Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 93802 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #600 on: April 22, 2024, 07:07:14 AM »
Some bloody game this. Man U have no resilience at all.

Yep. Very much doubt any of their squad has the mental and physical fortitude to complete the London Marathon with a full life sized JCB digger on their backs (either). Bunch of softies  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: April 22, 2024, 07:26:22 AM »
Yep. Very much doubt any of their squad has the mental and physical fortitude to complete the London Marathon with a full life sized JCB digger on their backs (either). Bunch of softies  ;D  ;) .

There’s a difference between resilience and insanity 🤣.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: April 22, 2024, 10:42:10 AM »
I don't particularly like Cov but felt they got screwed by VAR yesterday and here is why. If you google the VAR image/decision then you can see the blue line which supposedly shows Wright's toe offside. However, this line literally thickens around the foot of Wan Bissaka which chops off a large chunk of the tip of his boot (making it curve like Aladin's shoe as opposed to a regular football boot). Why was this done? It does make you wonder.

At the same time you had Lee Dixon (?) quickly shouting 'it's offside' as if it was an obvious decision. The same day also saw Gary Neville (and loyal servant to Sky Sports) claiming that Forest's CEO should resign after complaining about VAR. As if his formal boss and idol never did anything like that. The Premier League absolutely stinks and the quicker the big clubs leave for the Super League the better.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #603 on: April 22, 2024, 11:10:12 AM »
And whilst I don't like Wolves Ashley Young kicked the ball and then the ankle of the Nottingham Forest player, Wolves have had that go against them. This time nothing for Forest so either Wolves and Everton both concede the Penalty or there not Penalties. Also worth noting Andre Onana was off the line for Callum O Hare's Penalty. Me and a few others saw that. And this is why despite me being an Albion fan I don't think I could ever go to a game in the Prem and have My joy sucked out of me. VAR was brought in to help the Refs. And I remember first game. Michael Oliver was the ref Craven Cottage was the ground and I think it was in the FA Cup. He walked up to it and looked and then made his own mind up sticking with his descion. We were all lead to believe VAR would be operated by a Referee like in Rugby but like Rugby just helps them make descions as they see Replays, it wouldn't look at Offsides, Mistaken Identity, Violent Conduct and one other thing were it's three main intervening factors where the Referee would change his mind. But we were sold a lie. It doesn't do that it looks at everything and because the refs are poor and don't have the balls to challenge the VAR Ref we see descions. If I was the ref I would have looked at the monitor and decided to give the goal as it was to close. Forget the lines they seemed to be Rigged. No one is mentioning the lines on the BBC. I don't know if MOTD did I turned it off after the Prem games because I didn't want to see Coventry get robbed. But instead we have this utter rubbish. A Wolves fan even said if we played a Black Country Derby it would be 0-0 as VAR would hate both of us. If I was Coventry I would demand a replay and an apology.

This leads me onto a point 5 years ago or back when we first got relegated I had never heard and didn't know of the PGMOL or IFAB I thought the rules and Refs were chosen and allocated by the FA and the FA would remove any Refs for having a howler. Now I know about them. I said to someone it comes to something the best ref I have seen this season was a women in Rebecca Welch. Mark Robins fair play to him didn't seem to angry but he said so it Hadji Wright had cut his toenail we would be in the final. I assume at that point he hadn't seen the mess of that line. Even Man Utd knew they had been Spurred ETH walked straight off with most of the United Players. That being said They did appeal, had they not it wouldn't have even been looked at. Lee Dixon initially said he was Onside then saw the line and said off. I didn't see the line was weird I could just see part of Wan Bisska's Body was playing Wright on side. I hope Albion never get promoted if this is what we have to face. Honestly Can we just refuse our place. Win the Championship or have a battle for the title and refuse our place in the Prem. It would be more fun than this
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #604 on: April 22, 2024, 11:23:15 AM »
As much as I don't like Man Utd , when they showed the replay you could clearly see the Coventry player was offside...only just in front but offside non the less.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #605 on: April 22, 2024, 11:52:04 AM »
Why does Dixon whisper when giving his opinion, ITV is rubbish for punditry
Bbc not thst much better, same old

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #606 on: April 22, 2024, 12:25:47 PM »
As much as I don't like Man Utd , when they showed the replay you could clearly see the Coventry player was offside...only just in front but offside non the less.
For me there should be daylight between the two for it to be offside, basically all that showed yesterday was his shoe size was bigger than Wan Bassaka's, it was that close. There was no obvious advantage to the attacking player there
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: April 22, 2024, 12:28:53 PM »

The Premier League absolutely stinks and the quicker the big clubs leave for the Super League the better.
Although much of the attitude of the big clubs, and the national media's cowtowing to them stinks, the last thing I'd want would be a breakaway Superleague.  The gap between them and the rest would become more or less unbridgable.  They might even try to turn it into a US type franchise without promotion or relegation. As an Albion fan you always hope we may be able to re-establish ourselves, so that we can take on the Liverpools and Man Utds and give them a good game. Otherwise what's the point? Football is a competitive sport. Is the pinnacle of our ambition to be champions of some second tier divsion? 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #608 on: April 22, 2024, 12:30:24 PM »
Although much of the attitude of the big clubs, and the national media's cowtowing to them stinks, the last thing I'd want would be a breakaway Superleague.  The gap between them and the rest would become more or less unbridgable.  They might even try to turn it into a US type franchise without promotion or relegation. As an Albion fan you always hope we may be able to re-establish ourselves, so that we can take on the Liverpools and Man Utds and give them a good game. Otherwise what's the point? Football is a competitive sport. Is the pinnacle of our ambition to be champions of some second tier divsion?

Its that now, effectively !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: April 22, 2024, 01:09:37 PM »
Its that now, effectively !
Is it? :o So we just aim to finish above The Ipswichs, Norwichs and Leicesters and then its job done?
Reminds me of what my Dad used to say. Aim high and you might not get there. Aim to be average, and you won't even make that. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: April 22, 2024, 02:29:45 PM »

I mean I wish they all went away permanently and competed in Europe, leaving the English tier altogether.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #611 on: April 22, 2024, 03:14:44 PM »
Is it? :o So we just aim to finish above The Ipswichs, Norwichs and Leicesters and then its job done?
Reminds me of what my Dad used to say. Aim high and you might not get there. Aim to be average, and you won't even make that.
Of course we want to be in the Prem, but with this VAR shambles we could think we have a huge game to keep us up only for say MJ to be offside by a toenail or because his Boot is bigger than say the Everton Fullback's. It is VAR that makes you question what is the point. The Championship has bad refs but when you score a winner you know it will likely stand, you know you get that feeling to go absolutely mental with your fellow fans as you score a last minute winner to secure promotion or avoid the drop or win the league. You Don't get that in the Greed League, VAR this VAR that get it gone and the Prem might be better. We all realistically know If Albion go up VAR will hate us.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #612 on: April 22, 2024, 03:23:50 PM »

I love the sentiment, but we are not going to compete with Sovereign funds / Cartels, while Shilen is shaping up to be our saviour, he aint the second coming.  We will not compete with the top 6 however much we collectively wish it. Sorry !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2024, 03:44:09 PM »
I think we already know that Albionic.
We know our place and are happy yo wait!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2024, 08:19:50 PM »
Tbh they have a fair few players I like the look of, and that's after selling off two players to top division teams in summer.

Their recruitment is miles ahead of ours.
Yet there they are below us in the league…funny old world.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..