Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372761 times)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1175 on: April 29, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
5-1 thats villa safe now i think.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1176 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »
bye bye Wigan.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1177 on: April 29, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
Tamworth must be bouncing right about now.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1178 on: April 29, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
I can see villa finishing the job saturday by beating norwich,they will be buzzing after this.i think we will beat wigan aswell

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1179 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
Can we send Wigan down on Saturday?

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1180 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
just seen the Sky Sports odds! if Villa are 50,000-1 on to win why are Sunderland only 500-1 to win?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1181 on: April 29, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
just seen the Sky Sports odds! if Villa are 50,000-1 on to win why are Sunderland only 500-1 to win?

As it could also be a draw?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1182 on: April 29, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »
Can we send Wigan down on Saturday?

Nope if we won and villa,newcastle and sunderland won the gap would be 8 points.wigan still have 3 games left after saturday

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1183 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
Villa 16th now

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1184 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
looks like the PDC love affair is over :o

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: April 29, 2013, 10:05:46 PM »
looks like the PDC love affair is over :o

2nd half sunderland were shocking

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1186 on: April 29, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »
That will be the result that keeps them up for me.

Disappointing to see Sunderland collapse like that. Big job for Di Canio now without arguably their best player in Stephane Sessegnon.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1187 on: April 29, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
Two very good performances, when they came to our place they looked very poor and tonight in the second half they were bad. Looks like Villa will be safe now, at least we can have the derby next season to look forward too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1188 on: May 05, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
Really poor derby between Liverpool and Everton today very few chances at all.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: May 05, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »
All very tight at the bottom. All eyes on the DW Tuesday night. A Wigan win at home to Swansea would open it all right up. Lots of the troubled side have winnable games next weekend too. Villa probably have the hardest of the lot at home to Chelsea too.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1190 on: May 05, 2013, 11:33:13 PM »
Although Swansea got a good point against Man City Yesterday since they wont the Carling cup there form hasn't been that great.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1191 on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:33 AM »
Really Villa are not out of it yet! There are games between the bottom teams that could well see Villa go down on 40 points!

Sunderland beat Stoke, Wigan beat Swansea (their game in hand). We lose to Norwich, Sunderland draw with Southampton or Southampton win, Newcastle beat QPR. Villa lose to Chelsea. Then last game of season, Sunderland don't matter, Newcastle don't matter! Actually no games matter but when the Villa lose to Wigan.

Villa down?  Not inconceivable....

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: May 06, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
Really Villa are not out of it yet! There are games between the bottom teams that could well see Villa go down on 40 points!

Sunderland beat Stoke, Wigan beat Swansea (their game in hand). We lose to Norwich, Sunderland draw with Southampton or Southampton win, Newcastle beat QPR. Villa lose to Chelsea. Then last game of season, Sunderland don't matter, Newcastle don't matter! Actually no games matter but when the Villa lose to Wigan.

Thank you kind sir, you've just made my weekend  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
David Luiz - talented player but major t**t. Thats Aguerro banned and Rafael sent off resulting from Luiz use of the elbow when on shoulder to shoulder challenges.
Out of order the way he reacted to the ref yesterday and as for his antics on the floor....hope refs are on the look out for him now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1194 on: May 06, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
David Luiz - talented player but major t**t. Thats Aguerro banned and Rafael sent off resulting from Luiz use of the elbow when on shoulder to shoulder challenges.
Out of order the way he reacted to the ref yesterday and as for his antics on the floor....hope refs are on the look out for him now.

I'm sure refs will now the same way they have done with Suarez.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

mutchisman

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1195 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »

There is absolutely nobody who wants the Vile to go down more than me but unfortunately I think we are clutching at straws now. I think Wigan are doomed, they might get a result against Swansea especially as Michu looks to be injured but I wouldn't put my shirt on it;( they have a cup final to think about also) and they are unlikely to get anything against Arsenal. Villa had a great result against Norwich (he said through gritted teeth) and will be determined to do well against Chelsea after the 8 - 0 but even if they lose that match they will probably just need a point at Wigan in the last match and they'll jam their way out of it (again). I hope I'm wrong and you're right Semaj and I'll be the first to congratulate you if you are but I fear the Vile will stay up which for me will be a disappointment in what has largely been an enjoyable season (PO issues aside).

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1196 on: May 06, 2013, 11:41:45 PM »
Wigan v Villa last match.Very interesting indeed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1197 on: May 07, 2013, 05:16:44 AM »
There is absolutely nobody who wants the Vile to go down more than me but unfortunately I think we are clutching at straws now. I think Wigan are doomed, they might get a result against Swansea especially as Michu looks to be injured but I wouldn't put my shirt on it;( they have a cup final to think about also) and they are unlikely to get anything against Arsenal. Villa had a great result against Norwich (he said through gritted teeth) and will be determined to do well against Chelsea after the 8 - 0 but even if they lose that match they will probably just need a point at Wigan in the last match and they'll jam their way out of it (again). I hope I'm wrong and you're right Semaj and I'll be the first to congratulate you if you are but I fear the Vile will stay up which for me will be a disappointment in what has largely been an enjoyable season (PO issues aside).

I agree totally.  I think Villa have got out of it by the skin of their teeth.  But this is the Prem and it still could happen.  Wigan don't need to beat Arsenal but get a win against Swansea tonight and the other teams pick up points in the remainder of their games (which is more than possible looking at their fixtures). And then were into the last game of the season! Wigan v Villa! and either has to win to stay up :)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1198 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
To think we might only finish 2 points above the Vile at the end on current form
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1199 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:46 AM »
I still think that it will go down to the final day of the season as I see Wigan winning tonight and Villa losing at home to Chelsea.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC