »

By what ? 6 games ?

I'm sure Moore out smarted the spurs gaffer last season, huge difference in experience

Means nothing

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1780 on: October 24, 2018, 10:42:07 PM »
It also defies logic that one of our best defenders of the last 20 years has managed to produce probably our worst defence in that time.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1781 on: October 24, 2018, 10:42:52 PM »
Talking utter garbage after game and is starting to be found out, tactics are none existence from his teams and only for Barnes and Gayle chipping in with goals and getting results to cover coaching staffs short comings.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1782 on: October 24, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »
It also defies logic that one of our best defenders of the last 20 years has managed to produce probably our worst defence in that time.

Mowbray was a defender as a player. It doesn't seem to follow that good defenders are good defensive coaches for some reason.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1783 on: October 24, 2018, 10:44:46 PM »

Mowbray and Denis Smith were also guilty of the same. I think centre halves dream about how they want football to be played and going forward they seem to get it right most of the time but defensively they struggle
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1784 on: October 24, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
Listening to his post match interview I wonder how well he gets his coaching points across.
He needs to grow some balls and tell his mate Jones he's not coaching Belgium now and the back 3 isn't working.
Bartley is one of the worst centre halves I've seen and i saw Stacey North.
Dawson's has been equally poor but we know there's a decent defender in there from his time next to Evans and gmac.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1785 on: October 24, 2018, 11:01:26 PM »
Don't think its only the defence that should be blamed, as they had very poor protection in front of them. Livermore might have made some difference in there. As Bomber said, we need to play more compact when defending. Anotehr problem is that, apart from Hegazi, we don't have many other defenders as an option. Obviously we tried to bring in more defenders in the close season but failed.
I hope this isn't used as an excuse to go more defensive. Do we really want to go back to scrapping for 1-0's? I've certainly had enough of that over the last few years.

Must say I fail to see what Mears and HRK bring. Puzzling subs. They must be doing something amazing in training. 
Really hope the injuries are not serious. Gayle, Gibbs and Phillips are absolutely vital. 

Still,  we haven't been beaten by more than one goal till tonight.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:03:12 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1786 on: October 24, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »
A mistake is when you do something once, but if you keep repeating it then it becomes habitual, the same way fans used to say 'it was just one sloppy error' as to why we continually lost games under Irvine, when in reality it was a systematic problem which was a result of his bad tactics.

On to Moore, firstly I like his football and philosophy, after years of Pulis it's a refreshing change.
However, we've been making the same mistakes, over and over this season and it's starting to become concerning when you enter October and nothing seems to be improved upon. If anything, you could argue other teams are now gaining on us through use of tape/footage which reveals our errors. I think Derby did this tonight for the second goal, like Wigan it was from a long-ball goalkick.

The problem with Moore is that there's a massive gap between the middle and back. Dare I say it, Yacob would have been perfect to sit there and take easy passes/plug the gap. Instead we don't have that player so we get ran through too easy.
I would like to see Barry put in that position or as said above, even Hoolahan would be a good option. Possibly even Field or Livermore, just not Brunt! Basically it would allow us some cover at the back whilst also allowing more passing options. Our back 3 CANNOT pass the ball very well for 90 minutes and it brings attacks on to us.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1787 on: October 24, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »
Listening to his post match interview I wonder how well he gets his coaching points across.
He needs to grow some balls and tell his mate Jones he's not coaching Belgium now and the back 3 isn't working.
Dawson's has been equally poor but we know there's a decent defender in there from his time next to Evans and gmac.
I actually didn't understand what he was on about and its becoming painfully obvious that he isn't a head coach.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1788 on: October 24, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »
His post-match comments are an absolute joke tonight.

I hope to god he gets in early with Jones tomorrow and starts thinking about how to set that new back four up...

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1789 on: October 24, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »
I actually didn't understand what he was on about and its becoming painfully obvious that he isn't a head coach.

Agreed. I think Jones is the driving force behind our style of play from his time under Martinez but we don't have the personnel to do it.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: October 24, 2018, 11:15:52 PM »

Agree, I think we could still have a good attacking threat with a more traditional back line, but also be more rounded as a result.

As you say, Dawson was a proven Premier League player for years, along side various partners. I also think the others aren't as bad as people make out. Even Bartley who has been a pretty bad signing would look far better with more support - instead they're being asked to do things which make them look bad.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1791 on: October 24, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »
just wish he would try something different it's obvious the back 3 are uncomfortable with the ball, the central midfield has been a mess all season yet he constantly puts Brunt in a position he's wasted in. he's left himself short in personnel to go a back 4.Why send Nyom out on loan and bring in Mears who isn't good enough for this level. Where's Burke who cost £15m to possibly change a match instead of the predictably naff HRK.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1792 on: October 24, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
Time to say "Thank you but, good night."

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1793 on: October 24, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
I wonder if by holding onto to many of last years player has hindered him with building a new squad. off the top of my head

one's id let go
Hegazi, Bartley, Barry,Livermore,Morrison,Brunt, Myhill, Mears

one's i'd keep
Johnstone, Phillips,field, Gibbs,Sako,Dawson,Field,Harper,Edwards,Rodriguez,

try to buy     Gayle & Barnes
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:23:27 PM by geoff »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1794 on: October 24, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »
Is there another goalie available? I am not too happy with Johnstone.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1795 on: October 24, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »
His post-match comments are an absolute joke tonight.

I hope to god he gets in early with Jones tomorrow and starts thinking about how to set that new back four up...

Personally I don’t think either of them know how to coach it , Moore is supposed to be the off the ball expert according to Jones . On tonight’s evidence I’ve seen non league teams with better shape .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1796 on: October 24, 2018, 11:26:02 PM »
Agreed. I think Jones is the driving force behind our style of play from his time under Martinez but we don't have the personnel to do it.

A bit like the situation with Frank de Boer. With Ajax, his teams played some of the most attacking, attractive passing football you will see anywhere, winning 4 league titles into the bargain. Then he tried to play the same at Palace, and lost every game.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1797 on: October 24, 2018, 11:26:59 PM »
That won champions league medals, went to world cups, played with and against some of the best players ever
It matters
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1798 on: October 24, 2018, 11:30:08 PM »
every team we have played this season except qpr ,have played us of the park footballing wise irrespective of the final result,most teams couldn't finish,Derby could our luck ran out,we are playing now exactly the same as we did forest away back in august,3 centre halves that cannot play pass it out from the back ,a midfield with no legs that is overrun practically every game,tonights result did not surprise me at all,i totally respect Big Dave he is a club legend,but a football manager he is not,and we will only have the chance this season with this set of players

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1799 on: October 24, 2018, 11:31:13 PM »

Funny I was wondering if anyone would mention this. This style smacks of Jones and Martinez at Wigan (and Everton). Enjoyed going forward but couldn’t defend.
I thought Albion fans didn’t want defensive football though ;)