Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2370196 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »
Dont think Ragnick will be a big enough appointment for Spurs. There next manager will be crucial in terms of keeping the star players.

Could be a difficult season if Modric goes to United, Van der Vaart signs for Schalke, and they dont sign Adebayor.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #351 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
Michael Loudrup confirmed Swansea manger, good or bad?
He got a few votes on our poll didn't he
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
We'll see if Laudrup suits the job or not.

He was a genius of a player but that doesn't mean he'll be a success in the EPL.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
With the appointment of AVB at Spurs there will be 6 clubs starting the season with new managers extended thoughts on the whole circus below

http://lookbackinmildbewilderment.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/i-think-music-has-stopped.html
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: July 17, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
Just having a look on twitter and readings signings are being way overrated, Guthrie, macleary, The Russian striker and potentially marriappa and Gunter. Guthrie is an average player who in my opinion is not good enough for the prem ad I was relieved we missed out on him. Macleary is not good enough for the prem and Gunter is untried. The Russian striker is way overrated, he didn't score many for fulham and after the first 2 games he looked less than impressive. What are people's views on reading? I personally think they are the most likely to go down out of the three promoted teams.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »
Pogrebnyak scored 6 in 12 for Fulham. It's a very small sample size but puts the likes of Bryan Ruiz and Dembele to shame, who are also considered very highly. Pogrebnyak is a goalscorer, and has been throughout his entire career. Even during his 'drought' at Stuttgart he had a decent record, so history says he will come good, sadly.

I think Guthrie is a premiership player too, maybe not top half - but give him some credit. He's racked up over 100 games with the likes of Bolton and Newcastle in this league so he must be fairly decent, and whilst I don't think he's amazing I don't think he's that bad either.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #356 on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
Just having a look on twitter and readings signings are being way overrated, Guthrie, macleary, The Russian striker and potentially marriappa and Gunter. Guthrie is an average player who in my opinion is not good enough for the prem ad I was relieved we missed out on him. Macleary is not good enough for the prem and Gunter is untried. The Russian striker is way overrated, he didn't score many for fulham and after the first 2 games he looked less than impressive. What are people's views on reading? I personally think they are the most likely to go down out of the three promoted teams.

Hate the town, hate the club, hate the manager and most of all hate the plastic fans they attract.

Really hope they go down with Norwich and the villa
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #357 on: July 17, 2012, 01:46:07 PM »
Hate the town, hate the club, hate the manager and most of all hate the plastic fans they attract.

It's easier to get a drink in Riyadh than around the Madjeski.
I only go for the beer.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #358 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »

I too hate the place and swore that I would never go there again after the high vis jacket fiasco and I lost my phone in the ground as well. Gutted they came up.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #359 on: July 17, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

I expect Reading to do just enough to stay up simply because I rate Brian McDermott. I think he is a pretty decent coach who gets the best out of players and who can foster a decent team spirit. The way his teams play might suit the PL reasonably well.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13:05 PM »
Pogrebnyak scored 6 in 12 for Fulham. It's a very small sample size but puts the likes of Bryan Ruiz and Dembele to shame, who are also considered very highly. Pogrebnyak is a goalscorer, and has been throughout his entire career. Even during his 'drought' at Stuttgart he had a decent record, so history says he will come good, sadly.

I think Guthrie is a premiership player too, maybe not top half - but give him some credit. He's racked up over 100 games with the likes of Bolton and Newcastle in this league so he must be fairly decent, and whilst I don't think he's amazing I don't think he's that bad either.
A big chunk of those goals were scored in his first two games. Dembele and Ruiz are wingErs and he was a replacement for Zamora. Guthrie has been overpowered by our midfield every time we have played against him, personally don't rate him

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
I see news filtering through that Sunderland Newcastle and Southampton not to mention the Dingles! are all saying they have been awarded Category 1 Academy status. Have WBA been included in light of their proposed £3m investment or EXCLUDED? Seems a pretty important one if we dont want to get left behind in the youth development stakes?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
Probably the club i hate most of recent past, why i am not sure really, chav fans etc.I don't particularly like their manager either along with their previous owner
Now most of them assume Shane Long will want to go back home and most of them predict us to go down.Good old twitter says hes handed in a transfer request?

Their new signings are resonable but mostly championship players.Is it they who will go down
Is there anyone else on here that dont like Reading :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:50:48 AM by WBAinDEVON »

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »
I don't like their fans, but I think McDermott is a decent manager and it's a well run club.

If you go on the Shane Long fan page on Facebook its just full of Reading fans speculating how Shane misses Reading and is going to be back soon. Quite sad really, they hated the fact that Long was behind Odemwingie in the pecking order last season, seem convinced that Long is a world beater and a Royal no matter what! When he was out the team, their fans were slating us and telling their golden-boy Long to come back "home", and when he's in the team and scoring they were all celebrating like he was still theirs!

I'd love nothing more than him to score the winner at the Madejski next year...  ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »
Hate everything about them, manager, fans, town, ground the lot.

Hope they go straight back down with the villa and Norwich

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
My 3 to go down

Norwich
Reading
Swansea or Southampton cant make me mind up

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »

Southampton
Norwich
Stoke

I think there's a few teams with the potential to be caught out, and Stoke have done little to no business so far this summer. Normally have enough spending to keep them up, but it's rarely the 3 teams you really expect should get relegated who actually do

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
Iv only just caught up with some of the pre season football but not sure if anyone has seen it. Garath Bale called Charlie Adam a coward for his tackle between Liverpool and Spurs. He's also come out saying Adam knew what he was doing and he knows what he has done wrong, this is the tackle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRo-lx8LZQ

Christ i know he's caught him bad but if Bale thinks that's a terrible tackle it's a good job he wasn't playing in the 80's.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
Iv only just caught up with some of the pre season football but not sure if anyone has seen it. Garath Bale called Charlie Adam a coward for his tackle between Liverpool and Spurs. He's also come out saying Adam knew what he was doing and he knows what he has done wrong, this is the tackle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRo-lx8LZQ

Christ i know he's caught him bad but if Bale thinks that's a terrible tackle it's a good job he wasn't playing in the 80's.

Yawn. Professional fouls happen all the time.

Well actually, I guess that is a bit rough for a pre-season friendly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:12:40 PM by Quakes Fan »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
I think its more to do with the fact that Adam has now had him twice and Bale thinks its personal.

Bale goes down at the touch of a bit of wind from a fart so he's not used to anyone actually touching him.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
I think its more to do with the fact that Adam has now had him twice and Bale thinks its personal.

Bale goes down at the touch of a bit of wind from a fart so he's not used to anyone actually touching him.

Begs the question...what does Neymar hit the deck for! Tripping on a blade of grass. He really is something else when it comes to feigning injury. Never seen anything like it.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
Just come across this on Sunderland's new shirt sponsorship deal which will net them a staggering £20m a year from a "Charity". Although for Invest in Africa one might read Tallow Oil according to this

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/sunderland-s-sponsor-a-charity-or-an-oil-company-

To put it into context it is more than Arsenal's or Chelsea's current deals and it is on a par with L'pool and the two Manchester clubs and a massive £19m a season more than recieved from their previous sponsors.

No wonder they cannot get Wolves to agree a fee for Fletcher the tatters know they got money. ;D
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »
Just come across this on Sunderland's new shirt sponsorship deal which will net them a staggering £20m a year from a "Charity". Although for Invest in Africa one might read Tallow Oil according to this

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/sunderland-s-sponsor-a-charity-or-an-oil-company-

To put it into context it is more than Arsenal's or Chelsea's current deals and it is on a par with L'pool and the two Manchester clubs and a massive £19m a season more than recieved from their previous sponsors.

No wonder they cannot get Wolves to agree a fee for Fletcher the tatters know they got money. ;D

Sounds like some kind of money laundering scam to me.

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
Joey Barton banned for 12 games. That's nearly a third of the season. With cup games as well, providing QPR go through a few rounds, it is still a quarter of the season.

Not sure whether this has been covered but his loan to Fleetwood means that he will be back from his ban earlier as they start their season earlier! 

Surely this shouldn't be allowed?
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2012, 07:45:56 PM »
Not sure whether this has been covered but his loan to Fleetwood means that he will be back from his ban earlier as they start their season earlier! 

Surely this shouldn't be allowed?

QPR have said they won't allow a loan and Barton said he was only training with Fleetwood.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:27:10 AM by Quakes Fan »