Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2377892 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #650 on: November 10, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »
Chicharito es el mejor! 2-3

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
It's times like these I love having friends who are Villa fans  ;D

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
It's times like these I love having friends who are Villa fans  ;D

I hope it hurt.  ;D

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: November 10, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
Hernandez is an absolute predator! Utd have finally replaced the goal scorer supreme that was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
I hope it hurt.  ;D

"Better than west brim
Have done against united"

My mirth has been replaced by utter bafflement...

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #655 on: November 11, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
spurs ahead, hopefully they only win by one goal otherwise out of the top 5 for us today.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: November 11, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
Newcastle 0-1 West Ham FT

Newcastle looked very poor again, West Ham look tough to beat.
BOING BOING

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #657 on: November 11, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
Us Not getting at least as point against Newcastle really hurts .Still at least we are above both of them
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2012, 05:15:15 AM »
The 25-year-old [Luis Suárez] is firmly established as one of the most recognisable characters in the Barclays Premier League, but while a firm favourite on the Kop, he is often on the receiving end of jeers from opposing fans. Nonetheless, Suarez insists that such treatment only serve to motivate him further.

"I think you need to really know a person before you criticise them or speak out about them," he explained. "I think sometimes the opposition fans are more interested in booing Luis Suarez for the problems he had or because he's gone down for something than they are in their own team!

"I think that each set of supporters should just worry about their own team and leave their opponents well alone, just like the Liverpool fans do. I think our fans are the perfect example and always show how to help the team by wanting to get behind the side. It doesn't matter who the opposition are, the only thing they want is for their team to win by giving a lift to the players with their support. That's what the other clubs' fans need to do - get behind their own side and not just think about Suarez, because all that does is motivate me even more to do well."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/suarez-on-award-and-future

::)

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
The 25-year-old [Luis Suárez] is firmly established as one of the most recognisable characters in the Barclays Premier League, but while a firm favourite on the Kop, he is often on the receiving end of jeers from opposing fans. Nonetheless, Suarez insists that such treatment only serve to motivate him further.

"I think you need to really know a person before you criticise them or speak out about them," he explained. "I think sometimes the opposition fans are more interested in booing Luis Suarez for the problems he had or because he's gone down for something than they are in their own team!

"I think that each set of supporters should just worry about their own team and leave their opponents well alone, just like the Liverpool fans do. I think our fans are the perfect example and always show how to help the team by wanting to get behind the side. It doesn't matter who the opposition are, the only thing they want is for their team to win by giving a lift to the players with their support. That's what the other clubs' fans need to do - get behind their own side and not just think about Suarez, because all that does is motivate me even more to do well."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/suarez-on-award-and-future

::)

The most blatent bit of self promotion ive ever seen. Why does that not surprise me. Is he worried his feelings might be hurt if his own fans are or might be turning against him?

Louis your a great little footballer but your also one of the worst sportsman on the pitch ive ever seen. If i were you id shut the #### up and try playing the game in the way British fans expect it to be played then you might get a bit more respect from those other than all your little scouse mates.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
So these Liverpool fans always get behind their team and never focus on booing opposition players, unlike all those nasty supporters who face up to Liverpool on a weekly basis.
I hope there is an enquiry on who messed up my sound system on the TV when Liverpool last hosted Manchester United. Someone obviously dubbed booing on to the Sky feed to make out that these loyal Liverpool fans were booing an opposing player for being a victim of racial abuse. Of course that could never be.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #661 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
The Vile are getting a right drubbing by the champions.  ;D

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #662 on: November 18, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
sunderland winning at the cottage after hangeland was controversially dismissed, could give them some incentive against us, lets hope the cottagers equalise. wouldnt mind a draw, but not overly fussed eitherway!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
Watching Stoke on a dodgy stream in a dreadful game against West Ham. For some reason the Stoke players have all adopted a Hitler look, sporting mustaches and crew cuts. Bizarre to say the least.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #664 on: November 19, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Watching Stoke on a dodgy stream in a dreadful game against West Ham. For some reason the Stoke players have all adopted a Hitler look, sporting mustaches and crew cuts. Bizarre to say the least.

The mustaches are because it's the month of November, commonly known as Movember where men grow facial hair in aid of prostate cancer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #665 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
Give you something else to look at. It isnt just a stereotype to say the ball has spent a long time in the air tonight. It didnt sound enticing and so it has proved to be.
Boing Boing

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #666 on: November 19, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »
The mustaches are because it's the month of November, commonly known as Movember where men grow facial hair in aid of prostate cancer.

Ah yes, I vaguely recalled something like that but wasn't sure exactly what it was. Cheers.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #667 on: November 19, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
Give you something else to look at. It isnt just a stereotype to say the ball has spent a long time in the air tonight. It didnt sound enticing and so it has proved to be.

Yeah, dreadful dreadful game. Puh.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #668 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:29 AM »
Doctors in London are stunned by the number of muscular neck injuries reported in the last few hours.

"it strange, as these are usually the type of injuries we see a lot of during Wimbledon but there isn't to my knowledge any tennis tournament on at the moment" said a Doctor who did not wished to be named.

Medical Authorities were launching an inquiry but had limited success at this early stage.

"we have found only one common link between these patients.... something about having seats on the halfway line at Upton park" said a pretty blonde nurse named Debbie, who had help treat a few of the injured.

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
And in other news:-

West Ham want Beckham.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: November 21, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »
And in other news:-

West Ham want Beckham.

Or to put it another way, West Hams publicity & merchandising departments want Beckham
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #671 on: November 21, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
Or to put it another way, West Hams publicity & merchandising departments want Beckham

Karren Brady wants Beckham.  ;)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #672 on: November 21, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »
I want Beckham  :-*

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #673 on: November 21, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
Chelsea confirm the appointment of Rafael Benitez

BBC Sport ?@BBCSport

Chelsea confirm the appointment of Rafael Benitez as manager until end of season
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:39:37 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2987554/title/benitez-appointed

Chelsea Football Club can confirm Rafael Benitez has been appointed interim first-team manager until the end of the season.

The owner and the Board believe that in Benitez we have a manager with significant experience at the highest level of football, who can come in and immediately help deliver our objectives.

The 52-year-old Spaniard is due to meet the players at the training ground in Cobham tomorrow.

The two-time UEFA Manager of the Year comes with outstanding pedigree. He began his managerial career in his homeland, most notably at Valencia where he built a reputation as one of Europe's top coaches by winning the Spanish League twice and the UEFA Cup. He then spent six years at Liverpool and led them to their fifth European Cup and an FA Cup.