Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854469 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1750 on: October 20, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
Poor, poor, poor all round from the defence.
Adarabioyo looked shaky and physically weak when he came on and no better than the underperforming three at the back.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1751 on: October 20, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
Concerned that as suspected he is very inflexible tactically. As already said he seems to be re active rather than pro active with his sub's. A game waiting to be won was lost due to familiar failings

To be fair, I really couldn't see much of a gameplan to WIN the game today ?  Low energy, time wasting and very defensive.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1752 on: October 20, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »

You can pin a lot of things on Mears but the Wigan goal where Adarabioyo ducked/bottled the header from a straight long ball is not one.

Look where the Wigan player starts his run from . It’s bloody awful defending. He just lets him go.

Senna68

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1753 on: October 20, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »
I think Big Dave will get things right if he is given the right support, but I do feel that the club have stitched him up a bit, like our lack of a left footed centre half & decent right back for a start. It's early days with the style of play so we have to accept there will be games where we will be nullified by more experienced managers. Big Dave is methodical & he will learn from these situations, but we have to back him as mistakes will happen, what is important is how he learns to react to them. My biggest worry would be January when we will really find out where the club is going, if they are going to back his ambition.

A point I would make is that when you are on the touchline you do not get a great view of the play & sometimes I think help is needed from a higher vantage point especially in the first half so that things can be addressed at half time by the coaching team, because that's when a change was needed to be made today. I also think this is why sometimes we are not proactive with subs when they are needed & the wrong players get taken off. The question we need to ask is do we still have or use a performance analyst, because if we do then questions need to be raised about his/her performance as they should really be carrying out this role & advising accordingly.

On todays game my biggest problem is why we are playing Mears. Having seen the games where he has been playing in the team, you have to question what does he offer, because yet again from what i have seen of him today we are basically playing with 10 men when he is on the pitch. He cost us bookings, the injury to Dawson & the goal today. He just cannot read the game & his movement is woeful to the extent that the team are frightened to put the ball down that wing, because when they did he offered no movement, it just came backwards, he was constantly out of position, the wrong side of players when defending & that was basically our problem today. Other players are having to cover for him & its costing us. I think he is well past his sell by date & we surely have better options. Other people may not agree but a performance coaching student highlighted these points with me today during the game.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1754 on: October 20, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »
In any walk of life you will make mistakes. That is the harsh reality of it. However what's important is learning from those mistakes. Repetition of mistakes is quite simply unforgivable in my opinion and irrespective of where we are in the league, Moore should not be exempt from this criticism.

That said it's a tough league and Rowett and Potter are finding that out. The squad is lacking in depth and that's also a concern. It's times like this when the threadbareness of it really gets found out.

Still overperforming in my book. Just think that it's so frustrating that we could be doing so much better if he wasn't being so naive.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1755 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:40 PM »
The idea of a public forum is to discuss views. If you disagree with them then that's fine, but to keep seeing people belittling others for having a different view point is just ridiculous.

If fans think Moore isn't up to it then they have a right to say.

Personally, I'm getting fed up of his post match interviews that big up the opposition and say how we will learn from it. I understand he's new to the role, but suggesting that seasoned pros still have things to learn is just an excuse. For a number of games, we've been far from good enough, and have relied on two very talented loanees.

Ironically, i think a player who does have a lot to learn has been one of our best and most creative players (Barnes).

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1756 on: October 20, 2018, 11:22:36 PM »
Look at the table. Back him or lose him and watch him succeed elsewhere.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1757 on: October 21, 2018, 12:27:54 AM »
No creativity in the middle of park is hurting us especially away from home, teams just sit back and let us have the ball at the back but squeeze the space when it eventually comes forward. I'd be tempted to go to a back four on these away days giving Dawson and Hegazi the center halve partnership. 4 4 1 1 might help us gain control of midfield and I'd drop Barnes into middle with jrod playing no 10 and Gayle up top.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1758 on: October 21, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
There's clearly a performance problem away from home, although results haven't been too bad.

I think away we should just go 4231

Dawson would have to be RB, so it would be same personnel but a change of system. I'd go Livermore and Barry sitting, Brunt left, Phillips/Sako Right, Barnes number 10 and Gayle up top. You could potentially utilise Burke and Edwards more in this system, Field potentially.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1759 on: October 21, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
For me our main trouble particularly away from home with this 3-1-4-2 is the wing backs drop deep when we defend to form a 5 man defence. Brunt and Livermore then try to provide a 2 man shield for the defence but at this point they are trying to cover 4 opposition players in their two full backs and two centre mids as Barnes and the two strikers stay high up the pitch. This makes it ridiculously easy to play the ball around just outside our box ad players to make runs in dangerous areas which are static 5 man defence find it hard to pick them up and concede chances at will.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1760 on: October 22, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »
It's worrying me that despite clear and obvious problems, Big Dave is taking no action to combat them.

Mears is simply not good enough for this level anymore, we desperately need younger legs in midfield, and we can't replace Gayle with Robson-Kanu and expect goals. Yet here we are again.

He's done terrifically well in his short tenure as head coach, and he's trying to instil a more progressive brand of football in the team, but until he actually starts to show that he's learning from his mistakes, and not falling into the traps so many other British managers do, he will always remain a qualified success.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1761 on: October 22, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »
It's worrying me that despite clear and obvious problems, Big Dave is taking no action to combat them.

Mears is simply not good enough for this level anymore, we desperately need younger legs in midfield, and we can't replace Gayle with Robson-Kanu and expect goals. Yet here we are again.

He's done terrifically well in his short tenure as head coach, and he's trying to instil a more progressive brand of football in the team, but until he actually starts to show that he's learning from his mistakes, and not falling into the traps so many other British managers do, he will always remain a qualified success.
Have to agree. I like Moore a lot but he talks a lot about continual improvement and things to work on but nothing seems to change at all., the defence is still dodgy, Brunt still plays in CM, Mears starts despite being awful and HRK still comes on every game. Hopefully Saturday's defeat coupled with Livermore's ban will be the catalyst for change.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1762 on: October 24, 2018, 09:28:59 PM »
Woeful substitutions again, just don’t think he’s up to it.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1763 on: October 24, 2018, 09:34:50 PM »
Woeful substitutions again, just don’t think he’s up to it.

Agreed, I have the upmost respect for him as a person but he’s now getting found out. Those substitutions killed off any chance of getting anything from this game.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1764 on: October 24, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
Nothing but respect for Moore but this rubbish has got to stop .
Bartley - gone
3 at the back - gone
HRK sub - gone
Phillips in defence - gone
Jrod still getting picked despite being out of form - gone.
Finally , Brunt out the middle.
Then we can turn this around.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1765 on: October 24, 2018, 09:59:09 PM »
He seems afriad of shaking up the system. There were multiple tactical changes he could have made, putting j rod in his own up front and bringing sako on the wing, maybe put Barnes out there and put either Morrison or Hoolahan central, even just adding an extra man into the middle, but he always goes straight to Robson-Kanu, sespite him being a passenger for 3 seasons.

Maybe he will learn, but I don't have muxh confidence in him doing so.
Boing Boing

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1766 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:25 PM »
Top bloke but isn't doing it for me as head coach, unable to sort out defense being overrun in midfield and two loan signings baling him out.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1767 on: October 24, 2018, 10:14:17 PM »
Derby are below us. Loan signings are doing good for them too.
Lampard has connections at prem level.

When we was going good people on here said it was down to jones

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1768 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:42 PM »
Very poor from Moore.  Why HRK?  Why no Hoolahan?  Brunt 180mins in 4 days?  We are in big trouble if Gayle and Gibbs are injured.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1769 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:09 PM »
Sack moore and the players will be unhappy yet again

Do we really need that?

Let's go get someone who plays long balls to Gayle nd over Barnes head aye

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1770 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »
Look at the table. Back him or lose him and watch him succeed elsewhere.
he wont succeed elsewhere hes clueless

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1771 on: October 24, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »
Where's Sako Where's Burke.Woeful substitutions HRK Tyrone Mears Defence well that's been waiting to happen all season  .Two defeats on the bounce a third and it won't belong till he's looking over his shoulder . Shocking tonight !

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1772 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:38 PM »
It's not a bad thing to find out those problems as it's just October and still long way to go.

Now big test for his tactically ability. I hope he can overcome this hurdle.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:20:16 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1773 on: October 24, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »
Goals conceded: 20th  :o

Darren Moore labels the game bizarre. He refers to J-Rod's gifting Derby a goal a slight mistake.

Sky pundits making the valid point our central midfield, Brunt and Field do not show for the ball when the defence have it.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1774 on: October 24, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
Goals conceded: 20th  :o

Darren Moore labels the game bizarre. He refers to J-Rod's gifting Derby a goal a slight mistake.

Sky pundits making the valid point our central midfield, Brunt and Field do not show for the ball when the defence have it.

Field did show for the ball but Brunt hasn’t all season.