Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372754 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1500 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »
Met police now arresting anyone using the Y word at spurs v west ham at the weekend. It sounds farcical and like the FA, who started the notion it was racist even though spurs fans use it about themself, are trying to push attention elsewhere, haven't they got other things to worry about?

Lets see how they react after Arsenal play here on Sunday live on TV given they were singing about Spurs most of the cup game including songs about running round Tottenham with their foreskins hanging out. Whole things a joke.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1501 on: October 05, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
Liverpool 3 Palace 0 I think its going to be a very long hard season for them.
Cardiff 0 Newcastle 2
Roger East having a shocking game at Fulham today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Reddiebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1502 on: October 05, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Odemwingie scores in a losing Cardiff side who don't appear to be a better team than the Baggies at the moment

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1503 on: October 05, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
Odemwingie scores in a losing Cardiff side who don't appear to be a better team than the Baggies at the moment

and never will be hopefully !!!    :o
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1504 on: October 05, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »
Palace look dead certs for relegation and despite their great start I still feel Hull will be bottom three come May.
Allllllll aboard

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1505 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:37 AM »
I think Stoke will struggle this season, they cant seem to score. They didn't score that many under Pulis, but this season they have failed to scored in four of the seven games. Jones and Crouch haven't scored in ages either and they have only scored four goals this season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1506 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »
Sunderland and Palace even at this early stage are in real danger of being cut adrift but the rest of the division looks pretty tight. At the moment a couple of wins or defeats on the spin and either a team is the "form team" or "club in crisis". We have gone through that process already this season and as poor as Stoke look at the moment we would swop places with them if we were to lose to Arsenal today and thems after the international break.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1507 on: October 06, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »
Very surprised by the Tottenham - West Ham result today. Spurs looking a fantastic side this year and West ham struggling for goals, so what happens? 3-0 to West Ham of course! But like they say football is a funny old game  :)
Allllllll aboard

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1508 on: October 07, 2013, 03:12:25 PM »
Poyet is now the overwhelming favourite  for the Sunderland job. Do you think he is the man to keep them up? I have my doubts but time will tell.
Allllllll aboard

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1509 on: October 07, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
Poyet is now the overwhelming favourite  for the Sunderland job. Do you think he is the man to keep them up? I have my doubts but time will tell.

I like Poyet but as well as he did with Brighton its a big step up to the Premier, Kevin Ball seemed to have them fired up & they could of been two up before Man Utd scored, maybe his lack of experience will mean they might go for Poyet & Ball as a 1&2  :-\ 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1510 on: October 07, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »
Poyet has a very particular style of play and whilst I think he might be successful given time he needs to effect an immediate improvement in Sunderland's results and that will not be easy.  The Sunderland board might have been better to go for a more pragmatic option to get them out of their current fix although who that might have been I have no idea. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1511 on: October 07, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Merlin would keep them up, maybe Megson, McDermott , Adkins but I think they should take Mcleish .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1512 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
So Sunderland have decided that Poyet is the man to keep them up.

Personally I think they've just exchanged 1 raw unproven manager with another. He did do well at Brighton but I think the step up to the premier league is a step too far at this stage in his managerial career.

Also Sunderland are in a relegation battle and I'm not sure that Poyet has the experience that that particular problem needs.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1513 on: October 08, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »
Interesting choice Gus Poyet, he did a really good job at Brighton and got them playing some really attractive football.  First home game is Newcastle. He has a really tough job on his hands, but they played well at time against Liverpool and Man Utd.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1514 on: October 08, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
Very interesting appointment at Sunderland. Certainly another unproven choice but should get the fans onside for a while, needs time to sort out the mess up there though and it will be a tough job.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1515 on: October 08, 2013, 03:02:40 PM »
I still cannot believe that West Ham, a side that barely crosses the half way line away from home can go to Tottenham Hotspur and win 3-0!

As for Sunderland, I think Poyet might be the man long term to bring about the transition in football but I feel he'll be doing the majority of that from the Championship. With Ellis Short seemingly cutting his cloth accordingly I doubt whether Poyet and Di Fanti (Sunderland's head of recruitment) will have the money to bring about the change needed in personnel. Looking across their forums both Bruce and O'Neill did their classic cases of spending large amounts of money on average players with the club struggling to move them on at a later date - similar to what happened at Villa recently.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1516 on: October 10, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
The joys of foreign owners - Malky Mackay 'furious' at change in head of recruitement - probably decided in a board meeting of one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1517 on: October 10, 2013, 03:18:53 AM »
The joys of foreign owners - Malky Mackay 'furious' at change in head of recruitement - probably decided in a board meeting of one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24454963

another Venkys by the look of it  :(

Yeah lets sack all the people who know how to and have experience.... and hire a friend instead
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1518 on: October 10, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »

another Venkys by the look of it  :(

Yeah lets sack all the people who know how to and have experience.... and hire a friend instead
Don't knock it , whilst they all splash about in turbulent waters , we sail calmly up stream.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1519 on: October 10, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »
I expect Mackay to be pushed out later in the season too.

Farcical appointment from Cardiff - would love to see them go down.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1520 on: October 19, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »
Arsenal and Chelsea both looking very good at the minute. The task gets even harder for Sunderland now they lost 4-0 at Swansea. A great point for Southampton at United, Moyes made some poor subs and looked set to keep it at 1-0.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1521 on: October 19, 2013, 09:42:41 PM »
Arsenal and Chelsea both looking very good at the minute. The task gets even harder for Sunderland now they lost 4-0 at Swansea. A great point for Southampton at United, Moyes made some poor subs and looked set to keep it at 1-0.

Just elaborating on a few of those, interesting to see how that second half actually panned out at The Liberty Stadium whether Sunderland completely collapsed or Swansea really raised their football to the very high level they can take it too.
I don't mind Poyet, thought it was awful how he got sacked live on T.V and feel sorry for him today and the fact he has took that job.

Southampton were magnificent, saw plenty of that today whilst watching our match and they went for United straight from the off and just didn't stop. Thoroughly deserved their point and could of won on another day.

Once again. I hope credit goes to them on MOTD and not about Man United's misfortunes. I think they quite like Southampton's story so far so they should be ok.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1522 on: October 20, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
Early days still, but I think Southampton will be more than ok this season. I think we'll see if Arsenal can win the title based on the next few games, they have Liverpool and Man Utd coming up in the next few weeks.

I like Gus Poyet and with the way football goes sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Newcastle last week.

I think Spurs will beat Villa 2-0 today
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1523 on: October 20, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
Early days still, but I think Southampton will be more than ok this season. I think we'll see if Arsenal can win the title based on the next few games, they have Liverpool and Man Utd coming up in the next few weeks.

I like Gus Poyet and with the way football goes sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Newcastle last week.

Great prediction!!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1524 on: October 20, 2013, 06:49:19 PM »

As jonny said great prediction but have you got some kind of time travelling machine WBASPE77
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!