Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372482 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #1025 on: March 11, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »
I'm not surprised to be honest, Saturday was always going to be a crunch game with the likes of Man United and Arsenal coming up and to not win has obviously lead to this sacking. I do feel they are probably the worst side in the league and were one of the certainties for relegation, although the table would say otherwise. Be interesting to see who they appoint with such short time remaining during the season but although on the whole he's done a very good job but its still a sacking which doesn't surprise me.

Thats unbelievable with 9 games to go when they have it all to play for Liam! High risk strategy! Having said that if Steve Morgan wants to get a footballing decision right for a change then there is the perfect coach for WWFC. Couldnt do any worse than Saunders 1 win in 11........!

If I remember correctly Wolves made an approach for him last season but he signed a new contract at Reading instead
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: March 11, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
It looked pretty much like they were going down anyway, but I think this has put the final nail in the coffin. This is not the time to be changing managers really at this relatively late stage of the season. Also, if they do go down, McDermott would have been a good shout for trying to get them promoted again. I think it's a strange decision at this time really. Who knows though? They could have someone really good lined up and they'll all live happily ever after :)

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1027 on: March 11, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
It looked pretty much like they were going down anyway, but I think this has put the final nail in the coffin. This is not the time to be changing managers really at this relatively late stage of the season. Also, if they do go down, McDermott would have been a good shout for trying to get them promoted again. I think it's a strange decision at this time really. Who knows though? They could have someone really good lined up and they'll all live happily ever after :)

The bookies have made Paolo Di Canio an odds on favourite. A fiery Italian at the helm and an impatient Russian tycoon as the owner is not a combination I'd want at our club. It is a sure recipe for an unhappy dressing room. Thank goodness for JP!!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1028 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
Bit gutted that he's gone, Reading certs to go down now. Would be such an easy away day for me next season too :(

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:28 PM »
Well that sucks. Three points for Everton.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1030 on: March 16, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
surely all over for City now.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1031 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
Title going to Old Trafford now.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: March 16, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
Brad Guzan has been immense for the Vile this season. Just made another superb save to deny QPR.  :(

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1033 on: March 16, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
Villa 0-1 QPR

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: March 16, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1035 on: March 16, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1036 on: March 16, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1037 on: March 16, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1038 on: March 16, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1039 on: March 17, 2013, 02:30:07 PM »
Sunderland drawing with Norwich 1-1.

Two questionable decisions from the officials. Firstly the decision to send off the keeper Bunn when the ball hits him in the stomach and secondly to award a penalty for an alleged handball against Bassong after he chests the ball which happens to catch his arm, despite no Sunderland players being around him.

Sunderland are quite an awful side if I'm honest and will now probably go on to win this game.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1040 on: March 17, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »
Sunderland were awful today. Soft pen given to them, Norwich should have had a pen.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1041 on: March 17, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
Sunderland drawing with Norwich 1-1.

Two questionable decisions from the officials. Firstly the decision to send off the keeper Bunn when the ball hits him in the stomach and secondly to award a penalty for an alleged handball against Bassong after he chests the ball which happens to catch his arm, despite no Sunderland players being around him.

Sunderland are quite an awful side if I'm honest and will now probably go on to win this game.

Ball quite clearly hits the underside of Bunns arm which he has in the air thus stopping a goalscoring opportunity, no brainer RED card.

Ball hits Bassongs chest & then on to his outstretched arm, Bassongs had made a move towards the ball with his arm, no brainer PENALTY,

Norwich should of had a penalty with Rose's handball INSIDE the box, Ref called it wrong.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: March 17, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
Really need three points for Wigan to keep pace with the Vile.

Looks like it's going to happen.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:54:21 PM by Quakes Fan »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1043 on: March 17, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »
Ball quite clearly hits the underside of Bunns arm which he has in the air thus stopping a goalscoring opportunity, no brainer RED card.

Ball hits Bassongs chest & then on to his outstretched arm, Bassongs had made a move towards the ball with his arm, no brainer PENALTY,

Norwich should of had a penalty with Rose's handball INSIDE the box, Ref called it wrong.

The reply I saw suggested the ball hit Bunn's stomach although his hands were in a ridiculous position to start with.

For me the second one is incredibly harsh. Bassong has chested the ball which has made contact with his arm which I feel is a harsh penalty. Had a Sunderland player been waiting for a shooting opportunity and the arm deflects the ball away then quite rightly, that would be a penalty, but when I'm closer to the action than a Sunderland player I think he's very unlucky.

Equally another shocking decision in the Newcastle game. How the lad never got sent off for that challenge is ridiculous.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
glad Wigan won but very lucky! should have been down to 10 men, and clear handball for the winner.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »
Must say Sunderland were shocking, I think they could go down.  O'Neil is so overated. Paid 10 million for Adam Johnson who is garbage, and he also paid 5 million for Graham who is just a plank. And paid over the odds for Fletcher. They also play a dire brand of football. If they do stay up I would sack O'Neil and get a new manager in.
BOING BOING

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1046 on: March 22, 2013, 03:11:38 PM »
See the Hammers have been awarded the Olympic Stadium as their home ground.
A team that averages 30,000 playing in a 54,000 seater stadium with a running track?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8583072/West-Ham-confirmed-as-new-tenants-for-the-Olympic-Stadium
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1047 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
Theo Walcott out for England.Could be out for the game against us 2 weeks Saturday
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1048 on: March 22, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »
See the Hammers have been awarded the Olympic Stadium as their home ground.
A team that averages 30,000 playing in a 54,000 seater stadium with a running track?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8583072/West-Ham-confirmed-as-new-tenants-for-the-Olympic-Stadium
You heard Of Hertha Berlin? They play in the German Olympic stadium. that is a team is 34,000 average attendance with a 75,000 seat stadium with running track. In the German second league!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1049 on: March 30, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
Martin O'Neill has left Sunderland